Bubbas: Know your back-stop

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
User avatar
870Mike
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 4734
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:32 pm
Location: Broward (Da 'Hood)

Bubbas: Know your back-stop

Post by 870Mike » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:51 am

I'm guessing Bubbas:

Stray bullet kills Plantation man fishing in wildlife area, deputies believe

While some areas in the Holey Land Wildlife Management area allow shooting during hunting season, none was allowed the day a man was found shot dead.

Adam Sacas, Reporter
Sun Sentinel

Bullets from out of nowhere killed a man as he fished in a wildlife area Wednesday afternoon — and the source of the gunfire remains a mystery.

The shooting may have been accidental, according to Palm Beach Sheriff’s investigators. But they would not say why they thought that.

The sherif’f’s office also refused to say why they didn’t think anyone was targeting the victim, Lawrence Ramdass, or how many times he was hit.

The bullets flew as Ramdass, 46, was on a boat with his uncle and a family friend in the Holey Land Wildlife Management Area about two miles west of U.S. 27, near the Palm Beach Broward County Line, his cousin Sunita Moses said in a phone call Thursday.

“I’m very pro-gun but I’d never think to shoot a weapon at a waterway,” Moses said. “I’m concerned. I don’t think anyone is going to step forward.”

Ramdass’ uncle and the family friend dove out of the boat when the shooting began. Shortly after, they found Ramdass shot in the boat, his cousin said.

Once the two other men got back in the boat uninjured, Ramdass steered it back to land as paramedics headed to the area. He survived between 20 to 30 minutes but by the time paramedics arrived, he was dead, Moses said.

Firing a gun, regardless of whether it’s for hunting or target shooting, is allowed only during hunting season within the wildlife and conservation areas near Holey Land, Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission spokeswoman Amy Moore said.

“If someone was out there target shooting, they were doing so illegally,” she said.

Regardless of the season, shooting is banned off the paved road, named L-5, that runs parallel to the Palm Beach and Broward County line, and goes by the Harold A. Campbell Boat Ramp, near where the shooting happened, Moore said.

The next time shooting will allowed in the wildlife management area and conservation areas is the next hunting season, which starts August 5. It’s for bow hunting large animals but target shooting will be allowed, she said.

She said wildlife officers regularly catch people shooting illegally and that signs placed by the agency are shot down.

“Inside wildlife management areas, you can shoot during hunting season but other areas have workers. It is completely closed to target shooting. Closed every day of the year. People drive and sightsee on a regular basis.”

She urges people who target shoot to have a proper back stop to shoot into and know what’s behind what they’re shooting at.

She said her agency finding people shooting illegally is a common problem.

“They think its unincorporated area but we’re out there,” Moore said. “We’ve been trying to educate people but its been difficult with Florida being a high tourist area.”

Moore said people caught shooting off the L-5 road will face the same charges they would face for shooting off any road in a residential area, including discharging a firearm in public.

Moses said Ramdass was very close to their large family. He moved to the U.S. from Guyana, just before Hurricane Andrew in 1992, and spent many years selling items at the Swap Shop.

“I have so many cousins but this one hits close to home,” Moses said. “He always made the point to touch base with everyone so I can’t believe he’s not here.”

Authorities ask anyone who was near the Holey Land Wildlife Management Area last night between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. and may have information is asked to call the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office Violent Crimes Division at 561-688-3000 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-458-8477.


http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/palm- ... story.html
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

User avatar
czharry
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 7782
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:16 pm
Location: Homestead

Re: Bubbas: Know your back-stop

Post by czharry » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:17 am

On last night's news, one of the guys said they heard about 15 shots in the distance.
.
There's a storm coming.

