BOA just lost me

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TC6969
Life Member
Life Member

BOA just lost me

Post by TC6969 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:45 pm

Bank of America officially took sides in America’s gun debate Tuesday, announcing it would no longer do business with companies that make “military-style” weapons.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... tary-styl/

I immediately logged on, got my balance, and paid them off in full.

I'm not closing my accounts (3) to keep my credit record intact, but the cards are going in the safe, and me and BOA are done!
Last edited by TC6969 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Late mergers should be shot in the face, then set on fire and hung from an overpass. /:f

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: BOA just lost me

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:49 pm

BOA has been anti gun for at least the last 3 years...I tried to open a checking account for the gun shop there when I opened , I was so mad I wanted to poop on their floor , I also pulled my personal accounts from them long ag.
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:59 pm

I've always heard BoA is the absolute worst, I never understood why anyone used them at all.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

TC6969
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TC6969 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:00 pm

I have a 20+ year A+ history with them and wouldn't want to lose (Or loose for you illiterates) that on my credit history, but they have received their last nickle from Ol T.
Late mergers should be shot in the face, then set on fire and hung from an overpass. /:f

Swamp Water

Post by Swamp Water » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:26 pm

I’ll gladly close my credit account with them. I’ve already close my citi accounts. Bank of America..🖕🏻

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:32 pm

I ditched BOA a couple of years ago for everything except...my Bass Pro card.

This will be interesting.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:48 pm

Skoll wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:59 pm
I've always heard BoA is the absolute worst, I never understood why anyone used them at all.
This
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

TC6969
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TC6969 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:34 pm

Bank of America Corp. will no longer lend money to companies that manufacture military-style assault weapons for civilian use, in the hopes the move will contribute to a reduction in the number of mass shootings nationwide.
Using that logic, the next time I go to Cocoa Beach, I'll walk out to the water and throw ONE grain of sand in the water!

That should contribute to a reduction in that global warming/rising tide thing! =:wvr

Bobberfishin

Post by Bobberfishin » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:45 pm

I've never cared for BOA, so if their policy is to not do business with gun manufacturers that's OK......so long as they don't do business with tobacco companies, alcohol distillers, cell phone manufacturers, restaurants that serve alcohol & automobile manufacturers.
Let's keep it on a level playing field....all of these companies create instances where death can be involved.
Lung cancer, liver disease, texting distracted accidents, DUI's, and auto accidents are all far worse than the number of deaths that involve shootings
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." - Groucho Marx

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:40 pm

I use usaa and will use them all my life. Thankful for them
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

john in jax
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by john in jax » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Credit Unions can do everything for you that BOA does for you! Transferring funds/accounts to local credit union(s) that are not anti-2nd Amendment will not harm your credit score.

BOA and Citi are not just anti-gun, they are Anti-2nd Amendment!

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:10 pm

I have a citi card in the gun shop name to rub it in their face....I but nothing but gun parts with it for the shop....

Ill use it till they cut me off
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave M » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:26 pm

Saturday, I'll be going in to my BOA and cutting up cards and removing money from accounts.

Time to move to a more like minded business or financial institution

lakelandman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lakelandman » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:05 am

BOA is hurting already closing a lot banks this will only hurt them more than they already have poor move on BOA part. :ham'r :ham'r :ham'r
"Poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine"

Dr. Dickie
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dr. Dickie » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:49 am

Oh the list of reasons to never use BOA, being anti-gun is like number 30--there are SO many reason to not use BOA.
And they have been anti-gun for years, they are just trying to make hay with the current media anti blitz.
Repeal the 17th Amendment, let’s put America back to the Republic the founding fathers intended!

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:58 am

Bobberfishin wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:45 pm
Let's keep it on a level playing field....all of these companies create instances where death can be involved.
Lung cancer, liver disease, texting distracted accidents, DUI's, and auto accidents are all far worse than the number of deaths that involve shootings
Medical Misadventures, Will BOA stop funding doctors and hospitals? [smilie=011.gif]
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

p7fl

Post by p7fl » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:42 am

BofA is also Merrill Lynch.
Have so many interlocking business and personal accounts I can't dump them. [smilie=042.gif] [smilie=042.gif]

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:54 am

Dr. Dickie wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:49 am
Oh the list of reasons to never use BOA, being anti-gun is like number 30--there are SO many reason to not use BOA.
And they have been anti-gun for years, they are just trying to make hay with the current media anti blitz.
+ MANY! I dropped all bank connections and went to credit unions many years ago. Both the ones I use, Grow and Navy Federal, originated to serve members of the military, have fewer fees than banks, can do everything banks do and are a lot friendlier and nicer to deal with.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

patw
Life Member
Life Member

Post by patw » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:21 am

I wonder how much longer it will be until more banks go full retard with BOA.

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g.willikers » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:49 am

At the rate BOA is closing offices and with the few tellers at the ones still open, they may be on a path of self destruction all on their own.
I quit using their credit card awhile back.
Most of the other banks are just as bad though, and thanks to the convenience of online banking, there's little need to actually go to the bank itself.
At least as long as the satellites stay up there.
Gonna' look into the credit unions.
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."