I have way too much 45ACP. What's a good entry level 1911?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
cvasqu03

I have way too much 45ACP. What's a good entry level 1911?

Post by cvasqu03 »

As many of you know, I had a couple of lean years recently but am now employed and climbing my way out. Back before I became re-employed (full time anyway) I ended up selling any firearms I'd had trouble with which meant all my Llama single stack 45's and eventually even had to sell a really good double stack 45 (that one hurt). I also sold off an UZI 45ACP conversion kit with a bunch of original mags. Once I was done I realized I'd sold off every firearm I'd owned that shot 45ACP and I had way too much of the stuff with nothing to shoot it out of. I even tried to sell the ammo two years ago but got no takers (bet I could sell it now :D ).

Anyway, I always told myself I was just getting rid of problematic guns and would eventually replace them with better versions. I'm finally in the position where I can begin filling the void and I really want another 1911, but with the strange combination of scarcity and plethora of manufacturers I'm not sure where to go. I'd eventually like to get matching tricked out 1911's one blue and one nickel, but for now, I'd just like to get a simple G.I. replica that looks similar to what our boys carried during WWII.

Since I'm just re-starting I don't really want to be spending in the four digits. So is there anything that anyone would recommend? What's available?
My posts kill threads.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Nuthin' wrong with a Ruger SR1911... (Edit: Oops...you said WWII looking...nvrmnd)

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Rock Island 1911. Good gun that won’t break the bank. GARY.
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/ ... here-61247
tector

Post by tector »

No such thing as "way too much 45acp."--must be a typo.

If you can find an old Norinco at an affordable price....
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
neonnight34609

Post by neonnight34609 »

i really enjoy my rock islands
Common sense isn't so common these days
p7fl

Post by p7fl »

At that price point i agree with the Ruger suggestion. Walked into local LGS yesterday looking for a CCO and spotted a Ruger Compact in 9mm. The more I handled it the more well made it seemed.
Could not figure out what I would do with a Compact, or at $850. it would have come home.
Might still go back and look at it again.

If I was going to buy a full size 1911 in 45 today, it would be a used Colt. There is so much you can do with the gun to personalize it later when funds let you.
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

p7fl wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:30 am If I was going to buy a full size 1911 in 45 today, it would be a used Colt. There is so much you can do with the gun to personalize it later when funds let you.
This
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

Tisas or RIA are close to WWII but inexpensive. I chose a Ruger SR1911 because it had almost all of what I would add to one.

Jeff

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Chinerd00

Post by Chinerd00 »

Taurus 1911 they are manufactured from old colt moldings.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Chinerd00 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:55 am Taurus 1911 they are manufactured from old colt moldings.
No they're not.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA