Seller & Bellot Small Rifle Primers

Everything ammunition! What to use, where to get it, surplus ammo headstamps, the science of reloading and more.
Nomadic

Seller & Bellot Small Rifle Primers

Post by Nomadic » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:03 pm

I ran across these S&B primers at a gun show for a little less money than others, so I picked some up. I have been using them in My .223 AR15 with very good results. However I noticed something interesting today at the range. Definitely not scientific but I loaded 20 identical rounds with the only difference being 10 had Winchester SR primer and 10 had Seller & Bellot SR primer. I shot them through the chronograph and the S&B primers were 300fps faster than the Winchester. Also, the S&B primers seemed to have flattened out more the the Win, but there were no other signs of high pressure.

Has anyone else used these primers?

If so, what kind of results did you have

gforester
Executive Member
Executive Member

Re: Seller & Bellot Small Rifle Primers

Post by gforester » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:11 pm

I have been using the S&B small pistol magnum primers for almost two years now. I bought them when other SP primers simply were not available. I have used them in both standard and magnum pistol loads and they have worked flawlessly. As far as I am concerned they are every bit as good as anything else. That said, I have not chronographed any of my loads using them so no comment on how they effected velocity.