Left handed pocket knife

Lever guns, hunting guns, black powder, plinkers, rifle scopes, spotting scopes, night vision, sling shots, bows 'n arrows, knives and anything else that doesn't fit anywhere else!
bugman
Life Member
Life Member
Location: Orlando, corner of Gaylando and Little Saigo, across from the BlackHOP

Left handed pocket knife

Post by bugman » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:50 pm

A few years ago a friends was talking about needing one. At the time it made about as much sense to me as a left handed coffee mug.

But a few months ago I was attacked by a customer's 90 pound dog.
He bit into my right forearm and started the shaking routine. It only lasted a few seconds because he didn't get his hooks in and the arm ripped free in mid shake.
As he was coming in for the next lunge his owner grabbed him as I was pulling my knife and backing out the door.

If he had locked on I would have been helpless against an enraged 90 lb pit. If ge had damaged my arm and the owner had not been there to stop him I would have also been helpless.

Anyway it got me to thinking and I went to my knife box to find one that I could carry clipped to me left pocket
None work
The clip is on the wrong side and the wrong end

I'm carrying twin Hoffman Richters now and trying to get used to the left side one, but it does not feel right and is slow.

Is there a knife, that does not cost a fortune, that is designed for left handed users

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Left handed pocket knife

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:16 pm

Several of the Spyderco and Benchmade line have a clip that is reversal for right or left hand carry ...I think there are others

Why didn't you try the finger in the but trick [smilie=stirthepot.gif] [smilie=stirthepot.gif]
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

BoerBoelGuy
Life Member
Life Member

Post by BoerBoelGuy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:35 pm

A conversation for another thread, working, "working" dogs most of my life, and Boers at that, IMO not the best tool for that specific job. still, NOT saying it cant work. With that said as per the OP's request, get a Severtech, As they are once again available, Opens one handed, from the left side, tanto blade drives deep. BBG
AKA "Loandr."

Gmountain
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Gmountain » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:24 pm

A Kershaw Leek.

John K
Administrator
Administrator

Post by John K » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:06 pm

Gmountain wrote:A Kershaw Leek.
+1 from a Southpaw

p7fl

Post by p7fl » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:42 am

The older Emerson's came with a reversible clip. If you buy one now they charge an extra $25.00 to add holes so you can reverse the knife.
You have to get used to bringing the knife out up or down depending on the side. Not playing instructor but prefer carrying a knife on my off side away from my gun.

czharry
Life Member
Life Member

Post by czharry » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:11 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:Several of the Spyderco and Benchmade line have a clip that is reversal for right or left hand carry ...I think there are others

Why didn't you try the finger in the but trick [smilie=stirthepot.gif] [smilie=stirthepot.gif]
He's tryin' to protect himself, not to have a good time.

[smilie=011.gif]
There's a storm coming.