Where would you go?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Where would you go?

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:21 pm

From the "Hating Fireworks" thread...
g.willikers wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:53 am
If we ever would leave Florida, it would be due to the lack of character of many of the people down here.
You know the ones, who came here thinking they would find the easy life living under a coconut tree.
The reality happened and found them unprepared and desperate.
This brings up an interesting question... one I've been thinking about recently, given how FL, which used to be a bastion of pro-2A rights, is starting to turn the other way... Slowly, yes, but any progress in that direction (or the lack of progress in *our* direction) is unacceptable.

If it ever gets to the point where I'd have to consider leaving FL for a "more 2A friendlier" state (and I hope that never happens in my lifetime...), what State would that be? Texas might have been a good choice, but we see what is happening in Austin, Dallas, etc. I think Arizona would also be an excellent choice (and the one I'd most likely make - for climate and other reasons), but there is also concern about Tuscon (U of Az). In short, I'm not sure what State would not be subject to the influx of "progressives..." at least to the point where it could affect pro-2A laws/protections already on the books or the addition of greater laws/protections.

So, if you were to make the decision to leave FL (for those reasons), where would you go? I gather most of you would say, "I'd rather stay here and fight to the bitter end..." and that's probably what I'll do as well.

But if you were to make the choice to flee... where would you go?

Flame Red
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Where would you go?

Post by Flame Red » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:31 pm

Like I keep saying for a decade or more - put up that razor wire at the Georgia boarder and keep the Yankee Libitards out. I don't need their sticking $ or their stinking Libitardness.

But too late I'm afraid. The tide has already turned and the cancer has set in. From what I read here the Panhandle is the place to go. Need to put the razor wire at I4 as the southern boarder.
Dirty Harry doesn't play any favorites! Harry hates everybody!

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:26 pm

Flame Red wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:31 pm
Like I keep saying for a decade or more - put up that razor wire at the Georgia boarder and keep the Yankee Libitards out. I don't need their sticking $ or their stinking Libitardness.
But, had that been done, y'all wouldn't have let me in.... [smilie=011.gif]

And, you'd need a bit more razor wire than that...You'd need some in Southern FL to keep out the influx of liberals from Puerto Rico, Cuba, Caribbean, etc. etc. etc.
Flame Red wrote:
But too late I'm afraid. The tide has already turned and the cancer has set in. From what I read here the Panhandle is the place to go. Need to put the razor wire at I4 as the southern boarder.
Even the panhandle won't be safe if the progressives take over the State Govt and change the FL Constitution, etc. I lived in one of the most conservative counties in NJ... where the county Sheriff and local CLEOs were very pro-2A and gave us no trouble at all in getting our docs to buy guns, etc. But that didn't stop all the other State legislators (and it sure won't stop them, now that a Dem. Gov is about to take office) from imposing all kinds of stupid legislation. Why did we need even to have State papers to buy guns at all???

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Quite true about anywhere in fl if the collectivists take over. Get enough ''know better than you'' leftists, and add in ''refugees'' who are brainwashed by Marxism and even the State Constitution isn't safe.

I've been evaluating places, a possible divorce on the horizon, and have accumulated quite a bit of data. A lot depends on age and objectives. If you are retired, pay special attention to state taxation of Social Security and pensions. Some of the highly touted destinations claw away what little one does get. If working, tax is less of an issue because some of the higher tax states also offer the best earning opportunities. I did a calculation for a friend once that showed California (spit, yeah I know) offering a better net income than North Carolina (may be better now, though I used to refer to NC as NJ-South). Other than Texas as a possibility, I'm staying in FL someplace and fight as needed. Might have to make a decision if the creep mayor of Tally is elected governor. He wants a broad based tax, read that income tax, so he'll have more to distribute to his fellow zoological specimens.

I was considering the Panhandle, as well. I don't know how I'd fit, since I'm not rich enough to live in the better areas. South Florida is shot, populated by the types who ruined NYC. My favorite, the Keys of 15-20 years ago is messed for what probably remains of my lifetime.
Mit den Dummen dreht man die Welt um.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:45 pm

If these hurricane displaced Puerto Ricans stay and vote, we could be in trouble. We have a lot close elections already in this state. Doesn't take a lot of new liberal voters to tilt things.

As far as where to go, you have to pick someplace where relocating northeasterners and Californians, and immigrants, will NOT be flocking to. That means your weather will suck balls. Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Mississippi, Alabama, Alaska, Idaho? There is always Utah, if you can deal with Mormon domination. Beautiful AF there.

Part of it is your age. What happened to Virginia may happen to North Carolina and Tennessee in 10 to 15 years.

Not withstanding Bill Clinton, Arkansas is now a sneaky good state. Maybe Iowa and Indiana, too, but their weather is worse.

My plan is to die before things get too bad.
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

Dr. Dickie
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dr. Dickie » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:15 pm

tector wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:45 pm
If these hurricane displaced Puerto Ricans stay and vote, we could be in trouble. We have a lot close elections already in this state. Doesn't take a lot of new liberal voters to tilt things.

