So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
User avatar
tector
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 14700
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 am
Location: Broward

So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

Post by tector » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:19 pm

By my recollection, we have had 3 true mass shootings in FL in the past 2 years:

Orlando nightclub
FTL airport
MSD HS

And now we have this legislative package, which does nothing to stop any such shootings. So there will be more, someday.

So what do we think will be the next laws our leaders will give us after the next mass shooting?

I am betting on crippled mags.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

User avatar
FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 888
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:55 pm
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Contact:

Re: So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

Post by FfNJGTFO » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:30 pm

tector wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:19 pm
By my recollection, we have had 3 true mass shootings in FL in the past 2 years:

Orlando nightclub
FTL airport
MSD HS

And now we have this legislative package, which does nothing to stop any such shootings. So there will be more, someday.

So what do we think will be the next laws our leaders will give us after the next mass shooting?

I am betting on crippled mags.
Or, a ban on AR/AK platforms.... even if they aren't used in the next incident... [smilie=042.gif]

User avatar
molivo
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 10985
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:17 am
Location: St. Lucie
Contact:

Re: So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

Post by molivo » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:05 am

tector wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:19 pm
By my recollection, we have had 3 true mass shootings in FL in the past 2 years:

Orlando nightclub
FTL airport
MSD HS

And now we have this legislative package, which does nothing to stop any such shootings. So there will be more, someday.

So what do we think will be the next laws our leaders will give us after the next mass shooting?

I am betting on crippled mags.
Universal background check. You can take that one to the bank.
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

User avatar
photohause
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 3020
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: Indian River County

Re: So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

Post by photohause » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:30 am

Mandatory tire rotating
What new gun my dear, this old thing?

User avatar
jjk308
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 5633
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:08 pm
Location: Oldsmar, Florida USA

Re: So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

Post by jjk308 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:32 am

Zero. This one barely got through.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

User avatar
bmup
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 1223
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:49 pm
Location: Boca Raton

Re: So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

Post by bmup » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:37 am

What we really need is for the next whacko school shooter to be stopped cold by an armed teacher or two. Preferably with an AR.
Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.
-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992

User avatar
#1Glock30
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:04 pm
Location: West Lake County

Re: So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

Post by #1Glock30 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:52 am

Let's see how this goes and then I will pick a shitty law. Or not. I think I agree with Molivo on the universal background checks though.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03 ... dment.html
"The National Rifle Association reacted Friday with a federal lawsuit after Florida lawmakers approved gun legislation that would raise the age to buy guns. The group's argument: that the proposed law violates the Second Amendment."
[smilie=popcorn.gif]
SHTF Ready

User avatar
Swamp Water
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:59 am
Location: Tavares, Fl

Re: So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

Post by Swamp Water » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:04 am

This is really disturbing. As a parent who grew up in Florida with a daughter it just pisses me off to know that they disarmed my daughter until the age of 21. They make me sick! We need to band together like never before and vote all of these turds 💩 out of office.

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 912
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:57 pm
Location: Orlando, FL

Re: So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:22 am

Swamp Water wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:04 am
This is really disturbing. As a parent who grew up in Florida with a daughter it just pisses me off to know that they disarmed my daughter until the age of 21. They make me sick! We need to band together like never before and vote all of these turds 💩 out of office.
I believe you can still gift a gun to your daughter.
Libertas aut mortis!

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 6366
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:30 pm
Location: Sarasota

Re: So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

Post by g.willikers » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:37 am

Has there even been a law that couldn't be legally avoided due to the ignorance of the politicians who created it?
And, of course, there's always the criminals who care nothing for laws in the first place.
Most likely we will get restrictions on magazine capacity and universal back ground checks, even though they have been proven to be something like 98% useless, causing a needless drain on law enforcement.
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

User avatar
Swamp Water
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 225
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:59 am
Location: Tavares, Fl

Re: So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

Post by Swamp Water » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:11 pm

Cloaked Dagger wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:22 am
Swamp Water wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:04 am
This is really disturbing. As a parent who grew up in Florida with a daughter it just pisses me off to know that they disarmed my daughter until the age of 21. They make me sick! We need to band together like never before and vote all of these turds 💩 out of office.
I believe you can still gift a gun to your daughter.
She’s 9 and already has her own AR with uppers in 300 B/O and 5.56. If they pass universal background checks then what? Do I have to go to an FFL to give it to her. This shits ridiculous.

