Wtf is wrong with people , or duche bag gunsmith

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Sweep

Wtf is wrong with people , or duche bag gunsmith

Post by Sweep » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:55 pm

So being a nice guy we let a local gun smith use the bullett trap in our shop we did not give or sell it to the db . Today when we went to ask for it back he threw us out of his shop :-k now theres two problems here ...this was totaly off the wall for this person first, second the owner of the trap is a attorney who has a bill of sale for the trap and agreed to us letting them use it till we needed it back. We have witnesses to the fact it was a loan only. Not to mention this shop has lost or sold one of my biz partners antique fire arms parts once again he has a recipt for turning it in to this shop , and they drilled thru another customers barrel when mounting a scope and i went to bat for them. In the past we have gone out of our way to help this person ...... so seriously WTF is wrong with pepole today .

Cross posted to ar15.com m4carbine.com sturm ect ect ect
Democrat's still for Trump ..
Full service FFL/SOT manufacture
Pale Rider Co Inc FFL07/SOT
http://www.blingblingbangbangs.com
727-776-4274

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Wtf is wrong with people , or duche bag gunsmith

Post by dieselbeef » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:20 pm

how do I stay away from the a;;h;;e if ya don't tell us who it is,,,
im the other gary...

"The right and the decision to carry a weapon for your own defense is a horrible blessing".

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:45 pm

Im gonna give him a chance to sqare up before i give the name ... There in the same location as our last shop if its not resolved i will post up a copy of the court summons but as i said the leagle owner is a atty and you probly seen one of his billboards he may be thinking of running for local judge again. So im being cautious about jeprodizing the claim. Im more upset that the guy was so two faced , after talking to others i find he has down mouth us in the past so my belife he dose this often and belives himself justified =:wvr
727-776-4274

Armybikos
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Armybikos » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:30 pm

The same gunsmith hack-smith cut the threads for my suppressor mount non-concentric to the bore. Had I not checked it with a concentricity gauge I would have had baffle strike. After finding that, I checked everything on the rifle. He also broke off a scope rail screw in the receiver. He partially drilled it out and put a screw he cut down in the threads. He never mentioned this to me when I picked up the rifle and denied doing it.

I went to a real gunsmith (Bruce Dow) and he re-cut and threaded my barrel. Drilled out the broken scope rail screw and tapped my receiver for larger 8-40 screws. He also cerakoted it and the rifle looked and shot like new.

I beseech you to learn from my mistake. Go to a proven gunsmith even if it takes longer, costs more, and is farther away.

Allme
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Allme » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:22 pm

If you are referring to the "gunsmith" on Ulmerton Rd between Starkey and Belcher I had a bad run in with "Bob". He did some work on a FAL for me, shortened the barrel and welded a longer flash hider on to make up for the length. I told him specifically to open the gas port up otherwise it wouldn't cycle, he said would but he didn't. After taking to a real gunsmith it was within factory specs, clearly showed he lied. He pitched a fit when I brought it back and said "we don't work for free", DB should have done the work right in the first place. I will never be back, complete a--holes.

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g.willikers » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:26 am

In the voice of Goofy, the Disney cartoon character, "I didn't even know how to spell gunsmith and now I are one. Yuk yuk."
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:06 pm

If it is the person I think it is. I use to drop by a couple years ago to intern and learn some gunsmithing for several months. He seemed like a nice guy but I saw several business practices that I didn’t like and eventually left. After I left, I recommended him to a friend and he completely botched their FAL barrel crown and could have destroyed their gun. After that, never spoke to him again as it I feel it ruined my word

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:40 pm

So inquiring minds want to know who is this guy so we know to stay away from them?
Libertas aut mortis!

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:14 pm

Not shure what his episode was but he returned the trap today :-k :-k so issue closed
727-776-4274