best gunbelts?

Lever guns, hunting guns, black powder, plinkers, rifle scopes, spotting scopes, night vision, sling shots, bows 'n arrows, knives and anything else that doesn't fit anywhere else!
dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

best gunbelts?

Post by dieselbeef » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:55 pm

been using whatever...good thick leather but not real gunbelts..getting one of these...whattya think? looks really really stiff..like dig ya too stiff

http://gunbelts.com/
Last edited by dieselbeef on Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
im the other gary...

"The right and the decision to carry a weapon for your own defense is a horrible blessing".

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Re: best gunbelts?

Post by dieselbeef » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:15 pm

or this one..its fancier

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TO ... PDKIKX0DER

Im thinkin one of each could be my Christmas present /:f
im the other gary...

"The right and the decision to carry a weapon for your own defense is a horrible blessing".

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

neverenoughguns
Contributor
Contributor

Post by neverenoughguns » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:24 pm

I have been using a belt from High Noon Holsters for several years. Very high quality and looks like it will last another 5 years....
http://www.highnoonholsters.com/categor ... ady-belts/
They use two layers of leather sandwiched around a stiff plastic insert. Absolutely no sagging of the belt.

The Magpul belts look interesting as well.

LastRites
Life Member
Life Member

Post by LastRites » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:01 pm

Belts with inserts can be at times too stiff. Bull hide and horse hide makes for a good belt, check out "The Beltman" makes a nice belt. Also having a belt that is tapered especially a 1.5" wide can help a lot to mold to your waist. Check out the design Milt Sparks use's and you will see what I mean about a tapered belt.

What size belt are you looking for?

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Post by dieselbeef » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:54 am

i wear a 36 pant so according to most sizings for belts I need like a 40 or a 42..i do owb so I can go a bit smaller
im the other gary...

einstein

lakelandman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lakelandman » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:01 am

dieselbeef wrote:been using whatever...good thick leather but not real gunbelts..getting one of these...whattya think? looks really really stiff..like dig ya too stiff

http://gunbelts.com/

Sweet belt but 14.92 for shipping hope it comes with lube LOL Amazon free shipping way better deal!! [smilie=popcorn.gif]
"Spend your energy to keep up and you won't have to waste it catching up"

bluemonday

Post by bluemonday » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:15 am

Mitch Rosen Gunleather

Sam Andrews Gunleather

Milt Sparks

TT Gunleather

all make great leather belts

tcpip95
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by tcpip95 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:26 am

I've purchased two belts from these guys, and have been very happy with them.

http://www.abetterbeltusa.com/
I was part of the SOLUTION, were YOU?

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Post by dieselbeef » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:27 am

well I got my belt from bigfoot belts. they sent me the wrong one . waaay to big. at first they wanted me to pay the shipping back but I attatched the email they had advised me which one to buy and then they changed their tune and are sending me another without returning the original. I complained about the shipping charges too. so basically I get to keep the too big one and they are sending me another. really nice stiff belt. nice buckle. but the snaps aint the greatest and the loop that is behind the buckle for the tail is between the 2 snaops..theyre too close together I told them. but I did get some good customer service and the belt seems real quality for the most part.

I got an ackers comin also from amazon so ill see how that deal goes. itll be here tomorrow
im the other gary...

einstein

lakelandman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lakelandman » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:18 am

dieselbeef wrote:well I got my belt from bigfoot belts. they sent me the wrong one . waaay to big. at first they wanted me to pay the shipping back but I attatched the email they had advised me which one to buy and then they changed their tune and are sending me another without returning the original. I complained about the shipping charges too. so basically I get to keep the too big one and they are sending me another. really nice stiff belt. nice buckle. but the snaps aint the greatest and the loop that is behind the buckle for the tail is between the 2 snaops..theyre too close together I told them. but I did get some good customer service and the belt seems real quality for the most part.

I got an ackers comin also from amazon so ill see how that deal goes. itll be here tomorrow

How big the other one?
"Spend your energy to keep up and you won't have to waste it catching up"

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Post by dieselbeef » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:13 pm

its a 42. I got the right size and its a 38 and I wear it in the middle hole. they sized me for an iwb when I told em owb but whatever. if your wearing it as a reg belt youd better be at least a 42. or a 38 if youre going iwb ..maybe a 40

the ackers belt is a lot nicer dressier belt but the bigfoot is a serious 1/4 thick belt. my phone cl;ip almost wont close over it.

either one is a very high quality belt but id give the dress belt to ackers and ill be wearing the bigfoot daily
im the other gary...

einstein

creophus
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by creophus » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:51 am

I really like these guys.
http://www.hughesleatherworks.com/

I did a review of one of their belts here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC_vF1QsqeU