My fear as well. When I told the wife, she said we would have to move (once her parents die), as she doesn't want to live in a Leftist state.
I have been looking and thinking about Arizona and Utah a lot lately.

Our backup plan is like yours. We just talked about if a Dem got in after Trump, that we would likely be dead before things got really bad.
Repeal the 17th Amendment, let’s put America back to the Republic the founding fathers intended!

ger42
Life Member
Life Member

Post by ger42 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:51 pm

tector wrote:

My plan and something I can control.
NRA Life Member
Get Strong Live Long
"Lord, I seek your wisdom and guidance in making me the person my dogs think I am"

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:06 pm

Dr. Dickie wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:15 pm
tector wrote:

My fear as well. When I told the wife, she said we would have to move (once her parents die), as she doesn't want to live in a Leftist state.

Our backup plan is like yours. We just talked about if a Dem got in after Trump, that we would likely be dead before things got really bad.
Arizona has some beautiful areas up north. The rest is just hell hot. I worry about Californians and liberal immigrants polluting it eventually. But is probably good for another 15 years at least.

I hope.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:13 pm

tector wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:06 pm
Dr. Dickie wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:15 pm
tector wrote:

Arizona has some beautiful areas up north. The rest is just hell hot. I worry about Californians and liberal immigrants polluting it eventually. But is probably good for another 15 years at least.

I hope.
Tuscon is already gone, as I understand it. I visited the northern parts 11 years ago (Flagstaff, Cottonwood, Page (near the Glen Canyon Dam), Sedona, etc. and areas around the GCNP). Not bad. Although, I'd be a little cautious about Sedona... lots of "artsy fartsy" kind of folks there...

n0rlf
Life Member
Life Member

Post by n0rlf » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:35 pm

I am there. I bugged out couple years ago.
Hills of Tennessee. Not the greatest politics but damn sure far from the bottom.
Remember:
2 truths in life
It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission!
Always drink upstream from the herd!

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:41 pm

Moved out of Broward to get away from the hoopty's & donks...

...but now, in Martin Co., I'm dealing with bro-dozers... =:wvr

Oh well...at least I can mingle amongst 'necks. Hopefully gas/diesel will go back to $4/gal. [-o<
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

TC6969
Life Member
Life Member

Post by TC6969 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:15 pm

Flame Red wrote:
From what I read here the Panhandle is the place to go.
I'm already making plans to get up that way.
Late mergers should be shot in the face, then set on fire and hung from an overpass. /:f

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:22 pm

if you didn't have to be a Popsicle 11.9 months out of the year, Alaska is where I would already be ....come on global warming, I hope Lil' Kimmy's missle hits both LA & NYC and the fallout spreads south into mexico ( making it uncrossable ) , and north into Quebec [smilie=011.gif] ...FU pea soup eaters [smilie=back.gif]

and maybe Detroit, D.C. and Atlanta but that might be asking a lot [-o<
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

PzGren

Post by PzGren » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:04 am

My youngest son just moved to a little town half an hour south of Dallas and I will be following soon. I liked South Florida back in the mid '80s when I visited from Chicago but do not like the demographic development here. My oldest son has applied in Indiana, Texas, Kentucky, and Ocala, Florida and hopes to get the job in Indiana next summer. Cheap housing, cheap car insurance and friendly people there. I checked the overall tax burden and this is where Ocala wins, Kentucky comes out last but the grass is always greener on the other side ...

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:25 am

How is the 'Land of Enchantment' New Mexico?
In between AZ and TX, low population density.
/:f
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

madman
Life Member
Life Member

Post by madman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:48 am

Alabama is right under our nose, though they do have a state income tax, their taxes are very low. I believe they're second in gun rights in an overwhelmingly red state. And if you choose, you can be relatively close to the water's of the gulf.

Me, I'm going to Oregon to open a school, teaching the libitard snowflakes how to pump gas. I'll retire in a year. [smilie=011.gif]
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"The Constitution cannot defend itself. It is the duty of the People to defend it."
-Robert L. Schulz

g.willikers
Life Member
Life Member

Post by g.willikers » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:04 am

Alabama income tax is less than Florida sales tax.
No burden there.
And close enough to get warm down here in the winter.
Not a bad choice madman.
On the other hand, it's not always necessary to move away.
Most public employees are more interested in collecting their salary than getting into hassles.
"Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent."

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:21 am

P5 guy wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:25 am
How is the 'Land of Enchantment' New Mexico?
In between AZ and TX, low population density.
/:f
I have a home there. Love it. My town is 1/2 Lib (college town), but with open carry, you can thoroughly enjoy pissing them off. I open carry at the Farmer's Market and they give me a wide berth.
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:25 am

New Mexico has as much chance, or more, of going liberal than Florida. Both of its Senators are already Democrats.

Very beautiful state, however.

madman
Life Member
Life Member

Post by madman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:34 am

Have you ever been to Albuquerque or Sante Fe? Hippy Central.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"The Constitution cannot defend itself. It is the duty of the People to defend it."
-Robert L. Schulz