Future of bump fire devices?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
jollymon32
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Future of bump fire devices?

Post by jollymon32 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:02 pm

molivo wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:20 pm
jollymon32 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:32 am
molivo wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:47 pm
Water Rat wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:20 pm

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=89941&hilit=Slide+fire+sharon

Epic thread.
Boy I'll say it was that was pretty much 21 pages of literary gold... it should be required reading for every FSN member [smilie=011.gif]
Just re-read the whole thread. What a great trip down memory lane. For the record, all of the foretelling of how dealings with her would pan out was spot on.
Yeah I actually forgot that you were one of her cheerleaders for a while. Aren't you glad you decided to stick with the winning team? The one good thing about FSN is generally we don't Lynch Mob somebody unless they fully deserve it [smilie=011.gif]
Not sure how much of a 'cheerleader' I was for her, but like it was pointed out, in SoFla it was one of the only places to shoot freely - that is what I was cheerleading about.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:10 pm

I can't blame the NRA. These stocks are s';t--they literally make the gun only useful for exactly what this sick fuckface used it for, spray and pray into a crowd. While it is conceivable to envision a legit self-defense situation where that might occur, it is just too farfetched compared to the reality of what just happened.

The battle will be whether they get regulated as de facto machine guns or just banned.
SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:24 pm

tector wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:10 pm
I can't blame the NRA. These stocks are s';t--they literally make the gun only useful for exactly what this sick fuckface used it for, spray and pray into a crowd. While it is conceivable to envision a legit self-defense situation where that might occur, it is just too farfetched compared to the reality of what just happened.

The battle will be whether they get regulated as de facto machine guns or just banned.
The problem is it wont stop at the stocks. Then the same logic would apply to the rifles. And hicap mags. And everything else they can weasle their way into banning...
Last edited by molivo on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

Flame Red
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Flame Red » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:24 pm

Looks like people are starting to bid up the prices of the Fostech Echo II on GB.

Too bad, all my lowers are Colts and don't have the selector area milled out. And I don't have any M16 BCGs.
Dirty Harry doesn't play any favorites! Harry hates everybody!

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:27 pm

Flame Red wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:24 pm
Looks like people are starting to bid up the prices of the Fostech Echo II on GB.

Too bad, all my lowers are Colts and don't have the selector area milled out. And I don't have any M16 BCGs.
I like the Franklin Armory trigger better myself
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:29 pm

molivo wrote:
tector wrote:

The problem is it wont stop at the stocks. Then the same logic would apply to the rifles. And hicap mags. And everything else they can weasle their way into banning...
I understand the gun grabbers will not stop with the stocks, obviously. All I said is I don't blame the NRA, since the product is s';t. The guns and mags have legit purposes and at least can be defended as such. The NRA does not want to lose face, and political capital, not being able to hold a line. I presume they concluded this was a line they probably could not hold. I don't know they are wrong.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

Flame Red
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Flame Red » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:42 pm

molivo wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:27 pm
Flame Red wrote:

I like the Franklin Armory trigger better myself
It sayd the Franklin will install in the standard Colt receivers and milling is not required. Is that indeed the case? They say it works with any BCG but some say it works best with the M16 BCG?

[smilie=popcorn.gif]
Last edited by Flame Red on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dirty Harry doesn't play any favorites! Harry hates everybody!

cubanstang50
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cubanstang50 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:42 pm

Bump fire stocks got the short end of the stick. They are the escape goat. It will be banned and some go home happy. Yes, its one more thing they take but i agree with tector.
3rd Battalion/8th Marines Kilo Co.

To locate, close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver or to repel his assault by fire and close combat.

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:55 pm

If it was up to me I would repeal the NFA and everything built upon it.

It it was up to me Kate Upton would sit on my face every night.

Which is more likely?

I would think before making this decision the NRA consulted with key supporters in Congress and got a sense of what could and could not be done. I mean, that would be a logical approach. If the NRA took some kind of knee-jerk illogical approach, then they deserve to get s';t upon. Maybe I am giving them too much credit--it is possible.

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:21 pm

I agree with orlando paulitician that if we are going to sacrifice bump stocks we should make sure to get something in return for it. This could actually work out to our net benefit if our representatives play their cards and politics right to get something more important in exchange for a bump stock ban.

