Cigar aficionados what do we have here?

Discussions on good cigars, fine spirits and your favorite recipes and foods!
Casual

Cigar aficionados what do we have here?

Post by Casual »

ID these cigars and tell me if theyre worth a damn?!?

I overhead 50$ from a lady selecting one, but havent been in the aficionado cicles in a long time
hurricanecharlie

Post by hurricanecharlie »

$50 a stick-no
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

Fuck no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Synaptic Misfire

Post by Synaptic Misfire »

They're Cuban, as in made in Cuba. At $50 a stick they'd better be pre-embargo imports. Given the roughness of the wrapper, I wouldn't give them to my dog to smoke.

Too much good stuff coming out of the boutique cigar companies to waste money on Cubans. I've smoked current imports and pre-embargo imports, I'll spend my money on a My Father, Kristoff, or Liga Privada.
Casual

Post by Casual »

I should preface, they are current fresh production. Im not in the u.s.
Synaptic Misfire

Post by Synaptic Misfire »

Don't waste your money, the markup on Cubans most places is ridiculous. Lady friend just got back from Croatia, where she got the same cigars she saw in the islands for $20 to $50 for $10.

We should start an FSN cigar night, my friend would give us a deal if we brought a group.
rug357

Post by rug357 »

I used to smoke some cigars and enjoyed many. Smoked few Cubans while living in Europe and when travelling to Central/South America. I used to smoke a lot of Nicaraguan cigars especially Joya di Nicaragua before they became popular in the US and price jumped up.
One thing about Cuban cigars (I mean rolled in Cuba and not just Cuban name) and this is true with even the best Cuban brands...they are very inconsistent quality cigars. Majority are well made but some are amazingly well made but some are just mediocre cigars at best. Every cigar maker has some inconsistencies but it's usually pretty small but Cuban cigars have much bigger inconsistencies no matter which brand.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

They are inconsistent because the best cigar rollers fleed cuba and started elsewhere. They look like conterfeits at first glance, though they likely are not.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Lastrites wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:47 am They are inconsistent because the best cigar rollers fleed cuba and started elsewhere. They look like conterfeits at first glance, though they likely are not.
Right here. I'm not a hugh fan of cubans. I've smoke alot better cigars from other places. Cubans are over rated and over priced. Nothing sucks more than getting cigars you can not draw on.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:34 am
Lastrites wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:47 am They are inconsistent because the best cigar rollers fleed cuba and started elsewhere. They look like conterfeits at first glance, though they likely are not.
Right here. I'm not a hugh fan of cubans. I've smoke alot better cigars from other places. Cubans are over rated and over priced. Nothing sucks more than getting cigars you can not draw on.
Which brings me to the dozen or more Cohibia's I've had the pleasure to TRY to smoke, 1 out of 4 may have had a good draw the rest were a waste of time and these weren't all from the same box either. Have had other brands that smoked well enough but for me cost prohibitive and I'll enjoy a nice Padron any day over the majority of the others.