A problem with a used Trijicon Acog

Lever guns, hunting guns, black powder, plinkers, rifle scopes, spotting scopes, night vision, sling shots, bows 'n arrows, knives and anything else that doesn't fit anywhere else!
rmc51

A problem with a used Trijicon Acog

Post by rmc51 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:19 pm

A problem with a used Trijicon Acog’s
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Trijicon warrants that products manufactured by Trijicon will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the lifetime of the original owner. Trijicon will repair or replace (at our option) the registered product. This warranty does not apply to defects caused by anything which is deemed abnormal, abusive, or improper including any fault resulting from an accident or improper service. This warranty specifically applies to the optical systems and metal structure of the product and does not apply to the illumination system.

The Tritium will run out and is not covered under the limited lifetime warranty of the original owner. Tritium replacement can cost $600.

The Tritium is on a sliding scale also for the original owner. No warranty for Non-original owners
The models with Dual Illumination is 14 years (like TA31). Starts at date of manufacture
The models with single Illumination is 10 years (like TA01).

Before you buy a used Acog, check with Trijicon on this.
RMC51
Florida Keys

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Re: A problem with a used Trijicon Acog

Post by Rentprop1 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:40 pm

buying a used Acog is like sticking your peter in the blender to see how fast it turns, for something that expensive and tough but fragile when you really think about it...why would you want one used if you didn't know the exact history, to save a few bucks will only bite you in the long run [-X

along with electronics there are several other things you don't buy used like mattresses, tires and light bulbs :ham'r

YMMV
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

305tillimoved
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 305tillimoved » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:06 pm

Rentprop1 wrote:buying a used Acog is like sticking your peter in the blender to see how fast it turns, for something that expensive and tough but fragile when you really think about it...why would you want one used if you didn't know the exact history, to save a few bucks will only bite you in the long run [-X

along with electronics there are several other things you don't buy used like mattresses, tires and light bulbs :ham'r

YMMV
You forgot condoms...but then again, knowing you. [smilie=033.gif]
"[A]nyone who was not a liberal at 20 years of age had no heart, while anyone who was still a liberal at 40 had no head."
~ Winston S. Churchill

captain steinbrenner
Life Member
Life Member

Post by captain steinbrenner » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:53 am

He goes bareback with his Senegalese boyfriend.... [smilie=033.gif] #-o
Death solves all problems, no man, no problem. Joseph Stalin

bfips
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bfips » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:18 am

Also posted on
afcom
sniper'shide
thehighroad

Think he bought a used Acog cheap and was planning on warranty to fix. [smilie=012.gif]
Character determines destiny
In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty
NRA Life Member

305tillimoved
Life Member
Life Member

Post by 305tillimoved » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:00 am

captain steinbrenner wrote:He goes bareback with his Senegalese boyfriend.... [smilie=033.gif] #-o
I thought you were Cuban? :-k

[smilie=011.gif]
"[A]nyone who was not a liberal at 20 years of age had no heart, while anyone who was still a liberal at 40 had no head."
~ Winston S. Churchill

flcracker
Life Member
Life Member

Post by flcracker » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:37 am

bfips wrote:Also posted on
afcom
sniper'shide
thehighroad

Think he bought a used Acog cheap and was planning on warranty to fix. [smilie=012.gif]
And M14forum

I bought a used TA01NSN about five or six years ago for $500. Tritium is fading, but the reticle crosshairs are fine and I haven't had a need for night fighting since I bought it.

The $800 saved vs. the cost of a new one paid for a brand new 4.5-14x40 Leupold MkIV LRT (non-illuminated). I see no reason for the average shooter to pay full retail for an ACOG if the savings can buy an entire additional scope.

YMMV, and likely will if you place a higher value on night-fighting capabilities than I do.
and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!

rmc51

Post by rmc51 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:36 pm

afcom
sniper'shide
thehighroad

Oh, you’re one of those intelligent ones, I didn’t buy them used.

I just walked down that road 4-6 months ago. Had a long complete conversation with Trijicon, my 13 year old TA01C cost $570 to fix the burned out tritium. There was nothing else wrong with it.

Let me be clear, I'm not saying that the ACOG is not a great scope. I do have three of them(31A, 01C and 01B308). I just want people to understand what they are getting into, as I didn’t understand the warranty. The info on the street is that they are lifetime guaranteed. Not, all of them.

The 31A and the 01C went bad this year, both the same problem, they lost the tritium. The 31A (9yrs old) was repaired no charge, the 01C (13 yrs old) was not and I’m telling people what I learned about the warranty.

The label on the box of the 31A said lifetime warranty. The label on the 01C box said limited lifetime warranty. I have not been able to find someone that has a newer 31A so I can find out if the newer ones now say, limited lifetime warranty. I’m still looking. I believe that Trijicon has change all the warranties to limited lifetime warranty and are using this sliding scale, now.
RMC51
Florida Keys

bfips
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bfips » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:04 pm

rmc51 wrote:
afcom
sniper'shide
thehighroad

Oh, you’re one of those intelligent ones, I didn’t buy them used.

I just want people to understand what they are getting into, as I didn’t understand the warranty.

With all due respect sir.
I guess I am the intelligent one in this conversation. You condescend most people don't understand warranties . You're the one who admits not understanding the warranty.
Ever read a tire warranty?
After your comments on someone's BST post, I'm guessing you don't read much of anything.
Character determines destiny
In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty
NRA Life Member

rmc51

Post by rmc51 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:47 pm

flcracker wrote:
afcom
sniper'shide
thehighroad

And M14forum

I bought a used TA01NSN about five or six years ago for $500. Tritium is fading, but the reticle crosshairs are fine and I haven't had a need for night fighting since I bought it.

The $800 saved vs. the cost of a new one paid for a brand new 4.5-14x40 Leupold MkIV LRT (non-illuminated). I see no reason for the average shooter to pay full retail for an ACOG if the savings can buy an entire additional scope.

YMMV, and likely will if you place a higher value on night-fighting capabilities than I do.
And TheFiringline, M4carbine, 300blktalk and AR15Armory

I’m on these sites to gain knowledge and educate myself. This is not my social activity, sitting on a forum site and talking like a high school kid on the telephone.

When I find some info that I think is beneficial, I will post it. IE; the low post numbers. Some sites I have been on for years and never made one post, but I do read the ones that are of an interest and informational to me.

Oh glad to hear you like the Leupold LR/T, I just put a MK4 ER/T 8.5x25 H37 on. They are pretty good. Looking to get a S&B next year.
RMC51
Florida Keys