rail on a 336 receiver..gun hardware? wtf...need screws

Lever guns, hunting guns, black powder, plinkers, rifle scopes, spotting scopes, night vision, sling shots, bows 'n arrows, knives and anything else that doesn't fit anywhere else!
dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Re: rail on a 336 receiver..gun hardware? wtf...need screws

Post by dieselbeef » Mon May 06, 2013 12:10 pm

i know the spelling....

i just need the right screws..tomorrow

ya gonna help me out or what

ya think dicks might have some?
im the other gary...

"The right and the decision to carry a weapon for your own defense is a horrible blessing".

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Mon May 06, 2013 12:19 pm

dieselbeef wrote:i know the spelling....

ya gonna help me out or what
Bro, I re-read this entire thread and I still don't see what size you need, 8 x 40 ??

....look in the hole again with magnification.....is there possibly a larger portion of the top part of the hole that tapers to a threaded bottom ( they sometime do this so the first few threads don't get crossed )

you may have to head over to http://www.marlinowners.com and post your question for a faster answer :-k
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Post by dieselbeef » Mon May 06, 2013 1:06 pm

i looked on the marlin forum and the htread is 8x40...the hole seems to get smaller at the btm so the plug wont go all the way thru.
j/m tomorrow since there seems to be no gunsmith in town other than him. or im gonna order the tap from brownells depending on what he tells me
im the other gary...

"The right and the decision to carry a weapon for your own defense is a horrible blessing".

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

Mummu

Post by Mummu » Fri May 17, 2013 12:26 am

dieselbeef wrote:so im putting together a 3030 336 for a ranch weapon. mt'd a cheap flashlight...werkin on the action...bah bah..etc

heres my snag tho...i got a picatinnny..weaver ..whatever mt for the top of the receiver. i bought it off ebay and the mt itself is decent for 8 bucks...
i wanted the egw or the grizzley setup but naturally theyre out of stock,,,

so herein lies the problem. the screws that come with it are too long. they get tight in the btm of the hole like its not threaded far enough. the holes go all the way thru but they wont screw all the way thru. and on top of all that they are just too long. when they get tightened up they jam the action cuz they go thru too far.

so wtf is the deal with gun screws..are they some kind of special thread..cuz they aint metric and they ain standard..

and i need some .050 shorter than the ones that came with it. i tried to modify 2 of them but it is just a pita since there so small..i need the right ones...

good local shop to get the right screws...going to jm gun repair since theyre real close unless ya got someone is sarasota is better
Are you talking about a gun with flashlight ?
I haven't seen yet that kind of gun ever !
Last edited by Mummu on Fri May 17, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dieselbeef
Life Member
Life Member

Post by dieselbeef » Fri May 17, 2013 6:18 am

um nooooo.. read the post. i put a red dot on it. it already has a flashlight at the front of the mag tube
im the other gary...

einstein

Mummu

Post by Mummu » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:17 am

I bought some exclusive led lights from this website http://www.marinesalvageantiques.com