Crytocurrency

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Crytocurrency

Post by Gregh181 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:39 pm

870Mike wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:49 pm
Gregh181 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:02 pm
Gregh181 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:25 am
Well I invested in the trigger token. If it reaches $10 a coin I'll have made $50k
This coin actually did reach $9 a couple weeks ago. However I invested 25k into ethlend about a month ago when it was 2 cents. I’m already over a million in profit and looking at a very real 5-10 million in the next few months.
:-k Ethlend is @ $0.27 now. If you purchased at $0.02, you'd be @ $337.5k...or is my math wrong? :-k (regardless, good for you! =D> )
No your right I also have other coins as well though
Make Peace or Die - 1st Battalion/5th Marines - Machine Gunner

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:43 am

SELL!

This has reached the height of lunacy, with Venezuela and its "Petro". Now its gone beyond that with one designed for bicycle rentals! A Singapore bicycle share company, oBike is selling "oCoins" that its customers can use to pay. That kinda makes sense - more than Bitcoin - but at best it's just a pre-paid debit card. At worst a vehicle for more speculation.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Waldo1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Waldo1 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:05 pm

Yeah, you know its a mania when public companies do stupid s';t like this, and you know its near the peak/latter stages of the mania when public companies do stupid s';t like this and people eagerly fall for it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones ... 77ba3a7b64

Jan 15, 2018 @ 02:58 PM 4,834
The Little Black Book of Billionaire Secrets
Kodak And Long Island Ice Tea Embracing Blockchain Is Just Like Dot Com In 1999. It Didn't End Well

Chuck Jones , Contributor
I cover technology companies, worldwide economies and the stock market
Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.

Kodak and Long Island Ice Tea (now Long Blockchain Corp.) are two companies that have recently changed their names, announced that they were creating cryptocurrencies or a digital currency platform. Both of them saw their stocks jump after they revealed they were getting into digital currencies.

A collection of bitcoin, litecoin and ethereum tokens. Photographer: Chris Ratcliffe/Bloomberg

Kodak’s stock moved from $3.10 to $6.80 the first day and closed at $9.20 on Friday. Long Island Ice Tea’s stock moved from $2.44 to $6.91 and closed at $5.05 on Friday. We saw this movie during the Tech Bubble when almost any company could add dot com to its name or have an Internet offering, and it didn’t end well.
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." -Harlan Ellison

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:20 pm

SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:53 pm

If Bitcoin crashes so will the rest.
I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:30 pm

It's looking for its' level. It will end up like Gold. Stable, only fluctuating when something affects the market.
"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

BoerBoelGuy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by BoerBoelGuy » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:21 pm

AKA "Loandr."

dammitgriff

Crytocurrency

Post by dammitgriff » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:22 pm

Bitcoin has dipped below $8K.
Big sell-off, and guess where a lot of the investors are parking their money? Yep, GOLD.
Buying physical gold skips the middleman, because you don’t actually own it if you can’t hold it in your hands.
Who honestly believes a digital currency is safe from hackers anywhere, at any time?
Parting shot: big banks would love to go 100% digital and track your every purchase...and to deny you your funds in the event of a major economic meltdown. (Have you forgotten what happened in Greece? The banks refused access to account holders’ money and even raided deposit boxes during their “bail-in”.)
It’s not about convenience—it’s about control: theirs over you (and your money).
R/Griff

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:25 am

Anybody else do bitcoin mining? I’d love to network locally

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one - Benjamin Franklin

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:37 pm

Gregh181 wrote:Anybody else do bitcoin mining? I’d love to network locally
Greg, it’s my understanding that mining crypto currency is very power-heavy.
Whole villages in Russia have networked together to mine digital currencies with the added benefit of heating their houses.
The SEC is pushing to regulate crypto currencies as a commodity, which has acted to pressure prices down.
If I had extra cash sitting around, I’d buy gold coins and bullion. The weakening dollar and eventual currency collapse will push gold and other precious metal prices quite a bit higher than we see today. Check out this recent article from Peter Schiff:
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/03/mac ... uch-worse/
R/Griff

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:48 am

dammitgriff wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:37 pm

If I had extra cash sitting around, I’d buy gold coins and bullion. The weakening dollar and eventual currency collapse will push gold and other precious metal prices quite a bit higher than we see today. Check out this recent article from Peter Schiff:
R/Griff
Folks on lewrockwell.com have predicted 30 of the last ZERO currency collapses. [smilie=011.gif]

If you are worried about inflation or hyperinflation then invest in something people will need regardless. They can't eat, drink or keep warm in gold and would have to find a buyer for it. Plus commodity prices are notoriously unstable and gold and silver are no exceptions.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:15 pm

I actually have 9 mining rigs up and running now. About 100-200k a year depending on price of bitcoin

I want to get more rigs just don’t have any more space. Defin willing to pay for space though for it

NRA Benefactor Member

dammitgriff

Crytocurrency

Post by dammitgriff » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:20 pm

jjk308 wrote:
dammitgriff wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:37 pm

R/Griff
Folks on lewrockwell.com have predicted 30 of the last ZERO currency collapses. [smilie=011.gif]

If you are worried about inflation or hyperinflation then invest in something people will need regardless. They can't eat, drink or keep warm in gold and would have to find a buyer for it. Plus commodity prices are notoriously unstable and gold and silver are no exceptions.
Schiff correctly predicted the timing of the housing crash in 2007-8.
Folks who read LRC.com every day are not your average Boobus Americanuses who trust every word out of D.C. and the MSM.
R/Griff

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:22 pm

Gregh181 wrote:I actually have 9 mining rigs up and running now. About 100-200k a year depending on price of bitcoin

I want to get more rigs just don’t have any more space. Defin willing to pay for space though for it
Had no idea you were that invested in time and equipment for crypto mining, apologies offered...I’m just gonna sit down and stay quiet now.

Gregh181
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gregh181 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:24 pm

All good. I trade and mine now. Used crypto profits to fund bout 80k worth of mining equipment.

NRA Benefactor Member

jjk308
Life Member
Life Member

Post by jjk308 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:51 pm

dammitgriff wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:20 pm
Schiff correctly predicted the timing of the housing crash in 2007-8.
Folks who read LRC.com every day are not your average Boobus Americanuses who trust every word out of D.C. and the MSM.
R/Griff
I predicted it too, advised a couple friends not to buy. Tried to get my wife to agree on selling our house for some insane amount but she refused. We did make a decent amount buying a gulfside condo after the crash.

Currency collapses are very different from bubbles like the housing mess. Cryptocurrencies aren't a government backed currency but are more like the housing bubble or the Dutch Tulip craze on steroids because there's nothing there. You can't even live in a bitcoin for a few years while the bank tries to foreclose, or plant the bulbs for a nice colorful flower garden.
[smilie=011.gif]

dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:17 pm

I feel ya, jjk...true, what you say, when folks just have a house for assets.
Some have additional financial resources and for them, money markets and bonds and the banks is the least desirable place to park the extra cash.
There’s a reason gold is considered a safe haven in uncertain times. It’s been used as a store of wealth for over 5,000 years. Sure wish I had some of it!