Anyone have hands on with current Weaver scopes?

Lever guns, hunting guns, black powder, plinkers, rifle scopes, spotting scopes, night vision, sling shots, bows 'n arrows, knives and anything else that doesn't fit anywhere else!
REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone have hands on with current Weaver scopes?

Post by REDinFL » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:21 am

I'm looking for a new scope, going on a bolt 30-06. Don't need or have budget for anything fancy. Want to stay under $600, preferably under 500.

Natchez has a closeout on some Weaver tacticals, one is a 2-10 x 36 that looks pretty good. I realize they are likely made in Japan from whatever else I could read from googling. I would have loved to buy American, and see Leupolds in the $500 but some say they are just assembled in USA from foreign components.

That Weaver, if it lives up to its hype on the manufacturer website might even be better quality. ANyone looked through one?
Mit den Dummen dreht man die Welt um.

cj5mrt
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Anyone have hands on with current Weaver scopes?

Post by cj5mrt » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:17 pm

I have a Redfield Revolution on one rifle and love it. Made in the USA. In your budget too.
I can explain it to you, but I cannot understand it for you.

REDinFL
Contributor
Contributor

Post by REDinFL » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:48 am

Thanks, not a bad idea. It's a "Duh...." as in I had a Redfield 45 years ago, one of the early Accu-ranges. I know they went through a bunch of problems but should be fine with Leupold. Good reminder, I'll look into them again.
Mit den Dummen dreht man die Welt um.

Srasel79
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by Srasel79 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:19 am

I have a nikon p-223 on my Remington 700 30-06 and it works great. One is for sale in the bst section now!!