MSNBC poll about arming teachers.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Swamp Water

MSNBC poll about arming teachers.

Post by Swamp Water » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:57 am

Guys and Gals if you support armed staff in schools then hit this poll. Thanks
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/poll-do-you- ... ed-weapons

bmup
Life Member
Life Member

Re: MSNBC poll about arming teachers.

Post by bmup » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:52 am

It's up to 48% "For" as of 10:52 this AM.
Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.
-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:59 am

bmup wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:52 am
It was 50 % when I voted on it 1/2hr ago. Looks like the antis are waking up... =:wvr

bmup
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bmup » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:02 am

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:59 am
bmup wrote:
It was 50 % when I voted on it 1/2hr ago. Looks like the antis are waking up... =:wvr
Yeah, but I don't think they smell the coffee... [smilie=011.gif]
Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:07 am

bmup wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:02 am
FfNJGTFO wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:59 am
bmup wrote:
Yeah, but I don't think they smell the coffee... [smilie=011.gif]
Then again, I would expect a MSNBC poll to reflect their primary constituency... which would be the antis. Pro- 2A folks will, simply, ignore the entire website, altogether. Most won't even see the poll, let alone vote in it. It''s why, even though distasteful at times, we have to look at sites like MSNBC and participate in these polls.... just to show them, "Hey... we're out here and we ain't goin' away...." Burns their a$$es, but I like doing that! [smilie=011.gif]

46% at 172K votes, at present....

Flame Red
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Flame Red » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:28 pm

You expect the Libiturd [smilie=042.gif] at MSNBC to run an honest poll? The libiturds have bots setup to skew the results, just like they skew the elections.

They cannot site a poll they sponsored with anything but brain deal Libitard results or their audience would [smilie=012.gif]
Last edited by Flame Red on Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dirty Harry doesn't play any favorites! Harry hates everybody!

Crashpanic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Crashpanic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:25 pm

Swamp Water

Post by Swamp Water » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:40 am

C’mon guys hit it we’re winning!

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:55 pm

MSNBC???? [smilie=014.gif]
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

jwillgym
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by jwillgym » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:55 pm

Only 19% are for it now...
IYAOYAS

kmagnuss
Life Member
Life Member

Post by kmagnuss » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:08 pm

17%
Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
2017 Tarpon Count: 109/431
Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters

bmup
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bmup » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:42 pm

I can't believe these people think they are so overburdened with God-Given Rights, Freedoms, Restrictions on governmental intervention into private lives (We-The-People) that they want to just give it all up for some sort of fantasy world safety they think only "The Government" can provide!
That's not how this works... that's not how any of this works! YOU are the First Responder to any jam you end up in. If you don't know that, you've never been in a playground fight as a kid or mugged as an adult... or anywhere in between.

/rant

Lilwoody
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Lilwoody » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:44 pm

after seeing the performance of the BSO and their stellar bravery the people who do not support willing teachers to effectively protect their children are seriously brain washed. They would lay their children out on the alter of progressivism rather than keep them safe.

Water Rat
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Water Rat » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:04 am

Lilwoody wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:44 pm
after seeing the performance of the BSO and their stellar bravery the people who do not support willing teachers to effectively protect their children are seriously brain washed. They would lay their children out on the alter of progressivism rather than keep them safe.
Until the parameters of training for teachers is revealed, I'll withhold support for teachers acting as guardians for kids, for themselves, no issue.

A teacher with a gun in no way guarantees the safety of a child, especially one who has only passed the less than basic FL cwp qualification.

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:51 am

Water Rat wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:04 am
Until the parameters of training for teachers is revealed, I'll withhold support for teachers acting as guardians for kids, for themselves, no issue.

A teacher with a gun in no way guarantees the safety of a child, especially one who has only passed the less than basic FL cwp qualification.
Teacher's are there to teach. Guards are there to guard. I don't like the idea of arming teachers. Period. If its their choice, and they're trained and a system is put in place I'm all for them using their right and commend them for their genuine concern for their kids safety. But training unwilling teachers is a recipe for disaster.

Look at the cesspool of murder we call Chicago. Look at any "big" city school district. They have simple metal detectors, a main entry point, just the most basic framework of security and seems to keep the outside violence..outside.

I'm not an expert, but Parkland "campus" looks like it would be a security nightmare. How many guards would it take to effective keep that place secure? How many separate buildings? How many acres to cover? Don't know the details but I hear there was (one) armed guard at the school?

