Binary Trigger's

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
CVO
Contributor
Contributor

Binary Trigger's

Post by CVO » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:37 pm

Are they covered under the new law as banned in Florida.
Last edited by CVO on Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop the looting. Start the prosecuting.

LastRites
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Binary Trigger's

Post by LastRites » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:45 pm

Maybe, maybe not as the new bill is vastly vague on the pertinent details. That said there is a bullseye on that packaging.

Taco
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Taco » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:56 pm

I don't think anyone knows. If you have a friendly FL house member you can have them reach out to the Attorney Generals office on your behalf. I wasn't going to go there as a first step.

I asked Gutmacher about a couple things like this between bill passage and signature. His answer was that he is waiting for the session to end before he starts digging in deeply and interpreting. He will have an answer published on or before May 1st.

We have until October 1st for action, assuming federal rules do not come into play sooner.
Col. Hans Landa: I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, but rumors, true or false, are often revealing.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:04 am

Taco wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:56 pm
I don't think anyone knows. If you have a friendly FL house member you can have them reach out to the Attorney Generals office on your behalf. I wasn't going to go there as a first step.

I asked Gutmacher about a couple things like this between bill passage and signature. His answer was that he is waiting for the session to end before he starts digging in deeply and interpreting. He will have an answer published on or before May 1st.

We have until October 1st for action, assuming federal rules do not come into play sooner.
So much for the author....the FDLE implemented the rules overnight the background check all ready has drop down menu especially if you are exempt or not .... I too thought this was going to take effect May 1st but that might have just been what you typed before about lazy gut wrencher wasn't going to do anything about it until May 1st
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Taco
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Taco » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:21 am

Rentprop1 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:04 am
Taco wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:56 pm

So much for the author....the FDLE implemented the rules overnight the background check all ready has drop down menu especially if you are exempt or not .... I too thought this was going to take effect May 1st but that might have just been what you typed before about lazy gut wrencher wasn't going to do anything about it until May 1st

The 10/1 date is specific to the bump stock section-
Section 13. Effective October 1, 2018, section 790.222,
735 Florida Statutes, is created to read:
736 790.222 Bump-fire stocks prohibited.—A person may not
737 import into this state or transfer, distribute, sell, keep for
738 sale, offer for sale, possess, or give to another person a bump-
739 fire stock. A person who violates this section commits a felony
740 of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s.
741 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, the term “bump-
742 fire stock” means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a
743 device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic
744 automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of
745 fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such
746 semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory,
747 or a device.
Col. Hans Landa: I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, but rumors, true or false, are often revealing.

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:41 am

"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:07 pm

thats funny, voice to text changed Gutmacher to gut wrencher ....lol [smilie=011.gif]
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.