User avatar
870Mike
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 4734
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:32 pm
Location: Broward (Da 'Hood)

Re: Bubbas: Know your back-stop

Post by 870Mike » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:54 pm

czharry wrote:On last night's news, one of the guys said they heard about 15 shots in the distance.
That sucks donkey balls. You go out fishing and some neck-beard takes your life without evening knowing it... [smilie=014.gif]
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

User avatar
ParishM
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 5532
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:56 pm
Location: Pembroke Pines

Re: Bubbas: Know your back-stop

Post by ParishM » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:56 am

when the NYPD cops opened fire on Alexander Bonds the guy who killed
the female cop they hit a bystander in the stomach.
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something.

LastRites
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2381
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:40 am
Location: Boca Raton

Re: Bubbas: Know your back-stop

Post by LastRites » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:30 am

ParishM wrote:when the NYPD cops opened fire on Alexander Bonds the guy who killed
the female cop they hit a bystander in the stomach.
Can't you do better than that then just a lame attempt to stir the sh!t pot? [smilie=042.gif]

User avatar
Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2704
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:52 am
Location: Zephyrhills, FL

Re: Bubbas: Know your back-stop

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:56 am

The NYPD were in a gun fight. Bubba was fighting a deer. If you don't know the difference, you shouldn't be allowed to possess a firearm.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

User avatar
flashooter22
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:40 pm
Location: Palm Beach county

Re: Bubbas: Know your back-stop

Post by flashooter22 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:31 am

Bubba was not even doing that, it is not deer season. Most likely was a couple kids target shooting out there.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - H.L. Mencken

philasteen
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:39 am
Location: Plantation

Re: Bubbas: Know your back-stop

Post by philasteen » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:59 am

I bet not kids, but a felon with a gun or an illegal who couldn't go to a real range.

User avatar
madman
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2659
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:47 pm
Location: Palm Beach

Re: Bubbas: Know your back-stop

Post by madman » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:57 am

A newbie who doesn't realize how far boolits can fly. Chances are, they know they killed someone by now and will have to live with it. [smilie=042.gif]
Last edited by madman on Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"The Constitution cannot defend itself. It is the duty of the People to defend it."
-Robert L. Schulz

User avatar
photohause
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2773
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: Indian River County

Re: Bubbas: Know your back-stop

Post by photohause » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:31 pm

Probably a strange from Pops Range. Rut Roe
What new gun my dear, this old thing?

jollymon32
Executive Member
Executive Member
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:39 pm
Location: Broward county

Re: Bubbas: Know your back-stop

Post by jollymon32 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:13 pm

LastRites wrote:
ParishM wrote:when the NYPD cops opened fire on Alexander Bonds the guy who killed
the female cop they hit a bystander in the stomach.
Can't you do better than that then just a lame attempt to stir the sh!t pot? [smilie=042.gif]
Parish is anti-cop. Most of his posts are cop bashing posts. Don't know if there is an 'Ignore' feature on this forum, if there is I would ignore all his posts.

Here is a new acronym CHPDNR (Cop Hating Post, Did Not Read).

User avatar
FSUnoles
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 1691
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:22 pm
Location: Broward

Re: Bubbas: Know your back-stop

Post by FSUnoles » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:24 pm

jollymon32 wrote:
LastRites wrote:
ParishM wrote:when the NYPD cops opened fire on Alexander Bonds the guy who killed
the female cop they hit a bystander in the stomach.
Can't you do better than that then just a lame attempt to stir the sh!t pot? [smilie=042.gif]
Parish is anti-cop. Most All of his posts are cop bashing posts. Don't know if there is an 'Ignore' feature on this forum, if there is I would ignore all his posts.

Here is a new acronym CHPDNR (Cop Hating Post, Did Not Read).
Fixed it for you. He's an oxygen thief.

User avatar
Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2704
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:52 am
Location: Zephyrhills, FL

Re: Bubbas: Know your back-stop

Post by Cardboard_killer » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:42 pm

jollymon32 wrote:
LastRites wrote:Parish is anti-cop. Most of his posts are cop bashing posts. Don't know if there is an 'Ignore' feature on this forum, if there is I would ignore all his posts.
I view police activity with a skeptical eye (that's the point of the 2nd amendment folks), but to compare the two accidental shootings is just asinine. If he has a political axe to grind, that post did not advance his cause.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

User avatar
ParishM
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 5532
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:56 pm
Location: Pembroke Pines

Re: Bubbas: Know your back-stop

Post by ParishM » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:52 pm

jollymon32 wrote: Parish is anti-cop. Most of his posts are cop bashing posts. Don't know if there is an 'Ignore' feature on this forum, if there is I would ignore all his posts.

