Question Regarding Changes in Florida Laws and selling firearms

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Flame Red

Question Regarding Changes in Florida Laws and selling firearms

Post by Flame Red »

Forgive me gents, I tried searching the forum and I am not coming up with the answers.

My father-in-law passed away and my mother-in-law wants me to to sell his one "cheapie" firearm. He only had one revolver. and it is nothing I want or anything of tremendous value. I have not sold anything in years and I am not sure what the new laws require. I used to just try to advertise it on this forum and meet the Forum Member in a busy parking lot like I did in the old days. That still ok?

Also, I am am in Orange County and I think the Libiturds tried to pass some BS here in regards to gun shows. But I'll try selling his revolver private for her first and if not successful, I'll just take it over to Larry's successor at Shoot Straight and take his $25 offer they are famous for! :roll:
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

What kind of revolver is it? I've been trying to look for a reliable cheap one for my dad.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Flame Red wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:06 am I'll just take it over to Larry's successor at Shoot Straight and take his $25 offer they are famous for!
$25? Is it a Raven, Jiminez, Lorcin, or a Davis? FTF sales have not changed. GARY
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Thanks for all the replies! I'll list it here and see if anyone wants it.
Skoll wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:48 am What kind of revolver is it? I've been trying to look for a reliable cheap one for my dad.
It is a Taurus Judge, which shoots 45LC and 410 shotgun shells. :roll: We tried to talk him out of it when he bought it but that is what he wanted at the time.

I'll list it here, but I have to go over to my MIL and fetch it and see what shape it is in. I know he shot it so it works and he never seemed to have issues with it. I know she has some ammo but I am not sure if he kept the box and papers.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Flame Red wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:06 am My father-in-law passed away and my mother-in-law wants me to to sell his one "cheapie" firearm. He only had one revolver. and it is nothing I want or anything of tremendous value.
Not exactly a "cheapie" (depending on your definition of "cheap"). They're selling btwn $269 & $385 on GB, depending on model/color, condition.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Yeah, slap that thing on here, GB, and Armslist. It should sell if priced right, people love the Judge for some reason.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Taco

Post by Taco »

I'll take it...

I mean how much?
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

I'm going to go pick it up from my MIL this weekend. I don't want to post it until I can see its condition and grab a few pictures. I'll post it for a FTF on the BST.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Flame Red wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:25 pm I'm going to go pick it up from my MIL this weekend. I don't want to post it until I can see its condition and grab a few pictures. I'll post it for a FTF on the BST.
Don't forget to put your location in your profile and the ad.