So if our representatives actually do their job...oh right they never do...and they actually represent us...oh right they just represent themselves and large campaign contributors...and then get us something like the HPA in exchange...oh right they will use the political capital for their own special interest instead.
Libertas aut mortis!

P5 guy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by P5 guy » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:13 pm

Our hero Sheriff Grady Judd has just called for banning bump stocks. FOX13 Tampa Bay just had him on ranting about them.
_:
I do not have one of these and see them as only a way to blow more cash on ammo. If that's your thing you should be allowed to do it!
I AM THE GUN LOBBY AND I VOTE!

Limeybtrd
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Limeybtrd » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:31 pm

My question is this. Is the bump stock makers going to be punished or the ATF? I think I already know the answer

Hint. Pass down the blame . Just like any other corporate scum do.

As for the NRA supporting the bump stock ban, shame on them. What next, any mag over 6 rounds ?

This is exactly how the government banned guns in my old beloved country. Concede one inch and they will take the foot.
British Expat Living in the Land of the Free.

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:39 pm

some are over $ 500 on Gunbroker right now,,,,now is the time to dump them, remember if they make them illegal you're not gonna wanna be in possession of it, getting caught with one is probably the same penalty as getting caught with an unregistered MG or silencer....and you'll surely loose your gun rights , don't look for any type of grandfathering clause, those ass ahats want them banned, period .....you're not gonna be able to take it to the range or show your buddies, someone may rat you out for having it [-X

sell it now [smilie=011.gif]
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

Water Rat
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Water Rat » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:09 pm

Limeybtrd wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:31 pm
My question is this. Is the bump stock makers going to be punished or the ATF? I think I already know the answer

Hint. Pass down the blame . Just like any other corporate scum do.

As for the NRA supporting the bump stock ban, shame on them. What next, any mag over 6 rounds ?

This is exactly how the government banned guns in my old beloved country. Concede one inch and they will take the foot.
I can't see either the atfe or bump stock makers getting punished. It's been long defined what constitutes a machine gun.

As much as some may think bump stocks are garbage, the fact that they are being bargained away is the sh*ts.
Waiting to hear from the GOA, JPFO, etc. Anybody, bueller.

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:11 pm

I thought about buying some for resale right after the news started leaking out about them, and while they were still in stock at major retailers...but I would not want to deal with the white knight harassers/public social media shamers dogpiling on sellers of these things or the Fed's knocking on my door if they are banned.

Hippie

Post by Hippie » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:40 pm

Slide fire stocks were a stupid product of no real value for legitimate shooting sports. It was just an irresponsible product to push the limits of NFA and now you see the image that casts on the rest of the gun industry.

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:49 pm

molivo wrote:
tector wrote:

I agree just like FA guns ban them all that's about f#;.,/g stupid right there. Saying they were designed to spray and slay crowds of people with. I'm absolutely sure the people that designed that stock and the binary trigger thought just that. Hey let's design something that mass murderers can use to kill people with. Bullshit just when I thought you were halfway intelligent.

Why don't you try rethinking that. Some mad man uses it and now it's evil. Just f#;.,/g ban the f#;.,/g guns to. Forget about even blaming the madman the mere fact he even touched that bump stock made him do it.

To even say say the manufacturers designed that to kill the masses is ignorant. Spoken like a true attorney. Wait you are an attorney aren't you have you sent out you business cards yet to the victims with that punch line.

I did not see that coming from you tector. But hey what do I know.
Last edited by firemedic2000 on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:53 pm

firemedic2000 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:49 pm
Saying they were designed to spray and slay crowds of people with.
Well, at least fantasies of blowing government agents away.

JohnMeridith

Post by JohnMeridith » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:57 pm

I've gotta sell the one I have. Never even came close to using it

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:02 pm

Hippie wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:40 pm
Slide fire stocks were a stupid product of no real value for legitimate shooting sports. It was just an irresponsible product to push the limits of NFA and now you see the image that casts on the rest of the gun industry.
Exactly. Lets keep making dumb products like this so we can 'reluctantly' ban them when in fact most could care less. Not being sarcastic I always thought this was a good play for gun owners
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin