School shooting at Stoneman Douglas in parkland

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Re: School shooting at Stoneman Douglas in parkland

Post by 870Mike » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:07 pm

They'd be holding a parade for him today if he had capped the shooter...

"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:40 pm

"There are no extraordinary men. There are only extraordinary challenges which ordinary men are forced by circumstances to meet.''

-William ''Bull'' Halsey, Adm., USN
NRA Endowment Member
PhD from University of Hard Knocks

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:21 am

870Mike wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:11 pm
firemedic2000 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:45 pm

I want a picture also of this pos too. I want to look into the eyes of a man that turned and looked the other way. That put his life ahead of 17 children.
Thanks I can now say I've truely seen the face of a true honest to good coward. Bacause of his inactions and his ability to have made a difference. His ability to have saved lifes. The trust that was instilled to him as a protector of lifes.

Yet when that time came to protect those very lifes that he must have touched. In some way or manor every single day. Those children that did look up to him in some form or fashion as a leader. Maybe as a role model, maybe wanting to grow up to be just like him.

A LEO protecting people and enforcing laws. Maybe those same kids that told him those things. Lay there lifeless and dead because he really had no duty to act according to the SCOTUS.

Where does one in a situation like the one he was in draw a line between having no duty to act and having an obligation to act. His honor, integrity his sense of moral character. I don't know.

But one thing I do know how could a person law enforcement officer or not. Have a weapon and know that he could have saved the lifes of those children. NOT HAVE ACTED

I wonder, I really wonder if he'd have that same look on his face if he'd not been caught......hiding in fear.

You can right there in that picture alone. Can see a person who lacks courage, a grown man, a LEO who is shamefully unable to control fear and so shrinks from danger or trouble just from his expression along.

Unbelievabe that the Sheriff could not or maybe he did and just put him there with ideology of out of sight out of mind. What could possibly happen there.

Man did he get it wrong. 17 times DEAD WRONG.

Look at him guys. That's the look a person who is unable to control fear and some how was able to convince somebody to give him a badge and gun. Then stand guard over the lives of children.

If I were a parent I'd demand, I mean really demand a meeting with SRO thats been charged with protecting my child. I'd want yo look into his face, eyes and heart and see where he stands.
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:34 am

If the republicans were smart they would demand that any new gun control regulation have a duty for law enforcement to act, with harsh personal penalties for failing to, attached to it. This would kill the support from law enforcement for all those bills. It would also force the democrats to admit the police cannot protect you.
Libertas aut mortis!

ParishM
Life Member
Life Member

Post by ParishM » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:14 am

now the Coral Springs PD had outed three more BSO cowards claiming
they stood around and did not enter either. seems the only time cops
are brave is once the person is on the ground or unarmed !

Scott Israel is being called "The Coward from Broward"

Coral Springs police upset at some Broward deputies for not entering school

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics ... index.html

(CNN)When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other Broward County Sheriff's deputies were also outside the school and had not entered, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. The deputies had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles, the sources said, and not one of them had gone into the school.

With direction from the Broward deputies who were outside, Coral Springs police soon entered the building where the shooter was. New Broward County Sheriff's deputies arrived on the scene, and two of those deputies and an officer from Sunrise, Florida, joined the Coral Springs police as they went into the building.
Some Coral Springs police were stunned and upset that the four original Broward County Sheriff's deputies who were first on the scene did not appear to join them as they entered the school, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. It's unclear whether the shooter was still in the building when they arrived.

What these Coral Springs officers observed -- though not their feelings about it -- will be released in a report, likely next week. Sources cautioned that tapes are currently being reviewed and official accounts could ultimately differ from recollections of officers on the scene.

The resentment among Coral Springs officials toward Broward County officials about what they perceived to be a dereliction of duty may have reached a boiling point at a vigil the night of February 15, where, in front of dozens of others, Coral Springs City Manager Mike Goodrum confronted Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel. A source familiar with the conversation tells CNN that Goodrum was upset that the Broward deputies had remained outside the school while kids inside could have been bleeding out, among other reasons.
Goodrum said in a statement to CNN, "Given the horrific events of that day emotions were running high and the sheriff and I had a heated moment the following evening. Sheriff Israel and I have spoken several times since and I can assure you that our departments have a good working relationship and the utmost respect for each other." Goodrum declined to comment on the content of their conversation.

Sgt. Carla Kmiotek, public information officer for the Coral Springs Police Department, would not comment about CNN's story. "The Coral Springs Police Department will speak on behalf of our officers and their response in that incident," she said. " We will not speak on behalf of Broward Sheriff's deputies and their response to the incident."

"Our police department has continued to work alongside the Broward Sheriff's Office to assist in any investigation pertaining to this incident," the department said later in a statement. "The Coral Springs Police Department has a tremendous working relationship with the men and women of the Broward Sheriff's Office, and while we are being transparent through this investigation, everyone should respect the process. There were countless deputies and officers who responded on that fateful day from multiple jurisdictions, whose actions were nothing short of heroic. As already reported, any actions or inactions that negatively affected the response will be investigated thoroughly, and the information will be released officially from the proper agency spokesperson.

Two days after the shooting, Coral Springs Police Chief Tony Pustizzi addressed some of the concerns voiced by his officers in an internal email obtained by CNN that said, among other items, "I understand that another agency has given the impression that it had provided the majority of the rescue efforts, and that the tremendous work of the Coral Springs Police and Fire Departments has not been recognized. Please know that this issue will be addressed, and the truth will come out in time. The focus for us now, however, must be on healing -- for ourselves, our families, our community and those residents surrounding us. While recognition is not the reason we choose to do what we do, our Commission, City Manager and residents are well aware of the actions our members took in the face of danger and the heroes that you are."
The Broward County Sheriff's Office confirmed to CNN that it is investigating the claims that, in addition to Peterson, three other deputies did not try to enter the high school after the shooting began.

nformation about ways the Broward County Sheriff's Office didn't sufficiently handle the shooter both before and during the incident started coming out in full force on Thursday, when Broward County Sheriff Israel announced that video showed Deputy Peterson outside the building where students were being shot for "upwards of four minutes."
"What I saw was a deputy arrive ... take up a position and he never went in," Israel said at a news conference. Israel said Peterson should have "went in. Addressed the killer. Killed the killer." Peterson was suspended without pay, after which he resigned.
County Superintendent Robert Runcie said, "I'm in shock and I'm outraged to no end that he could have made a difference in all this. It's really disturbing that we had a law enforcement individual there specifically for this reason, and he did not engage. He did not do his job. It's one of the most unbelievable things I've ever heard."

Israel also announced an investigation into how two other deputies had handled warnings about the gunman prior to the shooting.
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something.

lakelandman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lakelandman » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:01 am

His department should be held accountable but it will never happen. :ham'r :ham'r :ham'r
"Poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine"

GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:55 pm

Yeah, I think it will happen! Once all the dust settles, it may very well be EX-Sheriff Israel!

tcpip95
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by tcpip95 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:35 pm

GunsandHoses wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:55 pm
Yeah, I think it will happen! Once all the dust settles, it may very well be EX-Sheriff Israel!
Agree. No way he survives this. I don't care how well connected he is, he's done.
I was part of the SOLUTION, were YOU?

tector
Life Member
Life Member

Post by tector » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:11 pm

tcpip95 wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:35 pm
GunsandHoses wrote:
Agree. No way he survives this. I don't care how well connected he is, he's done.
Really--this is Broward County you are talking about, sir. One of its Congressthings is Debbie Wasserman Schultz. Another is Alcee Hastings, an impeached AND convicted former federal judge.
SE FL gunshow calendar: https://goo.gl/GNyvTP

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.-Swift

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Learned Hand

Jeepsnguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jeepsnguns » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:15 pm

ParishM wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:14 am

(CNN)When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other Broward County Sheriff's deputies were also outside the school and had not entered, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. The deputies had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles, the sources said, and not one of them had gone into the school.
Just unbelievable!
"If you put your nose really close to the screen and inhale deeply while reading these, you can almost taste the crazy." Waldo1

Dave M
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Dave M » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:47 pm

tector wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:11 pm
tcpip95 wrote:
GunsandHoses wrote:
Really--this is Broward County you are talking about, sir. One of its Congressthings is Debbie Wasserman Schultz. Another is Alcee Hastings, an impeached AND convicted former federal judge.
Im with Tector on this one, Wasserman should be in jail for all the stuff she just finished doing, she is still in office and no charges have even been put forward.

This guy Isreal will be throwing parties in 2 months in his office

870Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 870Mike » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:24 am

Let's not forget the black Howdy Doody...Frederica Wilson...voted in to varying offices continuously since 1998. =:wvr

"Send lawyers & money...have enough guns." - 870Mike

Allme
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Allme » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:40 am

Cloaked Dagger wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:34 am
If the republicans were smart they would demand that any new gun control regulation have a duty for law enforcement to act, with harsh personal penalties for failing to, attached to it. This would kill the support from law enforcement for all those bills. It would also force the democrats to admit the police cannot protect you.
+1 to that.

