So I Wonder If Shot Show Will Come Back To Orlando...?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
SteyrAUG
Life Member
Life Member

So I Wonder If Shot Show Will Come Back To Orlando...?

Post by SteyrAUG » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:32 pm

Las Vegas Sands hasn't exactly been the perfect venue that last few years anyway.
Steyr808@yahoo.com
FFL Broward County, FL

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Re: So I Wonder If Shot Show Will Come Back To Orlando...?

Post by molivo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:36 pm

That would be f'ing awesome...im too poor to go to vegas for it. I went once, it was certainly an awesome experience but if a friend hadnt paid for it no way i could have attended. I dont think id count on it . Orlando had its own recording breaking mass shooting.
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

George W
Life Member
Life Member

Post by George W » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:43 pm

I'm betting it goes someplace much more vanilla than Vegas or even Orlando like Iowa. The Brownell family has a pretty strong hold on the NRA right now. Taking SHOT to someplace centrally located, with little antigun influence would make a lot of sense..... at least in the short term.
Half of my resolutions to problems come with a cold sweat somewhere around 2 am.

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:10 pm

Went to the last 2 that were in Orlando. Hope they come back. GARY.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:49 am

according to NSSF nope, its in Vegas , WHY..... because the patrons want it in Vegas, plus Vegas can handle it ( large enough ) , they now wanna make it open to the public against everyone in the industries best wishes, it used to be about people seeing new products and placing a years worth of orders, now all about the $$$, the youtube asshats already bitching about people getting in their way during interviews, could you imagine trying to place an order having a bunch of dumb rednecks interrupting saying hey joebob I gotta get me one of these ](*,) ....not to mention pricing would have to be listed at retail and everyone would want to buy one thinking it was just a gun show =:wvr

and Shot show will go on as planned in Jan , got that email yesterday /:f

supposedly every year they do an exit poll about the location and every year its Vegas, in mid 2000's in was held in Orlando twice I think...05 or 06 and 08'ish ....they billed it as a family trip, "bring the wife and kids and they can enjoy the parks and everything Orlando has to offer" they said...., bottom line this meant no gambling and no whores, so everyone voted to go back to Vegas....plus who wants to walk or work Shot then come home and hear your kids screaming about Mickey Mouse till they crash [smilie=011.gif]

Orlando simply robbed them of Guy TIme
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:08 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:49 am
in mid 2000's in was held in Orlando twice I think...05 or 06 and 08'ish
I was at the ORLANDO show in 09, & 11. GARY

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:08 pm

Dup.
Last edited by N4KVE on Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:34 pm

too long ago for me to remember, but you're probably correct on the dates, the first one was a trial test to see if O-town could compare ...the second time as a contract dispute with Vegas
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

cougar_guy04
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by cougar_guy04 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:32 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
according to NSSF nope, its in Vegas , WHY..... because the patrons want it in Vegas, plus Vegas can handle it ( large enough ) , they now wanna make it open to the public against everyone in the industries best wishes, it used to be about people seeing new products and placing a years worth of orders, now all about the $$$, the youtube asshats already bitching about people getting in their way during interviews, could you imagine trying to place an order having a bunch of dumb rednecks interrupting saying hey joebob I gotta get me one of these ](*,) ....not to mention pricing would have to be listed at retail and everyone would want to buy one thinking it was just a gun show =:wvr

and Shot show will go on as planned in Jan , got that email yesterday /:f

supposedly every year they do an exit poll about the location and every year its Vegas, in mid 2000's in was held in Orlando twice I think...05 or 06 and 08'ish ....they billed it as a family trip, "bring the wife and kids and they can enjoy the parks and everything Orlando has to offer" they said...., bottom line this meant no gambling and no whores, so everyone voted to go back to Vegas....plus who wants to walk or work Shot then come home and hear your kids screaming about Mickey Mouse till they crash [smilie=011.gif]

QFT. I was working a booth in 2009 for a local mfg (SHOT was in Orlando in 03, 07, and 09 . . . it's been at the Sands ever since). In the 4 days I worked the show, I think I racked up 70-80 hours over the course of 4-5 days, one night I didn't get dinner until Midnight. I can't imagine being on the road/at a hotel, doing all that and then coming back to the wife/kids. Forget it.

Once they went back to Vegas, my involvement with SHOT went to nada. Company wasn't going to pay for the extra bodies at the show. I honestly don't think I missed much. Opening it up to the public will be the death of SHOT. There's already the NRAAM for Bubba to come finger-fiddle the latest version of the XD or Mossberg Chainsaw and I think the NASGW is starting to steal some of SHOT's thunder as they're not letting as much media into that show. Add in social media as a platform for major launches and you've got another strike against SHOT. SHOT is still king for networking opportunities for guys in the industry though. Since I still do work in the industry, I've started getting pinged by vendors and old coworkers if I was going to be there this year. Who knows.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:07 pm

I dont know whats worse the media or bubba...the media is fun to annoy ...walk in on the shot smile and wave or scratch your nutz.....

Ruined your shot ...F off... ....thats why they have media day a55 hole :ham'r

A youtube guy actually complained that small time gun shop guys were ruining his shot.. ..not sure hes as pertinent as he once once affer that made the rounds.

SteyrAUG
Life Member
Life Member

Post by SteyrAUG » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:24 am

Rentprop1 wrote:

Unless you went to the Reed Knight manufacturing plant and got to see "the collection."
Steyr808@yahoo.com
FFL Broward County, FL

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:24 am

SteyrAUG wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:24 am
Rentprop1 wrote:

Unless you went to the Reed Knight manufacturing plant and got to see "the collection."
There have not been tours to that facility for almost 2 years now.... I've been on the list the entire time for when they started back up.......

Patty has me down for a group size of 25, I always figured I could invite a couple guys from FSN that could drop everything and join in on the last minute , if I ever make it to the top of the list again.

flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flashooter22 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:28 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:24 am
SteyrAUG wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:24 am
Rentprop1 wrote:

There have not been tours to that facility for almost 2 years now.... I've been on the list the entire time for when they started back up.......

Patty has me down for a group size of 25, I always figured I could invite a couple guys from FSN that could drop everything and join in on the last minute , if I ever make it to the top of the list again.
Has it been that long for tours? I was in a small group tour about 2 years ago with local and fed LE that Reed led himself (at least the upstairs gun part, another guy did the vehicles downstairs). Been trying to get my guy to do another...hopefully soon! I know they have been talking a lot lately as we are looking at buying Knights SR25s for sniper rifles. That tour was the best I have ever been on, could have literally spent hours more there.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - H.L. Mencken

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:25 pm

I'm guessing it's been about 2 years I talked to the lady there in the office quite often just to let her know I'm still interested it's only by special invitation now probably for law enforcement they bend over backwards a friend of mine's been to a few private parties there in the Museum Part but they pretty much stopped tours until they could get caught up on production according to Reed himself

Jimmac

Post by Jimmac » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:33 pm

I went to Show in Houston maybe '84. Bus ride from airport to downtown, then $25 cab ride to hotel near show.
$40 cab ride from hotel to airport after Show.

Good show, but lousy distance from airport.
It's a beautiful day, watch some idiot come along to mess it up.
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, add a bag of Doritos and we have a party.