Crytocurrency

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
revelation
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Crytocurrency

Post by revelation » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:43 am

Gregh181 wrote:I've made $500 and started about a week ago. This is no fad
If you don't mind me asking, did you make one investment or are you dollar cost averaging like a stock?
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:35 am

revelation wrote:
If you don't mind me asking, did you make one investment or are you dollar cost averaging like a stock?
I've made several so far. Dash is what I made the $ from. I bought 550 shares or whatever you call it for Golum at .25 cents. 12 ethereum shares and 10 litecoin shares as well. I may not sure yet invest in Ripple as well

Lite coin has made a jump from $28 to $45 or so. Waiting for it break past $50. It's my pump and dump to help finance better buys
Last edited by Gregh181 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:54 am

Gentleman if we can can we please keep this to questions about interest and advice for cryptos

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

revelation
Life Member
Life Member

Post by revelation » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:09 am

Gregh181 wrote:Gentleman if we can can we please keep this to questions about interest and advice for cryptos
I don't think your remark was directed to me but I want more real people experience. Yes, I can dump dollars into GBTC with my brokerage account but I like hearing people with other things like Litecoin.
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:20 am

revelation wrote:
Gregh181 wrote:Gentleman if we can can we please keep this to questions about interest and advice for cryptos
I don't think your remark was directed to me but I want more real people experience. Yes, I can dump dollars into GBTC with my brokerage account but I like hearing people with other things like Litecoin.
It was not. I'm currently diversying quite a bit in my portofilio. I'm identified the ones I will hold and sit on and the ones I will sell off for profit.
I do tons of research now into all this. About as passionate now as I am about guns. I have a couple Reddit threads bookmarked to check 4-5 times a day on all crypto news. If one is blowing up it will tell me which one.
I'm going to be investing in Ant shares today. It's blowing up big time

NRA Benefactor Member

Jay561
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Jay561 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:33 pm

zeebaron wrote:
870Mike wrote:
Gregh181 wrote:Do you use a digital wallet? I'm confused as to how store my eth besides on coinbase.
No. I just let it sit in my CB account. Electrum or Mycelium are the most popular.
Yeah, you both are playing with fire by not keeping it in your own wallets out of an exchange. It's one of the dumbest things you can do, given the history of such enterprises going under in the Bitcoin world. I personally know people who have lost (what is now) hundreds of thousands of dollars because they were complacent in this manner.
So much has been lost like this it isnt even funny. Get a hard wallet ASAP.

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:52 pm

It's as much of a fad as collecting Beanie Babies. Read Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds
http://www.cmi-gold-silver.com/pdf/mack ... 4518-8.pdf
A number of people became very, very rich from the fads examined in this book. But far more lost every cent they put in because there was little or no inherent value in comparison to the prices they paid. When they ran out of fools to sell it to the bubble burst and the price went to close to zero. If you want to invest and, rightly, think that saving $ is a dead end then buy stocks - index based mutual funds if you don't want to devote your life to it, or income producing real estate, both assuming your investment isn't at bubble prices itself.

Cryptocurrency Is A Bubble
Intelligent Investing
Ideas from Forbes Investor Team
Clem Chambers, Contributor

https://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/2 ... 679f7033b1
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:40 pm

jjk308 wrote:
It's as much of a fad as collecting Beanie Babies. Read Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds
http://www.cmi-gold-silver.com/pdf/mack ... 4518-8.pdf
A number of people became very, very rich from the fads examined in this book. But far more lost every cent they put in because there was little or no inherent value in comparison to the prices they paid. When they ran out of fools to sell it to the bubble burst and the price went to close to zero. If you want to invest and, rightly, think that saving $ is a dead end then buy stocks - index based mutual funds if you don't want to devote your life to it, or income producing real estate, both assuming your investment isn't at bubble prices itself.

Cryptocurrency Is A Bubble
Intelligent Investing
Ideas from Forbes Investor Team
Clem Chambers, Contributor

https://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/2 ... 679f7033b1
Cool story. I made $40 in index funds in 2 weeks and $500 in 2 weeks doing crypto in the same amount of time
I'll invest every single time In something that gives me a chance to make a small fortune.

NRA Benefactor Member

Jay561
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Jay561 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:30 am

Are you guys still holding with this craziness that's about to begin?

