Non uniform security

A forum for LEOs, firefighters, EMT and other first responders to discuss issues pertaining to their fields.
Skoll

Non uniform security

Post by Skoll »

I don't know where else to put this, and I guess technically a licensed security officer is a sort of first responder in some cases, but I was wondering if any of you knew of any companies / agencies hiring in South FL for plain clothes / undercover positions. I'm doing my G quals tomorrow, I'm fairly confident I will pass as I am an above average shooter, but I don't want to spend my career sitting in a guard house writing down license plate numbers. No, I don't think I'm a cop nor do I have any illusions of power or authority, but I am interested in shit that's like asset protection, anything undercover, etc.

Let me know, thanks.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

lots of stores use plain clothes for busting shoplifters.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Thanks,

I'm thinking about doing Brinks or something until I can move out west. I've heard from a bunch of guys that cannabis dispensaries pay really well.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Skoll wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:32 pm Thanks,

I'm thinking about doing Brinks or something until I can move out west. I've heard from a bunch of guys that cannabis dispensaries pay really well.
Hope its not to late. Do not go work for brinks lol. You will regret it lol. Try and get on with Turkey point. You will thank me later.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Cubanstang50 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:38 am

Hope its not to late. Do not go work for brinks lol. You will regret it lol. Try and get on with Turkey point. You will thank me later.
Oh I long since dropped that. I work for a private company doing active shooter protection for synagogues now. More "high speed" and better paid than Brinks too.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Skoll wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:02 am
Cubanstang50 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:38 am

Oh I long since dropped that. I work for a private company doing active shooter protection for synagogues now. More "high speed" and better paid than Brinks too.
Outstanding!! I had heard about those jobs.