September Postal Match?

Compete with your fellow FSN Members without leaving your home shooting range. Better known as the "Shoot n Mail."
dontbelieve

September Postal Match?

Post by dontbelieve » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:35 pm

Is anyone gonna do one for Sept?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Re: September Postal Match?

Post by Onree » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:53 pm

Go for it. [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif] If its pistol, you can count on Mrs Onree and myself. That is unless people don't want us not to enter. [smilie=011.gif]
Last edited by Onree on Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is an undeniable cultural difference. It's the difference in the mindset of those who believe they are owed a living, and those who believe success is the result of hard work.

Chester Field

Post by Chester Field » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:24 pm

Mrs Field and I are interested. Any restrictions on caliber, or will that just depend on the number of participants?
Common Sense: So rare, it's like a super power...

bmup
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bmup » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:53 pm

Since this IS September, maybe one of the targets should be something like this?
https://server2.hotspotairsoft.com/hots ... target.jpg _:

Sign me up anyway, sounds like fun.

Bmup
Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.
-- Yoshimi Ishikawa, Japanese author, in the LA Times 15 Oct 1992

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:55 pm

SS won't allow actual pictures as targets. However a full sized zombie is OK. :ham'r
There is an undeniable cultural difference. It's the difference in the mindset of those who believe they are owed a living, and those who believe success is the result of hard work.

bmup
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bmup » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:10 pm

Pelosi?
Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power.

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:36 am

Hey now! Why you gotta go disrespecting zombies like that? That's just low. [smilie=011.gif]

BTW, any ideas for September Postal Match? Hello? Anyone? Hello?

dontbelieve

Post by dontbelieve » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:45 am

Well I didn't mean I was gonna start one, but when I get home from work I will find some targets to choose from and try to make one for Sept. Any suggestions? Caliber, weapon etc.

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 am

That's the spirit! =D>

Since you will be making the match, you can use decide if its going to be pistol or rifle. You may want to look back through some of the recent matches to get some ideas.

One suggestion, don't make the targets so small that those of us with less than perfect vision can't see the target. [smilie=011.gif]

I've done a few of these, so if you have questions just let me know. :ber

Rentprop1
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Rentprop1 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:28 pm

Onree wrote:

BTW, any ideas for September Postal Match? Hello? Anyone? Hello?
how about an air gun or BB match, most folks could set one up in their back yard
In the days of the old west a 6 shooter was as common as cell phones are today and just annoying if they go off in a theater.

dontbelieve

Post by dontbelieve » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:11 pm

I am kinda leaning towards a rifle match since I havent seen one in a few months. I got 500 rounds of .22LR just dying to fly. Still looking for a target or targets. I hate not being able to shoot pictures of people. Zombie OK not people. Zombies have feelings too, or maybe not :ham'r

bmup
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bmup » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:16 pm

.22 rifle sounds good to me too. I still have an old Winchester bolt action single that my dad gave me when I was maybe 10 or 12, a Calico M100S & a bunch of boxes of .22 that don't cycle well thru the auto pistols. Iron sights on both, though.

Here is one source of printable targets: http://www.ammoman.com/targets/targets1.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and another source can be found here: http://www.targetz.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but that's only a suggestion. Other sources are out there too or you may have your own you could post.

Hope this helps. :ber

Bmup

CZADNA

Post by CZADNA » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:57 am

Well, I have a cheap Daisy bb pistol, a .17HMR and a couple .22 rifles.

I would also like to know where I can take all my rifles & ammo to and, shoot for free. Anyone have some land I can scatter targets on?

Bill

dontbelieve

Post by dontbelieve » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:39 pm

OK after dicking around I finally got to the range with my rifle. I found out my scope is junk and I had a feeding issue. I still wanted to do a challenge so here it is.

You get 5 rounds on target at 25 yards "the max at the range I use" with iron sights only. You can use bi-pods or shooting rests. Here is the target we will be shooting

http://www.targetz.com/targetzlib/10002.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Happy hunting and I will try to get back to the range this weekend or next. Good luck shooters [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif] [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]

bmup
Life Member
Life Member

Post by bmup » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:43 pm

Looks good to me DB. Family issues cropped up for me this weekend & I have to run out to Sebring but I should be able to get out to the range sometime the week after or so.

I like your target but to clarify "5 rounds on target" means - we get 5 rounds to hit the red dot, or ONE round for the red dot and ONE round on each of the black squares, or do we shoot 5 rounds at the red dot AND 5 rounds at EACH of the 4 black squares? (Just trying to save myself imbarrasment later, heheh)

Anyway, good target & I can't wait to break out the ancient Winchester bolt action. When I was a lad I could shoot the gnads off a gnat with it but I'm certain that the rifle is not nearly as accurate as it once was. (ahem) Has anyone seen my glasses? They were just here a minute ago...

Bmup

dontbelieve

Post by dontbelieve » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:10 pm

Sorry about that, I meant 1 round per each target 4 black and 1 red. 5 shots total per target. Hope I can see that thing at 25 yards with iron sights.. Image