Who should be able to get social security benefits ? ? ?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
User avatar
dammitgriff
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:14 pm

Who should be able to get social security benefits ? ? ?

Post by dammitgriff » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:36 am

Firemedic, I would fully support any bill that relieves the general population of the thievery of taxation, not just a select few who work for the government.
The taxes not paid by one member of society are socialized into the cost of taxation for everyone else—increasing their share of taxes—therefore no moral victory can be claimed by the government or supporters of such a bill.
If you ever hear anyone say that government picks the winners and losers, remember this.
R/Griff
Last edited by dammitgriff on Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jjk308
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 5594
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:08 pm
Location: Oldsmar, Florida USA

Re: Who should be able to get social security benefits ? ? ?

Post by jjk308 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:23 am

dammitgriff wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:13 pm
I want every cent returned to me that I was coerced to pay into Uncle Sam’s Ponzi scheme that is known as Social Security.
It's not a Ponzi scheme. It's welfare supported by a dedicated tax.

Feel better now? [smilie=011.gif]
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 4821
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:36 pm
Location: Tampa Bay Area

Re: Who should be able to get social security benefits ? ? ?

Post by P5 guy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:31 am

Social security was dreamt up to allow for the end of Company paid pensions.
0bama care was dreamt up to allow companies to do away with health benefits paid for the employees.
Combined this allows corporate profits to stay with the share holders and not be wasted on retirees and sick families.

:-k
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:57 pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Re: Who should be able to get social security benefits ? ? ?

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:15 pm

jjk308 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:23 am
dammitgriff wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:13 pm
I want every cent returned to me that I was coerced to pay into Uncle Sam’s Ponzi scheme that is known as Social Security.
It's not a Ponzi scheme. It's welfare supported by a dedicated tax.

Feel better now? [smilie=011.gif]
No, it’s welfare that’s only half supported by a dedicated tax. The other half is taken from the regular income tax revenue.
Libertas aut mortis!

User avatar
tcpip95
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:45 pm
Location: Fort Myers

Re: Who should be able to get social security benefits ? ? ?

Post by tcpip95 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:34 pm

All I know is I'm glad I'm 62 and not 26. I can probably live another 18-20 years - in which case I will run the clock out on social security. After that, it's anyone's guess how it all ends up.
I was part of the SOLUTION, were YOU?

User avatar
Skoll
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:26 pm
Location: Palm Beach

Re: Who should be able to get social security benefits ? ? ?

Post by Skoll » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:03 pm

tcpip95 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:34 pm
All I know is I'm glad I'm 62 and not 26. I can probably live another 18-20 years - in which case I will run the clock out on social security. After that, it's anyone's guess how it all ends up.
Gonna throw out my guess and say Mad Max becomes a reality.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

User avatar
Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2834
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:52 am
Location: Zephyrhills, FL

Re: Who should be able to get social security benefits ? ? ?

Post by Cardboard_killer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:19 pm

Skoll wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:03 pm
Gonna throw out my guess and say Mad Max becomes a reality.
I'm investing heavily in a company called Soylant Green.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

User avatar
Skoll
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:26 pm
Location: Palm Beach

Re: Who should be able to get social security benefits ? ? ?

Post by Skoll » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:26 pm

Cardboard_killer wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:19 pm
Skoll wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:03 pm
Gonna throw out my guess and say Mad Max becomes a reality.
I'm investing heavily in a company called Soylant Green.
I know someone who actually lives on that stuff. Literally flavored paste.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

User avatar
Jeepsnguns
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4107
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: Bradenton

Re: Who should be able to get social security benefits ? ? ?

