Need help finding magazine for Savage 99c .308 lever action rifle

Lever guns, hunting guns, black powder, plinkers, rifle scopes, spotting scopes, night vision, sling shots, bows 'n arrows, knives and anything else that doesn't fit anywhere else!
ripnbang

Need help finding magazine for Savage 99c .308 lever action rifle

Post by ripnbang » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:18 pm

I have an older Savage Model 99 lever action rifle chambered in .308. It has a detachable, side release 4 rd. magazine. I've been looking for a couple of extras and they are extremely hard to find. Found a website or two that has them for $38.00 +...a couple on ebay for $100.00. The mag has stamped in the side "Clip for .308 .243 & .250-3000". Anybody know other locations to purchase?

Thank you. [smilie=cheers1.gif]
Joseph Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Kim Il-Sung, Kim Jong-Il, Fidel Castro and Adolph Hitler all decided that “the people” didn’t need to be armed, and look how those stories ended.

"An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man a subject"

stoneknives

Re: Need help finding magazine for Savage 99c .308 lever action rifle

Post by stoneknives » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:52 am

One on bid that came up yesterday. I'm watching it but I'll refrain from bidding if you are going to bid. I have a spare mag already.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FACTORY-ORIGINA ... Swf-VWW6tv

ripnbang

Re: Need help finding magazine for Savage 99c .308 lever action rifle

Post by ripnbang » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:40 pm

Sorry, I missed your comment back on 12/1. Yes, I did see that, but I'm not paying $100+ for the mag. I did find a place on line where they were selling them for $70 +/-...I may just check some gun shows. Thank you, again.
Joseph Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Kim Il-Sung, Kim Jong-Il, Fidel Castro and Adolph Hitler all decided that “the people” didn’t need to be armed, and look how those stories ended.

"An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man a subject"