Everglades Ammunition?

Everything ammunition! What to use, where to get it, surplus ammo headstamps, the science of reloading and more.
rob_s
Life Member
Life Member

Everglades Ammunition?

Post by rob_s » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:56 pm

Anyone familiar with these guys?
http://www.evergladesammo.com/ammunitio ... ounds.html

Any feedback or information appreciated.
I'll convert an Orlando Disney ride into the world's biggest trebuchet and anyone down here who doesn't know what a grit is will get a free ride north

onebigelf

Re: Everglades Ammunition?

Post by onebigelf » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:15 pm

If you're looking for cheap range ammo I fail to see the point. Walmart has Federal factory ammo cheaper. Why risk reloads?

John

rob_s
Life Member
Life Member

Post by rob_s » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:19 pm

Is that what I asked?

Stupid me, I thought I asked about a specific company and if anyone had any experience with them.
I'll convert an Orlando Disney ride into the world's biggest trebuchet and anyone down here who doesn't know what a grit is will get a free ride north

Big_Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Big_Mike » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Only thing I can find as far as a review goes in one result on thier google map listing:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rls=c ... CA4Q_AUoAg

1 guy marked them as 5 stars, seems that they are a gun shop and a reloader.
Deo Favente Perennis.

dys·gen·ic [ dis jénnik ] - 1.detrimental to future generations: affecting later generations detrimentally by passing on undesirable characteristics

sunburn

Post by sunburn » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:35 pm

One of the guys @ the private range I belong to has one of their custom STI packages. He also reloads using their components and has nothing but praise for them. My next bulk bullet purchase will be through them.
A monument to all the rancid genes and broken chromosomes that corrupt the possibilities of the American Dream

FSUnoles
Life Member
Life Member

Post by FSUnoles » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:30 pm

rob_s wrote:Is that what I asked?

Stupid me, I thought I asked about a specific company and if anyone had any experience with them.
Never heard of em, but it cant hurt to help a local business if economically feasible? [smilie=cheers1.gif]

bmup
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bmup » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:37 pm

I just took a chance on them for some .45 range brass. I ordered it Monday nite & it was in my mailbox today. $75/1000 + tax but free shipping. Mixed headstamps - not decapped - just floor sweepings. I haven't really checked any further than opening the box & eyeballing a handful or so but they look just fine. Dirty, but fine & since Starline sells 1K new .45 brass for double that - it's not really a bad deal. Noticed a few nickel plated Speer cases in the mix along with the distinctive red primers on S&B cases.
I will definitely buy from them again & give them a [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]
Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.
-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992

PCJim9mm
Life Member
Life Member

Post by PCJim9mm » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:01 am

Just watch out for those sneaky SPP cases. They'll jam a progressive quite quickly. Consider having a few LPP's primed and ready to be exchanged in the event one of the SPPs does get by you.

Big_Mike
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Big_Mike » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:50 am

PCJim9mm wrote:Just watch out for those sneaky SPP cases. They'll jam a progressive quite quickly. Consider having a few LPP's primed and ready to be exchanged in the event one of the SPPs does get by you.
SPP's and LPP's???

Small pistol primer's / large pistol primers???
Deo Favente Perennis.

dys·gen·ic [ dis jénnik ] - 1.detrimental to future generations: affecting later generations detrimentally by passing on undesirable characteristics

ipscscott
Life Member
Life Member

Post by ipscscott » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:06 pm

Big_Mike wrote:
PCJim9mm wrote:Just watch out for those sneaky SPP cases. They'll jam a progressive quite quickly. Consider having a few LPP's primed and ready to be exchanged in the event one of the SPPs does get by you.
SPP's and LPP's???

yep. If you wind up with some of the Federal NT cases, they use a small unlike the rest of the 45 world. Royal PITA. Worse than finding a damn GAP brass in your real 45's. [smilie=pdt_xtremez_13.gif]
Custom Cerakote/GunKote refinishing and Hydrographic Printing, mild to wild!
Hydro Print Services
http://www.hydroprintservices.com/
https://www.facebook.com/HydroPrintServices
863-797-4226

Full service FFL/SOT manufacturer, for all your NFA goodies
Thermo Arms Inc FFL07/SOT
http://www.thermoarms.com/
727-776-4274

bmup
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bmup » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:28 pm

ipscscott wrote:
Big_Mike wrote:
SPP's and LPP's???

yep. If you wind up with some of the Federal NT cases, they use a small unlike the rest of the 45 world. Royal PITA. Worse than finding a damn GAP brass in your real 45's. [smilie=pdt_xtremez_13.gif]
Sounds like how I found out what Berdan primers can do to a decapping pin. (Ever see a 9mm case with 3 flash holes?) [smilie=011.gif] Now I make sure I clean every primer pocket with the little tool designed for the job - if it doesn't fit in the pocket, it's a SPP & goes into the bag with the rest of the NT cases. When I get enough of them I'll just set up my press for it & run off a bunch.
Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.

jfpjfpjfp

Post by jfpjfpjfp » Tue May 05, 2015 8:19 pm

I know this thread is a little stale, but it seems that no one actually answered a very reasonable question. So here goes.

Just finished 1000 rounds of Everglades 9 mm reloaded ammo. It was flawless; not a single problem.

Their 147 gr load is optimized for IDPA. It shoots very softly and easily met power factor out of my VP9 (4.1 in barrel). The velocity variance is also very low compared to what my own reloaded ammo does (and I try to be careful).

Bottom line is this -- they make very high quality practice/match ammo at a good price. Even if some Walmart factory brand was the same price, I'd go with Everglades as my experiences with cheap, bulk, factory ammo have been mixed, sometimes pretty bad.

I am definitely planning to buy from Everglades again. Wish they had much wider distribution.

lothar

Post by lothar » Wed May 06, 2015 4:30 pm

I have bought from them quite a few times,always projectiles 9mm,38spl,.223 always well packed and very fast shipping.Never been disappointed would recommend them for reloading needs never have bought ammo from them tho.

Nomadic

Post by Nomadic » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:58 am

I am looking to buy some 124gr 9mm bullets from them...can someone tell me the advantages/disadvantages of the concave base?

bmup
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bmup » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:12 pm

I have been buying all my projectiles from them since my 1st post on this thread (2012) & I am still impressed with their quality & prices. Shipping is insanely fast. Last time I ordered 230 gn .451 JHP, in came in one box & the UPS driver asked me if it was a box of hammers. I said yeah, kinda'. [smilie=011.gif]