UK - Breaking News - Ban on all forks and knives

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
bowhunter
Life Member
Life Member
Location: Lake County, FL - sic semper tyrannis - AmeriKa-but seeking the restoration of the Founder's

UK - Breaking News - Ban on all forks and knives

Post by bowhunter » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:44 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7139724.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
=======
Ban on all Forks and Knives
All forks and knives: Cheap on the internet
All Forks and Knives are to be banned after a spate of attacks in the UK, say ministers.
The Home Office has confirmed plans to outlaw the weapons in England and Wales after putting forward the idea earlier this year.
Home Office minister Vernon Coaker said there was a clear danger to the public posed by easily-available forks and knives.
The Association of Chief Police Officers has backed the Home office move saying that while the use of these utensils as weapons is relatively uncommon, there is justification for a ban. The Association went one step further, hailing the move as a step in the right direction to ensure not only safety for its officers but to further the perception that the government wishes to serve and protect, “just not with utensils” they mused.
Loyal British citizens are being asked to begin immediate compliance by delivering all forks and knives of any sort to the local constable. “We have begun an exchange program and will trade 10 cloth napkins for each utensil” says Police Chief Mus T. Brain.
The proposal is expected to stop short of banning collectible forks and knives held by restaurants or genuine enthusiasts.
In March 2007 the Home Office proposed banning all forks and knives after representations from both MPs and the public. Ministers in Scotland had proposed a similar move in 2006.
“In the wrong hands, Forks and Knives are dangerous weapons “
Vernon Coaker,
Home Office minister <--my favorite quote
{In the RIGHT hands, forks and knives are dangerous and effective weapons --- prof's note }

Calls for a ban came after a number of high-profile incidents in which cheap style forks and knives had been used as a weapon.
The Home Office estimates there have been some 80 attacks in recent years involving forks and knives, even those with plastic-style blades, leading to at least five deaths.
While silver Forks and Knives are part of British history and change hands for large sums of money, British Royalty has a tradition of eating with bear hands, having bad teeth, and inbreeding. It is hoped through this legislation that some of these fine traditions can be made acceptable to the commoners.

Jail threat
Under the proposals, the government will ban the import, sale and use of forks and knives from April 2008.
Anyone breaching the ban will face six months in jail and a £5,000 fine.
However, ministers say they have recognised there is a special case for exemptions for genuine collectors of the original weapons and acknowledge there is a legitimate role for the blades in some forms of food preparation.
Vernon Coaker said: "In the wrong hands, Forks and Knives are dangerous weapons - there have been a number of high profile, serious incidents involving Forks and Knives in England and Wales in recent years.
"It is therefore crucial that we take this action to tackle the menace of violent crime.
"We recognise it is the cheap, easily available Forks and Knives which are being used in crime and not the genuine, more expensive Forks and Knives which are of interest to collectors and other fine food enthusiasts."
Thomas Roe
Thomas Roe: Jailed recently in Lincoln
In 2000 Andrew Pennington - an aide to former Liberal Democrat MP Nigel Jones - was murdered when Robert Ashman attacked both men at a constituency surgery in Cheltenham.
And at the beginning of December this year a Lincoln man was jailed after using a matching fork and knife set to murder a passer-by whom he thought had attempted to rape his wife. “It was a terrible crime” stated a witness. “He began slicing like he was cutting into a piece of mutton”.

The Association of Chief Police Officers has backed the Home office move saying that while the use of these sets as weapons is relatively uncommon, there is justification for a ban. The Association went one step further, hailing the move as a step in the right direction to ensure not only safety for its officers but to further the perception that the government wishes to “serve and protect”, “just not with utensils” they mused.

Loyal British citizens are being asked to begin immediate compliance by delivering all forks and knives of any sort to the local constable. “We have begun an exchange program and will trade 10 cloth napkins for each utensil” says Police Chief Mus T. Brain.
While genuine collectors such as restaurants will still be able to trade in the weapons, it remains unclear what measures will be put in place to prevent people from buying forks and knives via the internet, already considered a major marketplace for the weapons.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wrote this prophetic piece about 10 years ago - who knew????
"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." – Thomas Jefferson

Skoll

Re: UK - Breaking News - Ban on all forks and knives

Post by Skoll » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:46 pm

If our government was just as s';t, I would say we should help them like the French helped us.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:47 pm

AMERICANS WILL NOT SURRENDER THEIR FORKS AND KNIFES OR OUR RIGHTS TO BE FREE TO CHOSE WHICH SIDE OF THE PLATE THEY GO ON [smilie=011.gif]
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

Sutol
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Sutol » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:06 am

You've got to be kidding.

GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:10 am

Sutol wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:06 am
You've got to be kidding.
Yes! FAKE news!

Water Rat
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Water Rat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:52 am

I'm looking for investors in my spork company.
Already have export licenses.

No high capacity tines and length of tines are below standard length.

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:34 am

Poor Nick will pretty soon be living and eating like a barbarian with his fingers.

There was a study done by the British medical profession on the use of everyday kitchen knifes to inflict injury and the suggestion to banning pointed objects for sale to the citizens of the UK.

Now children you can't play or handle pointy things your not responsible enough to touch such things. Government at it's best.

This is exactly what the Democrats want. Over regulation of American. It's kinda like being around that parent. That no matter how old you get to be. They want to control everything in your life. Your money, where you live, who you see or marry. To them your to incompetent to make decisions on your on.

Let them know you will not be CONTROLLED
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them