Wow, does our state government suck dick or what?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector
Life Member
Life Member

Wow, does our state government suck dick or what?

Post by tector » Wed May 16, 2018 10:04 am

http://sunshinestatenews.com/story/mari ... reme-court

They are plainly trying to obstruct a voter approved Constitutional amendment AND want a cancer patient to suffer while they conduct their bullshit legal maneuvers.

May all the bureaucrats involved suffer the most painful cancer deaths possible (a fate I have witnessed first-hand with my father).

When this kind of statist bullshit is considered the legitimate sphere of government, you know you have a sick society.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

Skoll

Re: Wow, does our state government suck dick or what?

Post by Skoll » Wed May 16, 2018 10:49 am

The Fed just needs to legalize and tax this s';t already.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Wed May 16, 2018 10:53 am

If you told any of the Founders that, someday, the government could tell you what plant you could (or couldn't) grow for your own personal use, they would wonder why the f/;k they even bothered.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

Dr. Dickie
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dr. Dickie » Wed May 16, 2018 11:27 am

tector wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:53 am
If you told any of the Founders that, someday, the government could tell you what plant you could (or couldn't) grow for your own personal use, they would wonder why the f/;k they even bothered.
Yep. The war on people in the name of drugs is like one of the 7 signs of tyrannical government.
Repeal the 17th Amendment, let’s put America back to the Republic the founding fathers intended!

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Wed May 16, 2018 4:36 pm

The Florida government's refusal to honor the medical cannabis amendment is part of the reason there is now a petition circulating to completely legalize cannabis.

http://www.floridafreedomgroup.com/inde ... why-yespdf
Libertas aut mortis!

UnderdogII

Post by UnderdogII » Wed May 16, 2018 4:55 pm

Cloaked Dagger wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:36 pm
The Florida government's refusal to honor the medical cannabis amendment is part of the reason there is now a petition circulating to completely legalize cannabis.

You want recreational Marijuana on the ballot, thats how you get
recreational Marijuana on the ballot.

And democratic governor with the voter turnout.

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Wed May 16, 2018 5:02 pm

Skoll wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:49 am
This....
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

bmup
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bmup » Wed May 16, 2018 5:26 pm

molivo wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:02 pm
Skoll wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:49 am
This....
Probably the only "Common Ground" we have with our liberal counterparts... may they rot in hell... [smilie=011.gif]
Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.
-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Wed May 16, 2018 7:40 pm

UnderdogII wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:55 pm
Cloaked Dagger wrote:

Recreational cannabis, yes please. Democrat governor, no thank you.
Libertas aut mortis!

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Wed May 16, 2018 7:48 pm

Cloaked Dagger wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:40 pm
UnderdogII wrote:
Cloaked Dagger wrote:

But even if FL approved it for *both* recreational and medical usage, it would still be a problem since it's still Schedule I on the Federal list. You;d still have 4473 issues, no?

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Wed May 16, 2018 8:16 pm

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:48 pm
Cloaked Dagger wrote:
UnderdogII wrote:
Cloaked Dagger wrote:

But even if FL approved it for *both* recreational and medical usage, it would still be a problem since it's still Schedule I on the Federal list. You;d still have 4473 issues, no?
You wouldn't be able to get a CCW here either. My friends father just ran into that problem because he uses it medically.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted.”

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Post by dieselbeef » Wed May 16, 2018 8:35 pm

I had no problem getting it for my wifes cancer
im the other gary...

"The right and the decision to carry a weapon for your own defense is a horrible blessing".

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Thu May 17, 2018 8:36 am

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Cloaked Dagger wrote:
UnderdogII wrote:
Cloaked Dagger wrote:

The feds need to change too yes but this thread is about the state government and state law. Personally I don’t smoke pot so it’s not a issue for me, but I still don’t think it should be criminalized the way it is.

The way things are going eventually they will have no choice but to finally give in the what the people obviously want and legalize it. I don’t understand why they are fighting so hard against what is clearly the desire of the people and inevitable.
Libertas aut mortis!

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Thu May 17, 2018 10:22 am

Cloaked Dagger wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:36 am
FfNJGTFO wrote:

The feds need to change too yes but this thread is about the state government and state law. Personally I don’t smoke pot so it’s not a issue for me, but I still don’t think it should be criminalized the way it is.

