FDLE Public Access System Stolen Gun Search

Official web sites and other useful information.
2 Samuel 22

FDLE Public Access System Stolen Gun Search

Post by 2 Samuel 22 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:47 pm

For anyone interested, below is a link which allows you to check firearm serial#s to see if it has been reported as stolen.

From the FDLE Website:
This database contains Florida stolen property information as reported to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement by law enforcement agencies throughout the state and authorized for release to the public. FDLE and the reporting agencies strongly recommend that no citizen take any individual action based on this information. This information is not to be used as a confirmation or probable cause that any property is stolen. Information contained herein should not be relied upon for any type of legal action. Please be advised that the identification number assigned to a particular vehicle by the manufacturer and/or owner may not be unique; duplicates may exist. Also, some identification numbers may be used on more than one vehicle. FDLE cannot represent that this information is current, active, or complete. You should verify that a stolen property report is active with your local law enforcement agency or with the reporting agency.

http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/item/displayGunSearch.a
"But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

Semper Paratus - Semper Fidelis - Semper Vigilans - Soli Deo Gloria

http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/item/displayGunSearch.a

TC6969
Life Member
Life Member

Re: FDLE Public Access System Stolen Gun Search

Post by TC6969 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:00 pm

My bro in law who has been a full time LEO since he got out of high school 35 years ago says that system is the most inaccurate database in the state of Florida.
Late mergers should be shot in the face, then set on fire and hung from an overpass. /:f

ParishM
Life Member
Life Member

Re: FDLE Public Access System Stolen Gun Search

Post by ParishM » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:05 pm

that's mostly because it relies on individual departments to report
the cases and most of them are too lazy and don't care !
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something.