80% frames up next....

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

My Dad used to buy the Dixie Gun Works kits all the time and build muzzle loader rifles and pistols.
He even tried a revolver, I do not know if he finished it as he passed in 1994 and no one found it in his things. Or maybe my brother did and didn't say anything?
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

P5 Guy wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:40 am My Dad used to buy the Dixie Gun Works kits all the time and build muzzle loader rifles and pistols.
He even tried a revolver, I do not know if he finished it as he passed in 1994 and no one found it in his things. Or maybe my brother did and didn't say anything?
those guns are not regulated as firearms by ATF
macattack321

Post by macattack321 »

rentprop1 wrote:those guns are not regulated as firearms by ATF
Not yet. We have to shut down that loophole! :roll:
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

P5 Guy wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:40 am My Dad used to buy the Dixie Gun Works kits all the time and build muzzle loader rifles and pistols.
I have done that as well. I like building stuff (former auto mechanic).
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

My favorite "Glock".
It has all my hand selected parts!
red dot for it next!
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

rentprop1 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:45 am those guns are not regulated as firearms by ATF
NJ has different ideas on what a firearm is as compared to the BATFE.
Remember the elder gentleman that got prison for driving around with a real antique flintlock pistol?
macattack321

Post by macattack321 »

NJ classifies BB guns as firearms too. It's almost comical...
RKBA

Post by RKBA »

The most dangerous gun control bills are those where there exists benefits or incentives to firearm manufacturers and others.

This can fall into that category.

Winners would be:

Manufacturers who don't want the rise of 3D printing, DIY guns, 80% etc....
Dealers who become more necessary
Government who wants all firearms to be traceable and registered. Yes, the 4473 is a form of firearm registration.
Gun Control Tyrants who can claim a legislative victory
Even some pro-gun factions who can then use such a thing as a call to political arms to rile up the base, increase memberships and hype while doing nothing to actually stop such bills. They know such a bill would anger gun owners, but would not actually harm the industry.

Money > Liberty
Allme

Post by Allme »

"certain firearm receiver castings or blanks" ~ I ask which CERTAIN firearms?

Anyway speaking of 80% receivers does anyone have a jig I can borrow/rent? Seriously I need one for about 4-7 days max. Please advise, thanks!
tector

Post by tector »

Allme wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:20 pm "certain firearm receiver castings or blanks" ~ I ask which CERTAIN firearms?
They meant CERTAINLY. Or they will when they can get away with it.
“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”