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:09 am

tector wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:11 pm
tcpip95 wrote:
GunsandHoses wrote:
Firemedic2000 wrote/copied

In 1981, Hastings was charged with accepting a $150,000 bribe in exchange for a lenient sentence and a return of seized assets for 21 counts of racketeering by Frank and Thomas Romano, and of perjury in his testimony about the case. In 1983, he was acquitted by a jury after his alleged co-conspirator, William Borders, refused to testify in court, resulting in a jail sentence for Borders.[4]

In 1988, the Democratic-controlled U.S. House of Representatives took up the case, and Hastings was impeached for bribery and perjury by a vote of 413–3. He was then convicted in 1989 by the United States Senate, becoming the sixth federal judge in the history of the United States to be removed from office by the Senate. The Senate, in two hours of roll calls, voted on 11 of the 17 articles of impeachment. It convicted Hastings of eight of the 11 articles. The vote on the first article was 69 for and 26 opposed.[1]

The Senate had the option to forbid Hastings from ever seeking federal office again, but did not do so. Alleged co-conspirator attorney William Borders went to jail again for refusing to testify in the impeachment proceedings, but was later given a full pardon by President Bill Clinton on his last day in office.[5]

Even the Clinton's were involved with this back then. But yeah this is just unbelievable that this guy even holds office. This tells you the character of the people in his area and just what kind of Morales they have...NONE.....plus the fact that the Democratic party would have even backed this guy for office. Yet look at how they scrutinize President Trump and his picks and they have this guy in office

I wonder if Hastings has openly attacked President Trump. If so the President should eat his lunch. Even then the President should point out this pos holding office. I just don't get DEMOCRATS they were willing to put Hillary in office knowing how corrupt and absolutely evil she is.

Hillary is evil there is no mistake about this fact. Has broken laws, murdered people from what we've been told or lead to believe. I don't know if that's true. But I'd not put it past her to do so.

Yet they did not care. They only thing the Democrats care about is power. They could care less about America or Americans.

DEMOCRATS called us NAZIs and the scum of the earth. It's as if they are looking in a mirror will talking about us. They fear us and want us unarmed.

Everyday
Disarm Americans
Every Election
Disarm AMERICA
Every shooting
Disarm America
DEMOCRATS are afraid of free Americans
Disarm America
Brain washed teenagers
Disarm America
Neighbors spying on Neighbors
Disarm Americans

All Democrats ever talk about is disarming Americans. WHY IS THAT

DEMOCRATS disgust me to no end along with who ever supports them.
Ranger Airborne, Firefighter, Oath Keeper, NRA If you support Terrorist including not protesting their actions or defending their rights you are my enemy
Energetically will I meet the enemies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights both foreign and domestic. I shall defeat them on the field of battle and totally and utterly destroy them

FfNJGTFO
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by FfNJGTFO » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:47 am

firemedic2000 wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:09 am
The only thing the Democrats care about is power. They could care less about America or Americans.

DEMOCRATS called us NAZIs and the scum of the earth. It's as if they are looking in a mirror will talking about us. They fear us and want us unarmed.

Everyday
Disarm Americans
Every Election
Disarm AMERICA
Every shooting
Disarm America
DEMOCRATS are afraid of free Americans
Disarm America
Brain washed teenagers
Disarm America
Neighbors spying on Neighbors
Disarm Americans

All Democrats ever talk about is disarming Americans. WHY IS THAT
You know the answer as well as I do. Disarming Americans is the only way they feel they can prevent a revolt against their (tyrannical) government.

firemedic2000
Contributor
Contributor

Post by firemedic2000 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:00 am

YEP

Cloaked Dagger
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Cloaked Dagger » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:48 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/26/fl ... ponse.html

Apparently EMS was delayed from treating the victims.
Libertas aut mortis!

NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:05 pm

Don't know if you guys mentioned this (didn't read all 7 pages, not gonna lie), but any of you heard anything about this?

https://www.browardprevention.org/behavior/promise/

Wasn't this part of Obama and Holder's little pet project? School house to jail house pipeline?
site wrote:The PROMISE Program (Preventing Recidivism through Opportunities, Mentoring, Interventions, Supports & Education) represents the most comprehensive thinking available to address socially unacceptable or illegal behavior, targeting both short and long term academic success, aligning best practice models and Restorative Justice principles, and developing pro-social and resiliency skills. PROMISE, while addressing the behavior specific to the youth, is committed to addressing family and community circumstances that serve as both strengths and challenges for the youth’s resiliency. PROMISE is an intervention-based program designed to correct student behavior that violates Policy 5.8 and/or Policy 5006, Suspension and Expulsion. PROMISE utilizes a comprehensive set of supports and education. The intent of PROMISE is to safeguard the student from entering the judicial system.

