War in Syria? Why?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Re: War in Syria? Why?

Post by P5 guy » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:32 am

"Millions for defense, not one cent for tribute"
"Avoid foreign treaties and entanglements"
:ber
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:31 am

P5 guy wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:32 am
"Millions for defense, not one cent for tribute"
"Avoid foreign treaties and entanglements"
:ber
1800 Travel time New York to Washington DC: 4 to 5 days.

2018 ICBM travel time to anywhere in the world: 40 minutes.

You might as well have posted the Phlogiston theory.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:37 am

Skoll wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:05 pm
tector wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:46 am
Bismarck supposedly said "The whole of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier." That is generally how I feel about Syria.
This is generally how I feel about the entire Middle East, including Israel. Not worth a single ounce of American blood.
How much American blood is an Iranian or Korean missile with a nuke or poison gas warhead worth? Your attitude is exactly the same as the firearms phobics who refuse to arm school personnel: They'd rather not see guns or even think about them and then they feel safe. You don't want to address, or even think about foreign threats or America's interests in other parts of the world.

And the worst part is that this attitude is being created by a Russian campaign directed at us!
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:51 am

jjk308 wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:37 am
Skoll wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:05 pm
tector wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:46 am
Bismarck supposedly said "The whole of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier." That is generally how I feel about Syria.
This is generally how I feel about the entire Middle East, including Israel. Not worth a single ounce of American blood.
How much American blood is an Iranian or Korean missile with a nuke or poison gas warhead worth? Your attitude is exactly the same as the firearms phobics who refuse to arm school personnel: They'd rather not see guns or even think about them and then they feel safe. You don't want to address, or even think about foreign threats or America's interests in other parts of the world.

And the worst part is that this attitude is being created by a Russian campaign directed at us!
Christ, you are actually retarded. You seriously think you know the whole of someones thoughts and intentions because they make a single statement, then have the f#;.,/g audacity to bring up "ZOMG RUSSIAN BOTS ARE MANIPULATING YOU! I PROMISE I'M NOT AN IDIOT!".

Protip numbnuts : Teachers shouldn't be armed, that's not their f#;.,/g job. Their job is to teach, not to become a militia. If you seriously think a gun will solve all problems, magically teach children basic educational tenants, and fix the issues in our school system, maybe it's YOU who doesn't want to address the reality of things. I never said America shouldn't look after it's foreign interests, I said that shithole desert isn't worth our blood. Maybe if you had an ounce of reading comprehension and got off your goddamned high horse and stopped preaching to other posters, you would realize that.

But no, you're too busy acting like a smug and superior lib and trying to tell people how they think and feel. f/;k you.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:08 am

I don't mean to fly off the handle, but I see a LOT of stupid s';t by people so set in their ways they can't tell their assholes from their elbows. What pisses me off the most is the assumption that you automatically think you know how I think.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:02 pm

International donors raised $4.4 billion in emergency aid for Syria and its neighbors on Wednesday at a conference in Brussels. However, the total fell well short of the UN target for 2018 after the United States failed to submit a pledge, Reuters reported. Britain and Germany offered new money for refugees at the conference, which brought together some 85 governments and aid groups. Pledges were less than the $6 billion gathered for 2017 as US President Donald Trump cuts foreign aid. “A number of important donors have not yet been in a position to confirm their financing for 2018 because of the status of their internal budgetary discussions,” UN Emergency Relief Coordinator Mark Lowcock said. “That includes the US, which has been providing more than $1 billion a year to Syria and the region in recent years,” he said.

A billion dollars a year in aid and we launch missiles into their country.
Our government is insane!
We need to stop the money and the missiles, both.
R/Griff