MSAR/Steyr Frankenstein’s AUG

Lever guns, hunting guns, black powder, plinkers, rifle scopes, spotting scopes, night vision, sling shots, bows 'n arrows, knives and anything else that doesn't fit anywhere else!
Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

MSAR/Steyr Frankenstein’s AUG

Post by Jonathanw » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:08 pm

So I purchased/traded one of the MSAR E4 Rifles that never went in for the Magazine Catch Recall(found out after the fact) so I purchased a Steyr Aug A3 stock to replace the old MSAR stock. It was an extremely tight fit (Had to be filed down in 2 spots and the button had to be tapped in place but the stocks are interchangeable with minimal work. Charging handle is a lot more stuff now which I believe may be just stiff in the new stock. Everything works, I just need to take it to the range. I was thinking of buying Gauges but I’m not sure a new stock would effect headspace in anyway. Any opinions on that?

Here’s the hybrid AUG clone

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Re: MSAR/Steyr Frankenstein’s AUG

Post by Jonathanw » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:32 am

The problem with stiffness of the charging handle has been solved. I filed more of the locking latch to better fit the receiver. The receiver is now in line more with the stock so that charging handle is smooth and easy

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:29 pm

Sold the Knock-off AUG, bought the real deal instead - the STG 77 40th anniversary model, Absolutely worth it!

Lesson learned: pay once, cry once

lakelandman
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lakelandman » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:58 am

Very sexy!!!!!! :ber
"Poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine"

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:59 pm

After several hundred rounds through this rifle, I have to say it’s extremely fun to shoot! The break in period is over. The 1.5x donut optic is surprisingly accurate to use, not as fat as a red dot but a good addition on the rifle.

I’m starting a shooting club at my university and the people who attended the shoot enjoyed the rifle very much.

Jonathanw
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jonathanw » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:05 pm