Galaxy 8 Plus

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Galaxy 8 Plus

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:39 am

Do those have the wrap screen ? and how much of the screen do you lose in the otterbox??

I saw a girl with the note 8 and was asking about typing text ( like on a form ) inside a text box like when you reply....if you need to long press and move the curser. ..could you do it with the curved screen in an otterbox ??
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

draggindakota
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by draggindakota » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:19 am

Yeah, they both have the curved edge screen. The Otterbox covers just a sliver of the screen, but nothing noticeable or that affects use. There is a feature called edge panels, which is like a quick launch app drawer that you pull over from the curved edge of the screen and I can access that with zero problems. No problems moving the cursor either.

Now, the newer Otterboxes aren't like the old ones. There is no built in screen protector, even on the Defender series. The older style I always had problems with the screen protector not registering touches at the far edges.
Why would you want to give away any of your rights or freedoms? Just because one jack wagon doesn't have an elevator worth Andre 3000 doesn't mean that I should have my privileges taken away.

ParishM
Life Member
Life Member

Post by ParishM » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:35 am

look at the UAG Urban Armor Gear cases, they don't
cover the edges

https://urbanarmorgear.com

I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:11 am

draggindakota wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:19 am
The older style I always had problems with the screen protector not registering touches at the far edges.
yep, thats what I was referring to :ber
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

lucy
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by lucy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:26 pm

I'm still using the pre-owned S3 I bought from Hemi 5 years ago.

deathpriest
Contributor
Contributor

Post by deathpriest » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:51 pm

I upgraded from a Nexus 6, never even scratched the screen. I had it in a MOKO hard cover and after 4 years I thought I could afford a new device so I went S8+ thinking it should last 4 years as well.

I am happy with the performance and have not had any issues yet. I bought a MOKO cover, amazon item B06XXSYVJ4 and a screen protector B071RFGSBF. THe curved screen takes some to get used to but, so far so good.
Blessings,
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
**Infidel**

forcefed
Life Member
Life Member

Post by forcefed » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:03 pm

AirForceShooter wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:30 am
forcefed wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:44 pm
Had an S5. Upgraded to S8+ recently. I already cracked the screen. I had the S5 for three years and not so much as a scratch. I have insurance for the S8+ just have to figure out how to use it
Wait til you see the deductible

AFS
Is it $150?
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.