Where would you go?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
User avatar
Flame Red
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2623
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Where would you go?

Post by Flame Red » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:46 am

I be stuck now in the middle of the hood here in Mosquito County. With all the Section 8 apartments they built in the last couple years up the road from me, I have been overrun and am now in the minority. Should have moved 2 years ago but no, the wife would not... Now we are stuck.

The HOA put a couple of video cameras at the entrance to the neighborhood so they can identify the hood rats that come in for the armed robberies. Like it matters, the cars are always stolen anyway...

For a while I was thinking of the Villages, but that is the biggest rip off in Florida real estate. Seems like the Yankee's love it though. No hood rats is the only positive. I don't think I could stand the old f@rts watching my every move. Shoot, they would have a cardiac when they watch me shelp in all the ammo. Plus the houses are twice as costly there for half the house. =:wvr Wife said no when she heard of all the perverted granny sex going on there.
Dirty Harry doesn't play any favorites! Harry hates everybody!

User avatar
tector
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 14664
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 am
Location: Broward

Re: Where would you go?

Post by tector » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:26 am

Santa Fe is great. Albuquerque has major gang crime.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 6346
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:30 pm
Location: Sarasota

Re: Where would you go?

Post by g.willikers » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:36 am

with open carry, you can thoroughly enjoy pissing them off.
Most of them are so accustomed to being looked after and protected by others, open carry with one of those ccw badges would settle them right down.
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

User avatar
870Mike
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 5103
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:32 pm
Location: Broward (Da 'Hood)

Re: Where would you go?

Post by 870Mike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:01 pm

g.willikers wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:36 am
with open carry, you can thoroughly enjoy pissing them off.
Most of them are so accustomed to being looked after and protected by others, open carry with one of those ccw badges would settle them right down.
Nope. I go out of my way to alert them as to my agenda..."MAGA" hat + "Kill Them All & Let God Sort Them Out" t-shirt.

My wife walks 5 steps in front of me... [smilie=011.gif]
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

User avatar
870Mike
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 5103
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:32 pm
Location: Broward (Da 'Hood)

Re: Where would you go?

Post by 870Mike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:02 pm

madman wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:34 am
Have you ever been to Albuquerque or Sante Fe? Hippy Central.
No. I'm way South (Las Cruces).
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

User avatar
FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 855
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:55 pm
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Contact:

Re: Where would you go?

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:11 pm

870Mike wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:02 pm
madman wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:34 am
Have you ever been to Albuquerque or Sante Fe? Hippy Central.
No. I'm way South (Las Cruces).
My half sister's father (now deceased) lived in Las Cruces.

User avatar
870Mike
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 5103
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:32 pm
Location: Broward (Da 'Hood)

Re: Where would you go?

Post by 870Mike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:30 pm

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:11 pm
870Mike wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:02 pm
madman wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:34 am
Have you ever been to Albuquerque or Sante Fe? Hippy Central.
No. I'm way South (Las Cruces).
My half sister's father (now deceased) lived in Las Cruces.
Ever visit? I have one of the "newer" homes downtown...an adobe built in 1905.
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

User avatar
870Mike
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 5103
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:32 pm
Location: Broward (Da 'Hood)

Re: Where would you go?

Post by 870Mike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:39 pm

I had one Hillary sucking goon come up to me (pre-election) at the Farmer's Market and say (jokingly) "So...what's it like to be a Republican in a Liberal town?". I said "Feels good knowing I'm the smartest guy here...".

He laughed. They're not as rabid as they are here or in Cali. I think the .45 hanging from the belt keeps them civil.
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

User avatar
FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 855
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:55 pm
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Contact:

Re: Where would you go?

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:44 pm

870Mike wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:30 pm
FfNJGTFO wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:11 pm
870Mike wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:02 pm
madman wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:34 am
Have you ever been to Albuquerque or Sante Fe? Hippy Central.
No. I'm way South (Las Cruces).
My half sister's father (now deceased) lived in Las Cruces.
Ever visit? I have one of the "newer" homes downtown...an adobe built in 1905.
Unfortunately, no. I have visited Arizona, as previously mentioned. I almost got the opportunity to "set foot" in New Mexico, literally, by visiting the "Four Corners" monument there, but never got there.

Image

User avatar
FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 855
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:55 pm
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Contact:

Re: Where would you go?

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:48 pm

870Mike wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:39 pm
I had one Hillary sucking goon come up to me (pre-election) at the Farmer's Market and say (jokingly) "So...what's it like to be a Republican in a Liberal town?". I said "Feels good knowing I'm the smartest guy here...".

He laughed. They're not as rabid as they are here or in Cali. I think the .45 hanging from the belt keeps them civil.
You're lucky they didn't try and "SWAT" you. If you were in the PRNJ, they would have.... even if OC were legal there... [smilie=042.gif]

User avatar
gforester
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 950
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:30 pm
Location: Cocoa, Florida

Re: Where would you go?

