Anyone have a Special Weapons SW45?

Lever guns, hunting guns, black powder, plinkers, rifle scopes, spotting scopes, night vision, sling shots, bows 'n arrows, knives and anything else that doesn't fit anywhere else!
speeddemon11L

Anyone have a Special Weapons SW45?

Post by speeddemon11L » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:12 pm

If so, I could use some help.

I came across one and I am having an issue with it. It shoots straight. It shoots great. But it won't chamber a round for s%#t. ](*,)

I'm 99% sure it is a magazine issue, but I have no way to prove it. So if you have/had one or if you might have some insight on how to correct it, I would greatly appreciate some help.

And let's try to keep the TB bashing down to a dull roar. :-#

My issue is that when I release the bolt on a loaded magazine, it peels the round off, then the bolt stops half way. It is not getting hung up on the magazine. It is getting jammed on the round. The back-end of the round is going above the axis of the chamber. With the bolt pushing from behind, you can imagine what happens next. Round doesn't get chambered, round gets jammed, round gets ruined due to bullet setback and I work on my first heart attack.

I'm looking for any relevant advice, or ideally, a reliable magazine that I could borrow to see if that fixes my issue.

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

lx460
Life Member
Life Member

Post by lx460 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:13 pm

Have you tried hkpro clone guns forum? just don't say "special weapons" or todd bailey and you'll be ok. Problem is there are no german mags to try. I don't even know where you would get a different mag. The guys over at hkpro.com are pretty knowledgeable about clones and how to make them work properly. Not saying the guys here are not smart but HK long guns don't show up very often over here.

speeddemon11L

Post by speeddemon11L » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:52 pm

hkpro and Hk54 were going to be my next places to hit. I just wanted to see if someone "local" had a magazine or a similar situation so I could try to remedy the situation. Surprisingly, there aren't very many complaints about this particular variant, so it is hard to research the issue.

SW-45
Executive Member
Executive Member

SW-45

Post by SW-45 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:42 am

Magazines are the biggest problem with these guns, that and the fact that everything is unique dimensions as far as the bolt and stuff go as standard HK 9mm stuff just wont work on them as everything was scaled up for 45acp.Sounds like your mags are feeding rounds too high in the chamberIts probably a magazine.feeding angle issue..assuming headspace and everything is "right" on the bolt/chamber. (only a gunsmith knows for sure).
http://www.hk-54.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=694" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.tactical-weapons.com/sw45_pr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... nd_mag.htm
Not sure if that second link is still in business or not, parts, modified mags and info for this gun is awfully hard to come by... good luck!!
Last edited by SW-45 on Thu May 15, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sileo in pacis

speeddemon11L

Post by speeddemon11L » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:55 am

I appreciate the long post!

Don't worry, the longer I work on it, the harder that bolt gets slapped! ;-)

I have one of the early ones as well. So that first link won't work for me because that is the how-to on modifying mags for the SW45x. I already contacted the second link. They don't sell them anymore, but they told me someone that did. The next company doesn't sell them anymore, but they gave me the runaround to contact TB.

I'm still waiting on my registration to go through over at HK54.com so I can post it somewhere with a lot of experience with these clones. I've done a lot of research on this thing and the odd thing is that most people that got them are extremely happy with them. Every other TB model has scores of people complaining about problems and how they fixed it. ](*,)

2BearArms

Re: Anyone have a Special Weapons SW45?

Post by 2BearArms » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:52 pm

I know I am bringing a thread back from the dead but I decided to search for SW45 on this forum and this thread was a match.

Do you still have the SW45? I have one and have had a slight problem with some of the mags that I have but I only have had the problem chambering the first round. After that it runs fine.

speeddemon11L

Post by speeddemon11L » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:03 am

No, I sent it back to its original owner after not being able to get it to feed. Unfortunately, I have no information that might help. It was a neat idea, but horribly executed.

2BearArms

Post by 2BearArms » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:55 am

speeddemon11L wrote:No, I sent it back to its original owner after not being able to get it to feed. Unfortunately, I have no information that might help. It was a neat idea, but horribly executed.
I may have worded my message wrong I was actually thinking that I could have helped you. I played with the interaction of the mags a lot and have it working properly over 90% of the time. And my problem has been only on the first round in the mag. I let someone else shoot it last year that had never shot any gun before except a bunch of mine that day. He did have a problem with one round that I think was caused by him holding it too loose.

I like the SW45 mine has the fake suppressor on it and I would really like to someday make it an SBR and get a real suppressor for it. I have both the solid stock and a pinned telescoping stock.