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:35 pm

If you're not in this for the crazy, then you're playing poker with scared money.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:30 pm

Jay561 wrote:Are you guys still holding with this craziness that's about to begin?
I am holding certain ones yes. It will stabilize in a month or so

NRA Benefactor Member

Jay561
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Jay561 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:41 pm

Gregh181 wrote:
Jay561 wrote:Are you guys still holding with this craziness that's about to begin?
I am holding certain ones yes. It will stabilize in a month or so
Poker face.

I've bought at 9, sold around 14.

Bought at 400 sold at 500.

The movement on bitcoin gave me heartburn.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:08 pm

I've countered my strategy. I invest in coins now that give me the biggest cash gain. Coins that are worth a cent or less

NRA Benefactor Member

ParishM
Life Member
Life Member

Post by ParishM » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:33 am

Bitcoin Crashes as Chain-Split Risks Increase

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin ... s-increase

Bitcoin fell below $1,900 today, from around $2,600, as the fast approaching August 1st deadline nears, seemingly considerably increasing uncertainty among traders and investors.

The currency has been experiencing a downtrend for much of June and July, falling from around $3,000 to just above $1,900 at the time of writing, with the downwards price movement seemingly accelerating in the past few days.

The main reason is probably because the currency’s more than two years long debate is to reach a conclusion on August the 1st when bitcoiners decide which way they are to go and how.

The picture is complex and confusing with many clients vying for the bitcoin brand, but they can largely be classified under the small blocks and big blocks umbrella with a third, middle of the way, segwit2x “compromise.”

On the small blocks end, there is Bitcoin Core and UASF which aim to activate segwit, but their relationship to segwit2x is not clear, with some suggestions they may be incompatible and might chain-split, while others suggest they would be in consensus.
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something.

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:30 am

No one was responsible for the great Wall Street crash. No one engineered the speculation that preceded it. Both were the product of the free choice and decisions of thousands of individuals. The latter were not lead to the slaughter. They were impelled to it by the seminal lunacy which has always seized people who are seized in turn with the notion that they can become very rich.
John Kenneth Galbraith, The Great Crash, 1929

Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing for something.
Wilson Mizner

Part of it went on gambling, and part of it went on women. The rest I spent foolishly.
George Raft

[smilie=011.gif]

BTW I am sure that those who lose big on this are going to be very, very quiet.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:55 am

ParishM wrote:Bitcoin Crashes as Chain-Split Risks Increase

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin ... s-increase

Bitcoin fell below $1,900 today, from around $2,600, as the fast approaching August 1st deadline nears, seemingly considerably increasing uncertainty among traders and investors.

The currency has been experiencing a downtrend for much of June and July, falling from around $3,000 to just above $1,900 at the time of writing, with the downwards price movement seemingly accelerating in the past few days.

The main reason is probably because the currency’s more than two years long debate is to reach a conclusion on August the 1st when bitcoiners decide which way they are to go and how.

The picture is complex and confusing with many clients vying for the bitcoin brand, but they can largely be classified under the small blocks and big blocks umbrella with a third, middle of the way, segwit2x “compromise.”

On the small blocks end, there is Bitcoin Core and UASF which aim to activate segwit, but their relationship to segwit2x is not clear, with some suggestions they may be incompatible and might chain-split, while others suggest they would be in consensus.
These articles are stupid. Bitcoin has already hit $2100 again a day later

NRA Benefactor Member

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:29 pm

Gregh181 wrote:These articles are stupid. Bitcoin has already hit $2100 again a day later
Yep. It's a wild ride and tough to predict. If a gnat farts in Zimbabwe, the price could sky-rocket.

I'll bet everyone thought Warren Buffet was nuts when he released BRK-A on 6/1/90 @ $7100/share...
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:14 am

Well...Bitcoin is at $3422 this morning. Glad I didn't listen to you naysayers! [smilie=011.gif]
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:50 am

870Mike wrote:Well...Bitcoin is at $3422 this morning. Glad I didn't listen to you naysayers! [smilie=011.gif]
SELL! For payment in a fiat currency backed by a well armed state enforcing legal tender laws! [smilie=011.gif]

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:42 am

SE FL gunshow calendar: http://goo.gl/g0HdM

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand