FL senators voting on gun control/bans today!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
n0rlf

Re: FL senators voting on gun control/bans today!

Post by n0rlf » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:17 pm

I sure hope every gun owner in Florida is ringing the governor's office. Because you know the antis are.
Remember:
2 truths in life
It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission!
Always drink upstream from the herd!

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:42 pm

n0rlf wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:17 pm
I sure hope every gun owner in Florida is ringing the governor's office. Because you know the antis are.
I sent him an email, will call his office tomorrow.
Libertas aut mortis!

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:07 am

How do we get a list of who voted for this.

People are not going to just throw expensive triggers in the garbage because a bunch of corrupt pos politician say so. These fools as usual will turn innocient AMERICANS in to criminal.

None of the admendments can be regulated legally or touched by the government. Without a vote by both houses and then the people. These corrupted POLITICAL LEADERS think they can just make any laws to violate our rights and say we aren't touching your rights or limiting your rights.

Like that NAZI bitch Hillary said.

I think that for most of our history there was a nuanced reading of the Second Amendment, until the decision by the late Justice [Antonin] Scalia. And there was no argument until then that localities, and states, and the federal government had a right–as we do with every amendment–to impose reasonable regulations.

CLINTON: If it is a constitutional right, then it, like every other constitutional right, is subject to reasonable regulation.

Clinton believes the Supreme Court’s decision in D.C. v. Heller, concluding that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms, was wrongly decided.

The only way that the government can get away with doing these things is because we as a people Let them break the laws. We have become so a custom to the government doing these things we let them and the government thinks that they can do what ever they want because who's going to stop them. Also who decides on who give the government and judges he rights to violate the CONSTITUTION and BILL of RIGHTS. The very same judges that violate the laws in the first place.

They will not give up power once they get it. It's like a temporary tax they want it's for x amt of time. But some how that tax never seems to go away. The local governments get use to having it and then they violate some law and pass a law to keep it. What happened to the voters who voted to just keep for x amt. Of time. As usual there vote does not matter in the long run.

This must stop. The government is over stepping it's power, it's authority. I can almost feel the hammer dropping. WHT is wrong with these political leaders to think they can just ignore the people that voted for them. Are they on the band wagon now for a power grab.

Emails and talking will not work. These corrupted garbage don't care what you think or have to say. Why all of a sudden are even Republican's turning on gun owners. Is it because Trump said to do it and he'd handle the NRA he'd take the heat. Sure he will he's going to, going to get their but unelected
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

Bobberfishin

Post by Bobberfishin » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:39 am

Here's the list of our politicians voting on FL Gun Bill (from Bay News 9 website)
It didn't post as it looked on their page so here's the article html

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/ba ... xpect.html

FLORIDA HOUSE VOTES
Name
Party
Counties
Vote
Rep. Larry Ahern
R
Pinellas
Yes
Rep. Ben Albritton
R
Polk
Yes
Rep. Thad Altman
R
Brevard
Yes
Rep. Bruce Antone
D
Orange
No
Rep. Jim Boyd
R
Manatee, Sarasota
Yes
Rep. Jason Brodeur
R
Seminole
Yes
Rep. Kamia Brown
D
Orange
No
Rep. Daniel Wright Burgess Jr.
R
Pasco
Yes
Rep. Colleen Burton
R
Polk
Yes
Rep. Richard Corcoran
R
Pasco
Yes
Rep. Bob Cortes
R
Orange, Seminole
Yes
Rep. John Cortes
D
Osceola
No
Rep. Janet Cruz
D
Hillsborough
No
Rep. Ben Diamond
D
Pinellas
No
Rep. Randy Fine
R
Brevard
Yes
Rep. Tom Goodson
R
Brevard
Yes
Rep. Jame Grant
R
Hillsborough, Pinellas
No
Rep. Joe Gruters
R
Manatee
Yes
Rep. Shawn Harrison
R
Hillsborough
Yes
Rep. Patrick Henry
D
Volusia
No
Rep. Blaise Ingoglia
R
Hernando
No
Rep. Sam Killebrew
R
Polk
Yes
Rep. Mike La Rosa
D
Osceola, Polk
Yes
Rep. Chris Latvala
R
Pinellas
Yes
Rep. Thomas Leek
R
Volusia
Yes
Rep. Amber Mariano
R
Pasco
Yes
Rep. Ralph Massullo
R
Citrus, Hernando
Yes
Rep. Stan McClain
R
Marion
No
Rep. Lawrence McClure
R
Hillsborough
Yes
Rep. Amy Mercado
D
Orange
Yes
Rep. Larry Metz
R
Lake
Yes
Rep. Mike Miller
R
Orange
No
Rep. Wengay Newton
D
Hillsborough, Manatee, Pinellas, Sarasota
No
Rep. Robert Olszewski
R
Orange
Yes
Rep. Kathleen Peters
R
Pinellas
Yes
Rep. Scott Plakon
R
Seminole
Yes
Rep. Rene Plasencia
R
Brevard, Orange
Yes
Rep. Jake Raburn
R
Hillsborough
Yes
Rep. Paul Renner
R
Flagler, Volusia
Yes
Rep. David Santiago
R
Volusia
Yes
Rep. Sean Shaw
D
Hillsborough
No
Rep. Carlos Guillermo Smith
D
Orange
No
Rep. Ross Spano
R
Hillsborough
No
Rep. Chris Sprowls
R
Pinellas
Yes
Rep. Charlie Stone
R
Marion
No
Rep. Jennifer Sullivan
R
Lake, Orange
Yes
Rep. Jackie Toledo
D
Hillsborough
Yes
Rep. Clovis Watson
D
Marion
No
FLORIDA SENATE VOTES
Name
Party
Counties
Vote
Sen. Dennis Baxley
R
Lake, Marion, Sumter
No
Sen. Randolph Bracy
D
Orange
No
Sen. Rob Bradley
R
Marion
Yes
Sen. Jeff Brandes
R
Pinellas
Yes
Sen. Bill Galvano
R
Manatee, Pinellas
Yes
Sen. Denise Grimsely
R
Polk
No
Sen. Dorothy Hukill
R
Brevard, Volusia
No
Sen. Travis Hutson
R
Flagler, Volusia
Yes
Sen. Tom Lee
R
Hillsborough, Pasco, Polk
No
Sen. Debbie Mayfield
R
Brevard
Yes
Sen. Keith Perry
R
Marion
Yes
Sen. Darryl Rouson
D
Hillsborough, Pinellas
No
Sen. David Simmons
R
Seminole, Volusia
Yes
Sen. Wilton Simpson
R
Citrus, Hernando, Pasco
Yes
Sen. Kelli Stargel
R
Lake, Polk
Yes
Sen. Linda Stewart
D
Orange
No
Sen. Victor Torres
D
Orange, Osceola
No
Sen. Dana Young
R
Hillsborough
Yes
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." - Groucho Marx