Here is a new acronym CHPDNR (Cop Hating Post, Did Not Read).


i fail to see why posting current news stories about dirty corrupt cops
killing unarmed people is considered "cop bashing" ! i don't make the
stories up, they're national news. if you are so in love with cops that
you can't see that cops are getting arrested almost every single day
for lies, corruption, planting evidence, dealing drugs, murder, rape,
child porn, etc. than that's your problem. police departments have
paid over $1 BILLION in wrongful death, false arrest, and every sort
of civil rights violations you can imagine in the last 10 years.

everyone on this forum sees the same stories about cops in the news
that i do but never post them in fear of being labeled anti cop !

i don't hate cops, i hate the corruption and the fact that they pretty
much get away with murder ! the system is broken when a cop gets
probation or 1yr for raping a minor ! cops have the highest rate of
domestic violence and abuse than any other job and that's an FBI
statistic !

if the admins want me to stop posting anything about cops i will but
that wont stop any of the stories from happening !
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something.

User avatar
n0rlf
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2234
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:43 pm
Location: Tennessee. Finally

Re: Bubbas: Know your back-stop

Post by n0rlf » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:38 am

ParishM wrote:
jollymon32 wrote: Parish is anti-cop. Most of his posts are cop bashing posts. Don't know if there is an 'Ignore' feature on this forum, if there is I would ignore all his posts.

Here is a new acronym CHPDNR (Cop Hating Post, Did Not Read).


i fail to see why posting current news stories about dirty corrupt cops
killing unarmed people is considered "cop bashing" ! i don't make the
stories up, they're national news. if you are so in love with cops that
you can't see that cops are getting arrested almost every single day
for lies, corruption, planting evidence, dealing drugs, murder, rape,
child porn, etc. than that's your problem. police departments have
paid over $1 BILLION in wrongful death, false arrest, and every sort
of civil rights violations you can imagine in the last 10 years.

everyone on this forum sees the same stories about cops in the news
that i do but never post them in fear of being labeled anti cop !

i don't hate cops, i hate the corruption and the fact that they pretty
much get away with murder ! the system is broken when a cop gets
probation or 1yr for raping a minor ! cops have the highest rate of
domestic violence and abuse than any other job and that's an FBI
statistic !

if the admins want me to stop posting anything about cops i will but
that wont stop any of the stories from happening !
Yes there are bad cops. Just like any other group. More then other groups? Could be. Point is not that it happens rather your obsession in that all cops are bad.

You have posted thing bashing cops and at times the facts of the story turn out to be different. Assuming the worse every time is a horrible way to go through life.

This is perhaps just not the best audience for continuous posts about how cops are bad, and cost billions. This is a gun board or at least it was.

You would perhaps find a more receiving audience on some different forums. Try Reddit. As for the admins asking you stop posting cop bashing items that is there call. There are a bunch of folks that would appreciate it though I am sure.

Keep in mind that part of that problem is the absurd law suits and settlements happening these days. Most of those people should not be getting any settlement and should rather find a way to pay society back for the time off public resources dealing with the issue in the first place

No one here will argue against cops being held to at least the same standards as anyone else. Commit a crime they should pay the price.

As for corruption well damn son!, It is the govment after all. Work towards changing it. It would be better to spend the time and energy to make change rather than while, cry, and moan about it all the time.

Now as this is a gun board give us your views on departments choice of issues firearms? Should departments be in bed with manufacturers or allow officers to choose the tool they like and are proficient with?

Perhaps then they could shoot and not hit innocent people in the process.
Remember:
2 truths in life
It is easier to seek forgiveness than permission!
Always drink upstream from the herd!

