Gun in glove compartment

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
wjbarricklow
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Gun in glove compartment

Post by wjbarricklow » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:10 am

Markar, page 85 of Florida Firearms Law by Jon H. Guymacher, Esq.:
QUESTION: Can the handgun be loaded if I do this?
ANSWER: Absolutely. It won’t do you any good otherwise.
QUESTION: I heard it must be in a holster if I have it in the glove compartment, in the glove compartment must be locked?
ANSWER: Nope. All you need is to have the glove compartment closed.
He devotes about 10 pages to that statute- he’s reading it differently than you and supporting it with case law.
...and they think I'm compensating for something?

dammitgriff

Gun in glove compartment

Post by dammitgriff » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:11 pm

#1Glock30 wrote:
#1Glock30 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:18 pm
dammitgriff wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:51 am
As was already stated, it must be either locked up inside the vehicle or separated from ammunition (gun inside, ammo/magazines locked up in trunk or separate case inside cab of vehicle)...
R/Griff
=:wvr This is erroneous information. It may be that way in other states but not FL. The gun does not have to be locked in a compartment with ammo seperated. In an unlocked compartment with a snapped holster, loaded and one in the chamber you are good to go. But, I back getting a concealed permit to save time and trouble.
flcracker wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:14 pm
dammitgriff wrote:
You’re not allowed to have a loaded handgun within easy reach for immediate use unless you have your CC license.
As was already stated, it must be either locked up inside the vehicle or separated from ammunition (gun inside, ammo/magazines locked up in trunk or separate case inside cab of vehicle)...
sigh.... yet another person who can't/won't read the law for themselves, yet insists on repeating false/misleading/confusing information for others to sort through. #-o

It is perfectly legal for someone without a CC license to keep a loaded handgun in their car. Just follow the law.

Loaded, holstered, and in a glove box or console, is perfectly legal.
870Mike wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:51 am
dammitgriff wrote:
You’re not allowed to have a loaded handgun within easy reach for immediate use unless you have your CC license.
False.
Dammit Grif Gits it! :ham'r
This is NOT the place to put up bad info! [smilie=021.gif]
I got mixed up once and said something about a The Twix factories in a thread about Kit Kats. They crucified me and nearly cut off my balls! [smilie=011.gif]
I got it, I got it!
Speaking of misinformation...
I would like to point out the fact that the state has no business telling anyone how they may or may not defend their lives and property. We just let them make these damn laws that roll over our natural, God-given right to self defense, and it pisses me off to no end how the law is so convoluted as to ensnare a law-abiding citizen in its web.
Unacceptable! We need to starve a bunch of lawyers, and damn politicians and bureaucrats...and put them out of our misery once and for all.
R/Griff

#1Glock30
Life Member
Life Member

Post by #1Glock30 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:18 pm

Right on Griff! :ber
SHTF Ready

MARKAR

Post by MARKAR » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:32 am

wjbarricklow wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:10 am
Markar, page 85 of Florida Firearms Law by Jon H. Guymacher, Esq.:
QUESTION: Can the handgun be loaded if I do this?
ANSWER: Absolutely. It won’t do you any good otherwise.
QUESTION: I heard it must be in a holster if I have it in the glove compartment, in the glove compartment must be locked?
ANSWER: Nope. All you need is to have the glove compartment closed.
He devotes about 10 pages to that statute- he’s reading it differently than you and supporting it with case law.
No. I think I was trying to say the same thing and agree with Jon G.

wjbarricklow
Life Member
Life Member

Post by wjbarricklow » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:08 pm

Okay, gotcha. [smilie=cheers1.gif]
...and they think I'm compensating for something?