Breaking News: Trump directing atf to ban bump fire stocks

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Flame Red
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Breaking News: Trump directing atf to ban bump fire stocks

Post by Flame Red » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:39 pm

I just wanted to point out that the last "conservative" president, Reagan, hit us with his infamous executive order stopping new Class 3 from being registered. This things would not be palatable from any Libiturd, but a Repubic can push them through. Maybe. [smilie=014.gif]
Dirty Harry doesn't play any favorites! Harry hates everybody!

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:08 pm

Jonathanw wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:38 pm

What are we taking? It’s lose lose at the moment. SHARE ACT is dead and NR isn’t likely happening any time soon :ham'r
I think you should consider yourself lucky that those items have snuck by so far and at least you got to play with them, keeping them should be considered a blessing......
smart people never wasted their money on an item meant to circumvent the law [-(
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:41 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:08 pm
Jonathanw wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:38 pm

What are we taking? It’s lose lose at the moment. SHARE ACT is dead and NR isn’t likely happening any time soon :ham'r
I think you should consider yourself lucky that those items have snuck by so far and at least you got to play with them, keeping them should be considered a blessing......
smart people never wasted their money on an item meant to circumvent the law [-(
Same could be said about regular rifles, keeping them should be considered a “blessing “ and it’s okay to get rid of those scary rifles =:wvr so long as we can keep our shotguns and bolt action rifles #-o

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:49 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:08 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if someday "braces" are on the chopping block. The ATF giveth, and the ATF taketh away.

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:02 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:33 pm
I'm willing to bend on

1. bump stocks
2. binary triggers
3. Arm brace

not necessarily in that order, but there are 3 sacrificial lambs that not many seem to care about ....life is about give and take
The democrats are willing to bend on
1.)Nothing
2.)Nothing
3.)Nothing

See where I'm going with this?
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave M » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:08 pm

molivo wrote:
N4KVE wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:26 am
First of all, bump stocks are a USELESS NOVELTY. Who really needs them? If you want a rapid firing weapon, do it properly, & get a stamp. Life is all about compromises. We can not expect to say NO to every gun bill, & expect to win EVERY time. We have to expect to give in some times. So maybe, we give up bump stocks, & get to keep AR's. What he signed allows the ATF to look into bump stocks, knowing as long as we have the Senate, & the House, nothing will happen. Sometimes we need to give up something useless for the greater good. Would you prefer Hillary had won? GARY
Usually in a compromise both sides get something they want. We don't. We get fucked every single time. Your logic is so backwoods is frightening. It's like having two dollar bills, they take one from you, and your happy the left you with one to keep... =:wvr
I'm with molivo on this on, compromise is not a one way street here.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:12 pm

More quotes from today

Trump promised to be "very strong on background checks," adding that "we're going to do plenty of other things."

I wonder if AWB is one of those

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:00 pm

Jonathanw wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:12 pm

He won't go there. It'd end him politically.

Allme
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Allme » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:16 pm

Bump stocks are lame as are arm braces IMHO, I am more concerned with binary stocks. My issue is that just because one jackass acted a fool in Vegas (still hasn't been proven entirely to me) the rest of the county has to bear a ban on anything, seems like high school antics to me.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:21 pm

molivo wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:00 pm
Jonathanw wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:12 pm

He won't go there. It'd end him politically.
Yep it would kill his re-election plans. No chance of it coming from trump
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:51 pm

Dave M wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:08 pm
molivo wrote:
N4KVE wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:26 am
First of all, bump stocks are a USELESS NOVELTY. Who really needs them? If you want a rapid firing weapon, do it properly, & get a stamp. Life is all about compromises. We can not expect to say NO to every gun bill, & expect to win EVERY time. We have to expect to give in some times. So maybe, we give up bump stocks, & get to keep AR's. What he signed allows the ATF to look into bump stocks, knowing as long as we have the Senate, & the House, nothing will happen. Sometimes we need to give up something useless for the greater good. Would you prefer Hillary had won? GARY
Usually in a compromise both sides get something they want. We don't. We get fucked every single time. Your logic is so backwoods is frightening. It's like having two dollar bills, they take one from you, and your happy they left you with one to keep... =:wvr
I'm with molivo on this on, compromise is not a one way street here.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
+1000 with molivo also. These items though novelty items. Are just that and do not circumvent anything. Again rent you own machineguns that cost thousands of dollars. Tell me what's the definition of machinegun. Is it one pull they fire nonstop.

These bumptocks, binary triggers ect....one pull one shot. How's that circumventing anything if it stays within the written laws. None of these items really break or circumvent any gun law.