User avatar
photohause
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2773
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:08 pm
Location: Indian River County

Re: Bubbas: Know your back-stop

Post by photohause » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:11 am

I still say it came from Pop's...maybe there were cops shooting there
What new gun my dear, this old thing?

User avatar
Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2704
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:52 am
Location: Zephyrhills, FL

Re: Bubbas: Know your back-stop

Post by Cardboard_killer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:05 am

n0rlf wrote:Keep in mind that part of that problem is the absurd law suits and settlements happening these days. Most of those people should not be getting any settlement and should rather find a way to pay society back for the time off public resources dealing with the issue in the first place
I'd say the problem has to do with the cost of attorneys. It's cheaper to pay up front than it is to hold out because the cost of the attorney fees is so much that even when you win the case you'll spend more money on your attorney than if you just pay the guy off. If the case gets to court, then its a jury of the plaintiffs peers that make the decision on what's fair. As they should.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

User avatar
firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4543
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Tampa Bay Area

Re: Bubbas: Know your back-stop

Post by firemedic2000 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:31 pm

Just out of curiosity. If LEO caught the person that fired this shot and even though it was an accident.

What do you think would/should happen to him. Would they be charged with a crime of some sorts.

Do any of you here think because the person that fired that shot should they be charged with a crime because they fired without knowing where the bullet would go and there was a chance it might accidentally hit a person or a person they were not aiming at. An innocient person.

I think this is what ParishM was try to convey in his post in reference to the NYPD shooting.
They both were accidents so would one be charged with a crime and the other not.

As far as us doing something to change things. Good luck with that. Change must come from within the rank and file of command.

If it was an accident as I strongly believe it was. There's a chance the shooter/shooters did not know what happened till they heard about it on the news. You never know. Even then knowing that you might go to jail for many years for an accident.

As ParishM was trying to state with the difference of the accidental shooting with NYPD no charges filed.

I do not see his post as cop bashing but as a reference between the two. Circumstances does not matter. What does is the end result. Accidental shooting and possible outcome of such shooting.

Honestly what would you do. If you knew you'd more than likely spend time in jail for this that others doing the same thing would not.

Remember you do not have the law on your side and taxpayer's dollars to payoff who ever to make this go away.

So yeah the people that were shooting probably don't know who actually shot the guy. If more than one was shooting. Yes they feel horrible I bet because it was an accident. I also bet they are terrified to. Because again they know they probably are going to jail if they turn themselves in.

Be a good citizen turn your selves in and claim responsibility for this. Then go to jail. Kind if black and white here isn't it. What ywould you guys do. Let do a poll. One thing is for certain. The press will turn you into some kind of crazied gun nut lunitic.
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

User avatar
Cardboard_killer
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2704
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:52 am
Location: Zephyrhills, FL

Re: Bubbas: Know your back-stop

Post by Cardboard_killer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:49 pm

firemedic2000 wrote:Just out of curiosity. If LEO caught the person that fired this shot and even though it was an accident.

What do you think would/should happen to him. Would they be charged with a crime of some sorts.
Yes, involuntary manslaughter I think.
firemedic2000 wrote:They both were accidents so would one be charged with a crime and the other not.
Yes, because there are circumstances that are different. One is criminal negligence the other is not.
firemedic2000 wrote:If it was an accident as I strongly believe it was. There's a chance the shooter/shooters did not know what happened till they heard about it on the news. You never know. Even then knowing that you might go to jail for many years for an accident.
If it wasn't an accident then it is simply murder 1.
firemedic2000 wrote:As ParishM was trying to state with the difference of the accidental shooting with NYPD no charges filed.
Yes, because one is criminal negligence and the other isn't.
firemedic2000 wrote:I do not see his post as cop bashing but as a reference between the two. Circumstances does not matter. What does is the end result. Accidental shooting and possible outcome of such shooting.
I have no idea what the point is, but I assure you that in a court of law circumstances matter
.
firemedic2000 wrote:Honestly what would you do. If you knew you'd more than likely spend time in jail for this that others doing the same thing would not.
You are equating a criminal act with a non-criminal act. They are in no way equal acts. If I fucked up and shot someone because I was criminally negligent, I hope that I would turn myself in. I cannot say I would for sure, because it's easy to take the high road when it's an academic discussion. But I will say this, if I didn't turn myself in I would deserve the approbation of society.
firemedic2000 wrote:Remember you do not have the law on your side and taxpayer's dollars to payoff who ever to make this go away.
The law is not on anyone's side, that's why justice is blind. And again, you are equating two different acts that are not equal, neither legally nor morally.
Brian
Early Merging Causes Traffic Jams