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:42 am

tector wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:22 pm
FfNJGTFO wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:04 pm
Any chance Gov. Scott would use a "line item" veto?
That is only for budget items.
So I have learned. Well, there are two things in the bill that Gov. Scott doesn't like. (allowing teachers to carry and raising the age to 21). One has to hope that it would be enough for him to veto the entire bill, but that's a huge hope.

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:39 am

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:42 am
tector wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:22 pm
FfNJGTFO wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:04 pm
Any chance Gov. Scott would use a "line item" veto?
That is only for budget items.
So I have learned. Well, there are two things in the bill that Gov. Scott doesn't like. (allowing teachers to carry and raising the age to 21). One has to hope that it would be enough for him to veto the entire bill, but that's a huge hope.
I sent an email last night asking him to veto, I also called the office this morning and waiting on hold to talk to a person rather than just simply leave voice mail to tell him the same thing. We all need to do the same!

We should also try to get antis to work for us and do the same by telling them to ask him to veto it to “not allow guns in schools”
Libertas aut mortis!

photohause
Life Member
Life Member

Post by photohause » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:49 am

"Why all of a sudden are even Republican's turning on gun owners."

Very easy to answer, they don't want to appear to be spineless by not taking any action.
What new gun my dear, this old thing?

n0rlf

Post by n0rlf » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:30 pm

photohause wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:49 am

Very easy to answer, they don't want to appear to be spineless by not taking any action.
The real problem and major issue is none of them really care. It is all political bullshit. They are doing and saying what they think will either get them elected or reelected. If they really cared they would be working on the root causes not the media grandstand BS. If the sheep ever figure that out they are all in trouble. And I think the sheep have their noses up sniffing the bullshit.
Remember:
2 truths in life
It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission!
Always drink upstream from the herd!

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:55 pm

n0rlf wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:30 pm
photohause wrote:

The real problem and major issue is none of them really care. It is all political bullshit. They are doing and saying what they think will either get them elected or reelected. If they really cared they would be working on the root causes not the media grandstand BS. If the sheep ever figure that out they are all in trouble. And I think the sheep have their noses up sniffing the bullshit.
It's a sign that the Firearm industry isn't bribing them enough.

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:44 pm

I predict there will be some new Republicans running for office this next election here in Florida against the ones thst voted for this. This was one of the worst political moves they could have done. Just my thoughts. If Scott signs this he can forget about running for Congress or Senate here in Florida as a Republican anyways.
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:55 pm

photohause wrote:

Because Trump told them he could handle the NRA and that he'd take the heat.

The damn fools. They forget the NRA is the people right here on these computers. The people out on the streets. That the NRA is the American voters. Not those over paid fools on the magazine covers.

Trump acts and talks like he could get the devil appointed to the position of POPE. Trump can can't do squat. He can't get anyone elected. He's forgotten that it was CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICANS and yes even the NRA VOTERS that got him put into the Oval Office.

Trump told the REPUBLICANS not to worry about the NRA not to be afraid of what the NRA could do. Trump for got who helped put him where he is. The Republicans are buying into his crap. Trump is about to get alot of these republicans replaced and Trump is going to be a one term President. Because I will not vote for him again if he does not shape up real quick and stop turning on his base.

Trump said he's not be holding to anyone. He moist certainly is. Trump owes his voters, the ones that put him in office to stick to his oath of office. To be conservative. To uphold the CONSTITUTION and BILL of RIGHTS. Not turn against them.

Trump is starting to betray his oath and those that voted for him. Trump owes the voters.

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:17 am

photohause wrote:

Now they prove to be spineless by folding to an astroturf antigun zealot like Shannon Watts.
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!