If the Democrats and liberal elites can manipulate us into stop using these items just because they do not like them do you honestly believe they'd stop just there. Of coarse not. They honestly don't care about these. They'd just want something, anything to be a thorn in gun owners sides. Next are MAGS.

They say and repeat at every turn rent. Yeah even though you have registered machineguns. You still do not need any MAGAZINES that hold more than 10 rds. You can shoot your registered machinegun all you want......just use 10 rd magazines. Because the Democrats and leftist elite in their expert opinion say that's all you need.

Hows that for compromise and skirting loop holes. We can not compromise anything. Because as far as the Democrats and leftist elites are concerned. They want it all.

To be honest they even want your registered machineguns also because even though they are registered. You have ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR ASSAULT WEAPONS. They serve no purpose other than killing and you do not need them.

Actually the Democrats and leftist elite believe no one in America has any justifiable reason to own any kind of firearm. So then they say loopholes I can understand it coming from them. But to hear progun FFL dealers say compromise or we need to close loopholes of bump stocks and binary triggers it blows my mind.

I think the world of you. I'm just surprised by your willingness to condemn these items as being loop holes and braces the same. To compromise and cave. I've seen you actually selling these items. It'd be different if you applied your principles and refused to sell these items upfront. Because of your belief that they were meant to circumvent the law and you did not agree with them.

Instead you openly condeme those that bought them as what being ignorant. I thought you believed in free market and all being a gun dealer ffl. Again I'm just surprised is all a merchant that sells these items would say this about their customers. I remember a lower with a binary trigger in it when I was at your shop.
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

Swamp Water

Post by Swamp Water » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:17 pm

Guys you are focusing on bumpstocks, but the wordage Trump used was rate of fire increasing accessories. Who’s gonna decide that? What is a rate of fire increasing accessorie? Magazines, triggers, recoil reducing muzzle devices? All of these can increase the rate of fire. This scares the hell out of me. Trump has said in the past assault weapons should be illegal. The NRA set the stage for it after Las Vegas. Smdh

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:23 pm

I've seen You Tube videos of kids bumpfiring guns by hooking their thumb into their belt loop on their jeans. What will they ban here. Belt loops, thumbs, what? GARY.

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:27 pm

N4KVE wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:23 pm
I've seen You Tube videos of kids bumpfiring guns by hooking their thumb into their belt loop on their jeans. What will they ban here. Belt loops, thumbs, what? GARY.
All of it...report to your local federal surgical center for appendage removal. And plan on going home pantless.

Bill2e
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bill2e » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:25 am

Allme wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:13 pm
Jonathanw wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:02 pm
Traitor
+1 to Traitor.

Another Reagan with the Huges amendment and 86' NFA... Way to go! (eye roll).

"Just a few moments ago I signed a memo directing the attorney general to propose regulations that ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns," ~ Didn't ol' Ronnie do that in 86'?

Regan was going to veto the bill, but was told sign and they would fix.......obviously it never was fixed

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:03 am

We might as well accept that the fault of this was the incompetence and basic stupidity of the ATF and of the Congress in 1934. The idiots there defined Full Auto as multiple firing with one pull of the trigger, not giving a thought to what happens when the firearm recoil is really doing the trigger pulling. That's in spite of every recoil operated machine gun from the Maxim on doing exactly that.

I'm not sure of how the ATF is going to get around that legal definition, but you have to accept that the Bump Stock is just a way of getting around the NFA and the ATF definition at the expense of accuracy.

National Firearms Act Definitions
Machinegun

26 U.S.C. § 5845(b)

For the purposes of the National Firearms Act the term Machinegun means:

Any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger

The frame or receiver of any such weapon

Any part designed and intended solely and exclusively or combination of parts designed and intended for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, or

Any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

TampaShooters
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TampaShooters » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:56 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
I'm willing to bend on

1. bump stocks
2. binary triggers
3. Arm brace

not necessarily in that order, but there are 3 sacrificial lambs that not many seem to care about ....life is about give and take
Sacrifice a pawn to save the King.
Member: NRA Lifetime & GSSF
Glock Armorer
U.S. Navy Veteran (Gator Navy)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:03 pm

molivo wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:27 pm
N4KVE wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:23 pm
All of it...report to your local federal surgical center for appendage removal. And plan on going home pantless.
Weren't shoestrings a felony for awhile?

Allme
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Allme » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:47 pm

TampaShooters wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:56 pm
Rentprop1 wrote:
I'm willing to bend on

1. bump stocks
2. binary triggers
3. Arm brace

Sacrifice a pawn to save the King.
That is the same thinking as way back in 86' and 68' and in 34', crappy IMHO.

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:01 pm

it's give and take. We give and they take.
NRA Endowment Member
PhD from University of Hard Knocks