Post by Jeepsnguns » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:51 pm

firemedic2000 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:04 pm

If you do not/have never worked. NO SSI OR SSDI. In America illegally YOU SIMPLY GET OUT. IF YOU PROVIDE AID YOU GO TO JAIL

Except for Jose thst mows my grass [smilie=011.gif] [smilie=011.gif] [smilie=011.gif]
[smilie=011.gif]
"If you put your nose really close to the screen and inhale deeply while reading these, you can almost taste the crazy." Waldo1

User avatar
jjk308
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 5594
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:08 pm
Location: Oldsmar, Florida USA

Re: Who should be able to get social security benefits ? ? ?

Post by jjk308 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:48 am

Cloaked Dagger wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:15 pm
jjk308 wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:23 am
dammitgriff wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:13 pm
I want every cent returned to me that I was coerced to pay into Uncle Sam’s Ponzi scheme that is known as Social Security.
It's not a Ponzi scheme. It's welfare supported by a dedicated tax.

Feel better now? [smilie=011.gif]
No, it’s welfare that’s only half supported by a dedicated tax. The other half is taken from the regular income tax revenue.
Not true for another 5 years or more for SS. But Medicare has almost run out of money and has to be tax supported.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

User avatar
jjk308
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 5594
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:08 pm
Location: Oldsmar, Florida USA

Re: Who should be able to get social security benefits ? ? ?

Post by jjk308 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:52 am

P5 guy wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:31 am
Social security was dreamt up to allow for the end of Company paid pensions.
0bama care was dreamt up to allow companies to do away with health benefits paid for the employees.
Combined this allows corporate profits to stay with the share holders and not be wasted on retirees and sick families.

:-k
No. When SS went into effect company pensions were common and stayed in good shape for another 40 years or so until inflation wrecked them.

Obamacare has cost a lot of companies more than their own health insurance thanks to its idiot regulations and requirements. The only exceptions are the "gold plated" insurance like GMs, and those are being taxed by Obamacare.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

User avatar
firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4704
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Tampa Bay Area

Re: Who should be able to get social security benefits ? ? ?

Post by firemedic2000 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:48 am

Skoll wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:26 pm
Cardboard_killer wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:19 pm
Skoll wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:03 pm
Gonna throw out my guess and say Mad Max becomes a reality.
I'm investing heavily in a company called Soylant Green.
I know someone who actually lives on that stuff. Literally flavored paste.
Soylant Green was made from dead people in that movie with Heston. So your friend eats dead people [smilie=eek.gif] :-k tasty with a little hot sauce. [smilie=011.gif]

Last Uncle lester a beloved and wonderful man who will be missed. I'm sure he'd rejoice in knowing that his death will not be in vain.

Yes dear Uncle Lester will sit at our dinner table tonight.

WHAT'S IN YOUR BELLY TONIGHT.

Just don't bury those family members you do not like. Have them for dinner tonight.
Bought and paid for by Soylant Green Inc for a better dinner tonight and better tomorrow. [smilie=011.gif]
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

User avatar
Skoll
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 301
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:26 pm
Location: Palm Beach

Re: Who should be able to get social security benefits ? ? ?

Post by Skoll » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:44 pm

firemedic2000 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:48 am
Skoll wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:26 pm
Cardboard_killer wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:19 pm
Skoll wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:03 pm
Gonna throw out my guess and say Mad Max becomes a reality.
I'm investing heavily in a company called Soylant Green.
I know someone who actually lives on that stuff. Literally flavored paste.
Soylant Green was made from dead people in that movie with Heston. So your friend eats dead people [smilie=eek.gif] :-k tasty with a little hot sauce. [smilie=011.gif]

Last Uncle lester a beloved and wonderful man who will be missed. I'm sure he'd rejoice in knowing that his death will not be in vain.

Yes dear Uncle Lester will sit at our dinner table tonight.

WHAT'S IN YOUR BELLY TONIGHT.

Just don't bury those family members you do not like. Have them for dinner tonight.
Bought and paid for by Soylant Green Inc for a better dinner tonight and better tomorrow. [smilie=011.gif]
Yes, I know it was a movie but it's a real product now :

https://www.soylent.com/
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

Post Reply