The way things are going eventually they will have no choice but to finally give in the what the people obviously want and legalize it. I don’t understand why they are fighting so hard against what is clearly the desire of the people and inevitable.
Because I think the govt. and TPTB (read: LE) don't want to give up their fight against it. Consider all the $$$ spent fighting it and the lives of LEOs lost in that fight. If pot were, eventually, legalized for recreational use, all of that will have been for nothing. I can see LE not giving up that fight in the name of the lives of those LEOs lost. Moreover, I think TPTB feel it will add to the problems society faces with things like alcoholism, etc. I won't debate here whether or not pot is truly a "gateway" drug... I don't know for sure. But I'm thinking that they're estimating the added cost of crime (acruiring $$$ to buy the drugs) or Motor Vehicle/Traffic issues (DUIs, accidents, etc.) is too great to risk allowing legalization. I guess we'd have to estimate how much "increased" use would happen if it were legalized as opposed to how much use is occurring with it still being "illegal" and, therefore, any increased risk of those crime/MVA factors.

Like you, I don't smoke it (nor anything else), so it would also not be an issue for me. But if pot (or the CBD derivatives) have any therapeutic value for certain illnesses/conditions (Seizures, Glaucoma, etc.), that would certainly be worth an extended look (beyond what's going on now). As for "recreational" use, AFAIC, the jury is still out. I probably would not do it "recreationally." And I'd certainly want my physician to justify in clear, concise detail the therapeutic benefits of it for whatever future illness I may have, and having ruled out other alternative treatments. But I don't see myself using pot for any purpose until its federal schedule status changes, and probably not thereafter, either.

Skoll

Post by Skoll » Thu May 17, 2018 10:24 am

Cloaked Dagger wrote:
FfNJGTFO wrote:
Cloaked Dagger wrote:
UnderdogII wrote:

I don’t understand why they are fighting so hard against what is clearly the desire of the people and inevitable.
Probably because in their arrogance, they relish the petty display of power of NOT giving the people what they want. Which is ass backwards, but what can you do when most of our government is blatantly corrupt from the top down?

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Thu May 17, 2018 10:34 am

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:22 am
Cloaked Dagger wrote:
FfNJGTFO wrote:

Because I think the govt. and TPTB (read: LE) don't want to give up their fight against it. Consider all the $$$ spent fighting it and the lives of LEOs lost in that fight. If pot were, eventually, legalized for recreational use, all of that will have been for nothing. I can see LE not giving up that fight in the name of the lives of those LEOs lost. Moreover, I think TPTB feel it will add to the problems society faces with things like alcoholism, etc. I won't debate here whether or not pot is truly a "gateway" drug... I don't know for sure. But I'm thinking that they're estimating the added cost of crime (acruiring $$$ to buy the drugs) or Motor Vehicle/Traffic issues (DUIs, accidents, etc.) is too great to risk allowing legalization. I guess we'd have to estimate how much "increased" use would happen if it were legalized as opposed to how much use is occurring with it still being "illegal" and, therefore, any increased risk of those crime/MVA factors.

Like you, I don't smoke it (nor anything else), so it would also not be an issue for me. But if pot (or the CBD derivatives) have any therapeutic value for certain illnesses/conditions (Seizures, Glaucoma, etc.), that would certainly be worth an extended look (beyond what's going on now). As for "recreational" use, AFAIC, the jury is still out. I probably would not do it "recreationally." And I'd certainly want my physician to justify in clear, concise detail the therapeutic benefits of it for whatever future illness I may have, and having ruled out other alternative treatments. But I don't see myself using pot for any purpose until its federal schedule status changes, and probably not thereafter, either.
Alcohol causes far more problems though and as we learned in the 1920s and early 1930s the prohibition of alcohol causes even more problems than the alcohol itself. Well the prohibition of cannabis and other drugs is causing just as many if not more problems than the prohibition of alcohol did. In the case of cannabis legal cannabis would surely cause less problems than legal alcohol does.
Libertas aut mortis!

zeebaron
Life Member
Life Member

Post by zeebaron » Thu May 17, 2018 12:20 pm

If I needed to smoke medical pot, I would move to a more friendly state. Just saying.

There are plenty of them. No reason to suffer fighting bureaucracy.

Law enforcement still cares because some of their officers make a lot of money taking bribes from sales and trafficking.

macattack321
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by macattack321 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:50 pm

We need to keep it illegal... for the children dogs!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 270cd4b236

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Thu May 17, 2018 1:55 pm

macattack321 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:50 pm
Not that I'm going along with this argument (which I'm not), but how hard would it be to retrain the dogs for "explosives' or "cadaver" searcing???

Or, for training for the "hard stuff" (cocaine, heroin, amphetamines, etc)...?

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Thu May 17, 2018 5:32 pm

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 1:55 pm
macattack321 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 12:50 pm
Not that I'm going along with this argument (which I'm not), but how hard would it be to retrain the dogs for "explosives' or "cadaver" searcing???

Or, for training for the "hard stuff" (cocaine, heroin, amphetamines, etc)...?
They are likely already trained for the more common hard stuff in addition to weed.
Libertas aut mortis!