Question about firearms shipping

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Question about firearms shipping

Post by jjk308 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:55 am

ger42 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:45 am
jjk308 wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:17 am
ger42 wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:36 pm
Don't know if things have change at my local USPS office but a few years back I went to ship a rifle to a dealer in another state and at first was told they did not ship guns. Took close to an hour talking to the Postmaster and having her make calls before they took the rifle. Had gone to 2 different UPS locations and neither would do it and would not discuss it.
I believe you may be confusing UPS stores - franchise operations - with UPS itself. To ship firearms via UPS you need to take it to a UPS Customer Center. The UPS stores will not accept them.

Here's the official UPS corporate rules: https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/p ... earms.page

FedEx Office locations are owned by FedEx and you can ship firearms from them. I've found FedEx Ground to be a little cheaper than UPS, much more convenient and I have an account so i can print my own labels and just drop them at a nearby FedEx office.

http://images.fedex.com/us/services/pdf ... e_2018.pdf

Neither company cares if an individual is shipping, licensee or not, but the recipient must be a licensee or manufacturer or other legal recipient.
Never tried to ship a gun from a UPS Store only UPS hubs.
If they gave you a hard time they were violating their own corporate policies as listed in their tariff. I got the counter clerks and supervisor stomped on and you can do likewise.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

DaeWoob

Re: Question about firearms shipping

Post by DaeWoob » Mon May 14, 2018 8:21 pm

Well, that was fun. Thanks everyone.
In Germany, they speak German.
In Japan, they speak Japanese.
In the U.S.A., we speak English... learn it!