User avatar
firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4543
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: Tampa Bay Area

Re: Bubbas: Know your back-stop

Post by firemedic2000 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:36 pm

Cardboard_killer wrote:
firemedic2000 wrote:Just out of curiosity. If LEO caught the person that fired this shot and even though it was an accident.

What do you think would/should happen to him. Would they be charged with a crime of some sorts.
Yes, involuntary manslaughter I think.
firemedic2000 wrote:They both were accidents so would one be charged with a crime and the other not.
Yes, because there are circumstances that are different. One is criminal negligence the other is not.
I disagree with you with you on this one. Shooting at a suspect and hitting an innocient by stander. As an officer you are responsible to know what's behind your target before firing. You cannot just shoot up everyone around a suspect. That's neglect if you do.

firemedic2000 wrote:If it was an accident as I strongly believe it was. There's a chance the shooter/shooters did not know what happened till they heard about it on the news. You never know. Even then knowing that you might go to jail for many years for an accident.
If it wasn't an accident then it is simply murder 1.
firemedic2000 wrote:As ParishM was trying to state with the difference of the accidental shooting with NYPD no charges filed.
Yes, because one is criminal negligence and the other isn't.
Again I disagree if you as a LEO start shooting without taking into consideration the innocient people around suspect and that you will hit them if you miss suspect. What do you call that. I call that criminal neglect and also common sense that you do not fire.

firemedic2000 wrote:I do not see his post as cop bashing but as a reference between the two. Circumstances does not matter. What does is the end result. Accidental shooting and possible outcome of such shooting.
I have no idea what the point is, but I assure you that in a court of law circumstances matter
.
firemedic2000 wrote:Honestly what would you do. If you knew you'd more than likely spend time in jail for this that others doing the same thing would not.
You are equating a criminal act with a non-criminal act. They are in no way equal acts. If I fucked up and shot someone because I was criminally negligent, I hope that I would turn myself in. I cannot say I would for sure, because it's easy to take the high road when it's an academic discussion. But I will say this, if I didn't turn myself in I would deserve the approbation of society.
Again I disagree with you. A badge does not make it not a criminal act when they shoot an innocient person because they act out of neglect or in this case an accident. Both were accidents. Just different circumstances.
firemedic2000 wrote:Remember you do not have the law on your side and taxpayer's dollars to payoff who ever to make this go away.
The law is not on anyone's side, that's why justice is blind. And again, you are equating two different acts that are not equal, neither legally nor morally.
Justice is not blind I have seen and members here have seen sentences handed down here for crimes committed by government officials and LEOs that were absolutely ridiculous. That did not in no way fit the crime. That if it were you or I the punishment would have been more severe than they received. Justice is not blind it is biase


But we can go back an forth all day on this and neither one of us will give on this subject. Because what you believe and I do differ greatly. I'll just respect your belief and let go at that.
Debating will not accomplish anything.

Oh and one more thing. I'm not bashing LEOs I have the utmost respect for most if them. Before I retired from Fire Rescue if need be I would have sacrificed anything to save an officers life if they were injuried. As a matter of fact I was awarded a certificate just for that by Hillsborough County SO for going into a swamp after two deputies who's copter crashed several years ago.
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

Post Reply