That last part in bold seems concerning to me. Maybe thats why, after 39 visits to the home, the expulsion and banning from campus and numerous other issues with this kid he stayed under the radar? I heard something about Broward getting funding to keep "minor" offenses off the books so kids weren't at a disadvantage in life due to youthful indiscretions.

molivo
Life Member
Life Member

Post by molivo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:16 pm

ParishM wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:14 am
now the Coral Springs PD had outed three more BSO cowards claiming
they stood around and did not enter either. seems the only time cops
are brave is once the person is on the ground or unarmed !

Scott Israel is being called "The Coward from Broward"

With direction from the Broward deputies who were outside, Coral Springs police soon entered the building where the shooter was. New Broward County Sheriff's deputies arrived on the scene, and two of those deputies and an officer from Sunrise, Florida, joined the Coral Springs police as they went into the building.
Some Coral Springs police were stunned and upset that the four original Broward County Sheriff's deputies who were first on the scene did not appear to join them as they entered the school, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. It's unclear whether the shooter was still in the building when they arrived.

What these Coral Springs officers observed -- though not their feelings about it -- will be released in a report, likely next week. Sources cautioned that tapes are currently being reviewed and official accounts could ultimately differ from recollections of officers on the scene.

The resentment among Coral Springs officials toward Broward County officials about what they perceived to be a dereliction of duty may have reached a boiling point at a vigil the night of February 15, where, in front of dozens of others, Coral Springs City Manager Mike Goodrum confronted Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel. A source familiar with the conversation tells CNN that Goodrum was upset that the Broward deputies had remained outside the school while kids inside could have been bleeding out, among other reasons.
Goodrum said in a statement to CNN, "Given the horrific events of that day emotions were running high and the sheriff and I had a heated moment the following evening. Sheriff Israel and I have spoken several times since and I can assure you that our departments have a good working relationship and the utmost respect for each other." Goodrum declined to comment on the content of their conversation.

Sgt. Carla Kmiotek, public information officer for the Coral Springs Police Department, would not comment about CNN's story. "The Coral Springs Police Department will speak on behalf of our officers and their response in that incident," she said. " We will not speak on behalf of Broward Sheriff's deputies and their response to the incident."

"Our police department has continued to work alongside the Broward Sheriff's Office to assist in any investigation pertaining to this incident," the department said later in a statement. "The Coral Springs Police Department has a tremendous working relationship with the men and women of the Broward Sheriff's Office, and while we are being transparent through this investigation, everyone should respect the process. There were countless deputies and officers who responded on that fateful day from multiple jurisdictions, whose actions were nothing short of heroic. As already reported, any actions or inactions that negatively affected the response will be investigated thoroughly, and the information will be released officially from the proper agency spokesperson.

Two days after the shooting, Coral Springs Police Chief Tony Pustizzi addressed some of the concerns voiced by his officers in an internal email obtained by CNN that said, among other items, "I understand that another agency has given the impression that it had provided the majority of the rescue efforts, and that the tremendous work of the Coral Springs Police and Fire Departments has not been recognized. Please know that this issue will be addressed, and the truth will come out in time. The focus for us now, however, must be on healing -- for ourselves, our families, our community and those residents surrounding us. While recognition is not the reason we choose to do what we do, our Commission, City Manager and residents are well aware of the actions our members took in the face of danger and the heroes that you are."
The Broward County Sheriff's Office confirmed to CNN that it is investigating the claims that, in addition to Peterson, three other deputies did not try to enter the high school after the shooting began.

nformation about ways the Broward County Sheriff's Office didn't sufficiently handle the shooter both before and during the incident started coming out in full force on Thursday, when Broward County Sheriff Israel announced that video showed Deputy Peterson outside the building where students were being shot for "upwards of four minutes."
"What I saw was a deputy arrive ... take up a position and he never went in," Israel said at a news conference. Israel said Peterson should have "went in. Addressed the killer. Killed the killer." Peterson was suspended without pay, after which he resigned.
County Superintendent Robert Runcie said, "I'm in shock and I'm outraged to no end that he could have made a difference in all this. It's really disturbing that we had a law enforcement individual there specifically for this reason, and he did not engage. He did not do his job. It's one of the most unbelievable things I've ever heard."

Israel also announced an investigation into how two other deputies had handled warnings about the gunman prior to the shooting.
So...what exactly was the responding officers plan of action...wait for the shooter to run out of bullets then take him into custody?
Altar Arms - 01 FFL , NFA/SOT Dealer(772)497-6550
20$ Transfers for FSN members for Title 1 Firearms, 75$ Title 2!
Located in Fort Pierce, FL

I BUY PREBAN AR15'S! PM ME!

See us on Gunbroker.com! AltarArms
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?In ... rs=2086140

N4KVE
Life Member
Life Member

Post by N4KVE » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:48 pm

They just announced on TV the kid had plenty more loaded mags. But his AR jammed. I have always preferred an AK. They don't jam. But it's a good thing he used an AR. GARY.