Cops Drag Man off United Flight

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Cops Drag Man off United Flight

Post by N4KVE » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:45 pm

Meanwhile the doctor received a payout from United. They're not saying how much, but I'm sure it was huge. Of course, it has a clause where the details will remain sealed, but this will change the industry so it does not happen again. I was once bumped from an Air Canada flight, & when I complained, they promptly bought me a ticket on Delta, that took off 30 minutes later. GARY

ParishM
Life Member
Life Member

Post by ParishM » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:47 pm

N4KVE wrote:Meanwhile the doctor received a payout from United. They're not saying how much, but I'm sure it was huge. Of course, it has a clause where the details will remain sealed, but this will change the industry so it does not happen again. I was once bumped from an Air Canada flight, & when I complained, they promptly bought me a ticket on Delta, that took off 30 minutes later. GARY

and they could have done the same thing for the four employees if it was
that important !
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something.

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:40 pm

ParishM wrote:
N4KVE wrote:Meanwhile the doctor received a payout from United. They're not saying how much, but I'm sure it was huge. Of course, it has a clause where the details will remain sealed, but this will change the industry so it does not happen again. I was once bumped from an Air Canada flight, & when I complained, they promptly bought me a ticket on Delta, that took off 30 minutes later. GARY

and they could have done the same thing for the four employees if it was that important !
IIRC, that was the last UA flight from ORD to Louisville for that day. I don't think they could have deadheaded a UA crew on a competitive airline. I'm not sure if they could have bought tickets on other airlines, *if* any were still going ORD-->Louisville that evening. And the crew had to be there by morning to operate on other UA flights from Louisville.

ParishM
Life Member
Life Member

Post by ParishM » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:03 pm

seems like they waited until the last minute to fix a screw up !

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:30 pm

FfNJGTFO wrote:
ParishM wrote:

and they could have done the same thing for the four employees if it was that important !
IIRC, that was the last UA flight from ORD to Louisville for that day. I don't think they could have deadheaded a UA crew on a competitive airline. I'm not sure if they could have bought tickets on other airlines, *if* any were still going ORD-->Louisville that evening. And the crew had to be there by morning to operate on other UA flights from Louisville.
They could have chartered a private aircraft for a few grand thart would have gotten all employees there without bumping anyone if it was that important. It certainly would have been cheaper than this settlement.
Libertas aut mortis!

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:08 pm

Cloaked Dagger wrote:
FfNJGTFO wrote:
ParishM wrote:

They could have chartered a private aircraft for a few grand thart would have gotten all employees there without bumping anyone if it was that important. It certainly would have been cheaper than this settlement.
Yes, it would.

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:45 pm

ParishM wrote:

and they could have done the same thing for the four employees if it was
that important !
But they know most people are pushovers.

ParishM
Life Member
Life Member

Post by ParishM » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:03 pm

Two Officers Are Fired for Dragging Doctor Off a United Flight

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/airpl ... ht-n811546

Three of the Chicago law enforcement officers involved in dragging a Louisville doctor off a United Airlines’ flight in April are no longer on the job, officials revealed Tuesday.

Chicago’s Inspector General Joseph Ferguson said an officer and an Aviation Security sergeant were fired, a third officer resigned and another received a five-day suspension — which was shorted to two days on appeal — for their involvement in the “violent forcible removal” of Dr. David Dao.

The report did not reveal the identities of the officers.

Ferguson’s report says that the use of “excessive force” caused Dao to break his nose, lose two teeth and sustain a concussion, and noted that the security officer who pulled Dao from the flight broke department policy when he “escalated a nonthreatening situation into a physically violent one.”

Dao refused to leave his Chicago-to-Louisville flight after he was told by United Airlines officials that his seat was needed for a crew member working a connecting route. Security officers surrounded his seat shortly thereafter.

A cellphone video that captured the bloody ordeal went viral, as the 69-year-old doctor can be seen being dragged along the narrow aisle floor by a security officer. Other passengers can be heard expressing their horror.

The distressing situation caused United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz to issue a public apology and open an investigation into the matter, amid a growing public relations nightmare for the airline giant.

Dao and United Airlines reached an "amicable settlement" in late April.

In Tuesday’s report, Ferguson also revealed that two security officers tried to cover for each other. He said one officer “made misleading statements in two reports” and the other “made material omissions in a report.”

The Chicago Department of Aviation said that it would review the Aviation Security Division’s policies and procedures. That review is expected to be completed by the first quarter of 2018.