User avatar
MikeFL86
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 863
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:52 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

Post by MikeFL86 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi-cap magazine ban.
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it. — JUSTICE LEARNED HAND

User avatar
MikeFL86
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 863
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:52 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

Post by MikeFL86 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:42 pm

jjk308 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:32 am
Zero. This one barely got through.
If this one "barely" got through with GOP controlling all FL governorship, house, and senate then what do you think will happen when Dems have more power? lol
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it. — JUSTICE LEARNED HAND

User avatar
firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4709
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Tampa Bay Area

Re: So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

Post by firemedic2000 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:45 pm

Kicking out all political leaders and starting over. Is my move and feelings
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

User avatar
fish
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 1072
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:11 pm
Location: West Orange

Re: So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

Post by fish » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:06 pm

“As California does now, the rest of the country follows later”

The Hippies and Moon Units believe people don’t need any way to protect themselves, because that is the government’s job.
“The State meets all our needs” is the mantra.

And denial is a big river in Egypt……….
Vladimir Lenin: "The goal of socialism is communism."

Collins Collectors Association member
NRA member
USA Shooting member

35 years of Unix & Linux
¡Basta de realidades, queremos promesas!

User avatar
tector
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 14700
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 am
Location: Broward

Re: So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

Post by tector » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:58 pm

MikeFL86 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:42 pm
jjk308 wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:32 am
Zero. This one barely got through.
If this one "barely" got through with GOP controlling all FL governorship, house, and senate then what do you think will happen when Dems have more power? lol
Grandpa is a delusional fool about demographics, the GOP and the NRA.

As they are learning, hard, in Europe, the old saying is true: demographics are destiny.

Well within my lifetime (I was of voting age), California gave us a very conservative governor, Reagan, who became President. Can anyone ever imagine that happening again?

Why not?

Those who do not remember the past, etc.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

User avatar
MikeFL86
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 863
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:52 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

Post by MikeFL86 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:11 pm

Another thing I'd like to address is the idea that pro-gun control shitlibs are just ignorant and need to be educated about guns. I see this a lot all over the internet with people posting comparisons between the Mini-14 and AR and saying shitlibs want to keep one and ban the other and are idiots because they don't know one was legal under the last AWB. Wrong. They want to ban them all.

They hate guns because you own them and they want to ban them to humiliate and dominate you. They want to ban them all bit by bit.
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it. — JUSTICE LEARNED HAND

User avatar
firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4709
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Tampa Bay Area

Re: So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

Post by firemedic2000 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:31 am

Did this new law take effect immediately or is there like a grace period for people to move their PROPERTY OUT OF STATE or does this law apply only to transactions within the state of Florida as far as the selling, giving, tranfering ect..ect...

The way I read it.
It's illegal to even possess bump stocks or anything that can mechanically increase the rate of fire. Even your fingers are ILLEGAL because they can mechanically increase the rate of fire.

I cannot wait till someone bump fires a weapon using nothing but their finger. I want to see a cop arrest and charge him for that.
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

User avatar
FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 888
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:55 pm
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Contact:

Re: So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:34 am

firemedic2000 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:31 am
Did this new law take effect immediately or is there like a grace period for people to move their PROPERTY OUT OF STATE or does this law apply only to transactions within the state of Florida as far as the selling, giving, tranfering ect..ect...

The way I read it.
It's illegal to even possess bump stocks or anything that can mechanically increase the rate of fire. Even your fingers are ILLEGAL because they can mechanically increase the rate of fire.

I cannot wait till someone bump fires a weapon using nothing but their finger. I want to see a cop arrest and charge him for that.
My read on it is that if you still possess the affected devices on or after 10/01/2018, you become a felon. The other parts of the law take effect immediately. I guess we'll see if the implementation gets stayed by any court challenges.

But read for yourself, and don't take my word for it!

User avatar
Taco
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2733
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: Minneola, Fl

Re: So what will be the next laws passed after the next FL mass shooting?

Post by Taco » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:58 am

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:34 am
firemedic2000 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:31 am
Did this new law take effect immediately or is there like a grace period for people to move their PROPERTY OUT OF STATE or does this law apply only to transactions within the state of Florida as far as the selling, giving, tranfering ect..ect...

The way I read it.
It's illegal to even possess bump stocks or anything that can mechanically increase the rate of fire. Even your fingers are ILLEGAL because they can mechanically increase the rate of fire.

I cannot wait till someone bump fires a weapon using nothing but their finger. I want to see a cop arrest and charge him for that.
My read on it is that if you still possess the affected devices on or after 10/01/2018, you become a felon. The other parts of the law take effect immediately. I guess we'll see if the implementation gets stayed by any court challenges.

But read for yourself, and don't take my word for it!
The problem is I haven't a clue as to how to be compliant.
Col. Hans Landa: I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, but rumors, true or false, are often revealing.

Post Reply