Post by gforester » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:29 pm

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:11 pm
870Mike wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:02 pm
madman wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:34 am
Have you ever been to Albuquerque or Sante Fe? Hippy Central.
No. I'm way South (Las Cruces).
My half sister's father (now deceased) lived in Las Cruces.
Ah, Las Cruces. I have fond memories of that town from my Jr High days. Was great being a kid in that town back in the 60's. I would ride out to the desert early Sunday AM with my step-dad and his buddy to shoot jack rabbits, rattlesnakes or just beer cans with my Marlin 22 rifle.

User avatar
tector
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 14664
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 am
Location: Broward

Re: Where would you go?

Post by tector » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:00 pm

Las Cruses is not a bad little town, and it is only about 45 minutes from a decent sized city, El Paso. But that means it ain't far from Mexico, either.

And as I said, NM is trending lib.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

User avatar
870Mike
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 5103
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:32 pm
Location: Broward (Da 'Hood)

Re: Where would you go?

Post by 870Mike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:26 pm

tector wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:00 pm
Las Cruses is not a bad little town, and it is only about 45 minutes from a decent sized city, El Paso. But that means it ain't far from Mexico, either.
The border patrol are like flies on [smilie=042.gif] there. There are border checkpoints as you leave Las Cruces on I-10 & I-25. Smugglers go through TX or AZ where there aren't any "bottlenecks". No issues whatsoever with drug (or people) smuggling.
Last edited by 870Mike on Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

User avatar
870Mike
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 5103
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:32 pm
Location: Broward (Da 'Hood)

Re: Where would you go?

Post by 870Mike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:31 pm

gforester wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:29 pm


Ah, Las Cruces. I have fond memories of that town from my Jr High days. Was great being a kid in that town back in the 60's. I would ride out to the desert early Sunday AM with my step-dad and his buddy to shoot jack rabbits, rattlesnakes or just beer cans with my Marlin 22 rifle.
Still happening. The arroyos are considered public land. Woke up one morning and looked out the window (desert home, not downtown home) and there's a guy, three days older than God, in full cowboy regalia, walking in the arroyo with a hitch and a lever action over his shoulder.

Had to rub my eyes and look twice. Thought I was dreaming.
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

User avatar
gforester
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 950
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:30 pm
Location: Cocoa, Florida

Re: Where would you go?

Post by gforester » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:31 pm

870Mike wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:31 pm
gforester wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:29 pm


Ah, Las Cruces. I have fond memories of that town from my Jr High days. Was great being a kid in that town back in the 60's. I would ride out to the desert early Sunday AM with my step-dad and his buddy to shoot jack rabbits, rattlesnakes or just beer cans with my Marlin 22 rifle.
Still happening. The arroyos are considered public land. Woke up one morning and looked out the window (desert home, not downtown home) and there's a guy, three days older than God, in full cowboy regalia, walking in the arroyo with a hitch and a lever action over his shoulder.

Had to rub my eyes and look twice. Thought I was dreaming.
I lived just off South Solano Drive on Espanola back in the day. There was an arroyo just a block away from the house. We used to walk there and explore it in both directions. Never saw a cowboy there LOL. I do remember eating hamburgers to die for at the Lotaburger about two blocks north of my street on the corner of Texas and Solano. Ah, those were the days....

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 6346
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:30 pm
Location: Sarasota

Re: Where would you go?

Post by g.willikers » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:40 pm

When I was a wee lad of thirteen, our family drove across country to visit relatives in San Diego.
Being in no hurry, as it was August and before cars had air conditioning, we took our time especially going through New Mexico and Arizona.
Stopped to see local rodeos and saw my first genuine cowboy astride a giant horse wearing a holstered sixgun.
The cowboy, not the horse.
Although horses are known to carry guns, too.
Thought I had stepped into a tv western.
Would very much move there if the better half would.
But she prefers green over brown and would rather chase roaches instead of scorpions.
It would be nice to be able to just drive a little way out of town to shoot.
Still have to watch out for Indian tribal law enforcement, though.
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

Gmountain
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:35 pm
Location: Martin County

Re: Where would you go?

Post by Gmountain » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:08 pm

I'd go to Vermont.

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 6346
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:30 pm
Location: Sarasota

Re: Where would you go?

Post by g.willikers » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:33 am

We're old.
Heat is better than cold.
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

User avatar
tector
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 14664
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:49 am
Location: Broward

Re: Where would you go?

Post by tector » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:46 am

Gmountain wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:08 pm
I'd go to Vermont.
I know it was the first Constitutional Carry state, but it is 14 and snowing in Burlington as I type. Nope.

And the way it is going politically....
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

User avatar
FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 855
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:55 pm
Location: Wesley Chapel, FL
Contact:

Re: Where would you go?

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:06 am

g.willikers wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:33 am
We're old.
Heat is better than cold.
Precisely!

[smilie=cheers1.gif]

Post Reply