And not be all conspiracy nut like, but this kid committed this act....left....went to walmart....went to mcdonalds for lunch...and thats where they got him? So Police didn't go in while there was shooting, they marched everybody out and "secured the area", but he wasn't even on the property anymore? And the school keeps security cameras on a 26 minute delay? Why the f/;k would anybody do that?

Taco
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Taco » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:57 am

NorincoKid wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:51 am
Water Rat wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:04 am

Teacher's are there to teach. Guards are there to guard. I don't like the idea of arming teachers. Period.
Allowing (not mandating) teachers to carry to their classroom isn't a new idea. It currently legal for teachers to carry in 18 states. Arizona for 25 years, Utah for 10, Ohio for 5. The reason people think it's new is they haven't heard of it before. The reason for that is because it's never been a problem.

All 50 states have some form of concealed carry. People who go through the steps to become licensed are one-tenth as likely to commit a crime than the rest of the population and one half as likely as a police officer. Again, it's not an issue.

We are not asking teachers to become the police, but we are asking those who are around, capable, and trained, to be their own first responders until professional help arrives. Use a fire extinguisher on a fire. Perform CPR on a child. Protect your children from a spree killer.

There is no reason to allow a teacher to carry a gun to the grocery store, to a restaurant, to the bank, to the gym, to a concert, to a parade, but not to their classroom.

It's the same method we use to combat fires. Fire used to be a major threat to the lives of not only students but anybody who lives in cities.
Step 1: Create buildings out if fire retardant material.
Step 2: Install sprinkler systems to suppress fires until professional firemen can arrive.
Step 3: Provide fire extinguishers and training to teachers so they can act as necessary and appropriate.
Step 4: Hold routine drills surrounding evacuation and safety.

Step 1: Design schools to limit and prevent unauthorized access.
Step 2: Provide armed dedicated police to eliminate the threat and produce intel for other responding officers.
Step 3: Allow teachers who are properly trained to carry firearms to be used when required.
Step 4: Hold routine drills to teach students and teachers basic survival skills and tactics.

No child has died from a fire in a school in 50 years.
Col. Hans Landa: I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, but rumors, true or false, are often revealing.

Lilwoody
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Lilwoody » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:49 pm

My wife was the health director for a school of 450 children when the Newtown shooting happened. She already had her CWP but didn't carry into the school. She would have willing carried but DCSB would not let anyone carry. She has all the proper carry options covered for her TomCat and I'll wager she is better trained than many on here. How many of you on here trained and served on a Lance missile crew. She was made proficient in every small weapon that the crew used to protect the missiles for their deployments in the forests of West Germany. So she was trusted enough at 18 to be on missions and protect a3 short range nuclear missiles but would need more training to protect the children in her care.

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:05 am

NorincoKid wrote:
But training unwilling teachers is a recipe for disaster.

I'm not an expert, but Parkland "campus" looks like it would be a security nightmare. How many guards would it take to effective keep that place secure? How many separate buildings? How many acres to cover?
Will never happen. The individual teacher would have to be agreeable.

Funnelling 3k students in/out of security checkpoints with metal detectors is going to be a boondoggle. They would have to have many, many entrances in order to keep the school day under 12 hrs. How many entrances/guards for a rock concert? A hundred or more.

Then what happens when the kids come mobbing out of the school at the end of the day? Sitting ducks.
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:38 am

870Mike wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:05 am
NorincoKid wrote:
But training unwilling teachers is a recipe for disaster.

I'm not an expert, but Parkland "campus" looks like it would be a security nightmare. How many guards would it take to effective keep that place secure? How many separate buildings? How many acres to cover?
Will never happen. The individual teacher would have to be agreeable.

Funnelling 3k students in/out of security checkpoints with metal detectors is going to be a boondoggle. They would have to have many, many entrances in order to keep the school day under 12 hrs. How many entrances/guards for a rock concert? A hundred or more.

Then what happens when the kids come mobbing out of the school at the end of the day? Sitting ducks.
Right. From a purely tactical standpoint, the line to get to buses or soccer mom vans is the chokepoint.

I do have some misgivings about arming teachers.. Sure, there will be training. They can have all the glorified classroom sessions, even running courses, they want. As with any target shooter who can make the x ring a cloverleaf, unless you've ''seen the elephant'' those groups open up when the targets shoot back. Not to dampen the enthusiasm of the well intentioned, that's just he way it is.
NRA Endowment Member
PhD from University of Hard Knocks

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:55 pm

A question; would advertising that there are armed people ready to respond be a deterrent?
/:f
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!