Chris' Handgun Postal Match: April

Compete with your fellow FSN Members without leaving your home shooting range. Better known as the "Shoot n Mail."
User avatar
Onree
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 6123
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:53 am
Location: Lakeland

Re: Chris' Handgun Postal Match: April

Post by Onree » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:25 pm

ipscscott wrote:I think they ought to be disqualified for using non-regulation targets! [smilie=stirthepot.gif]
=:vio [smilie=012.gif] =:vio [smilie=012.gif] =:vio [smilie=012.gif] =:vio [smilie=012.gif] [smilie=011.gif]
There is an undeniable cultural difference. It's the difference in the mindset of those who believe they are owed a living, and those who believe success is the result of hard work.

User avatar
LurkMastR
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 1945
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:34 pm
Location: Oviedo, FL

Re: Chris' Handgun Postal Match: April

Post by LurkMastR » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:35 pm

I think I'm gonna stop whining about Mrs. Onree out-shooting all of us and beg her for lessons. [smilie=011.gif]

User avatar
JBUG99999
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:16 pm
Location: Lakeland, FL

Re: Chris' Handgun Postal Match: April

Post by JBUG99999 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:39 pm

Lessons are about all I'm good for right now. This "tennis elbow" thing SUCKS and I've never even held a tennis racket. I'm really paying for spending last night at the range. (Yeah, I know, I probably should have ridden the bench like I planned.) #-o

The 25 yard target was a complete Hail Mary, I could not see the target that far and had no clue if I was hitting it or not.

User avatar
HeWhoShoots
Member
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 6:04 am
Location: Brandon, FL

Re: Chris' Handgun Postal Match: April

Post by HeWhoShoots » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:34 am

I'm planning on hitting the range tomorrow and Wednesday. Will try my luck on the targets again :)
--Chris

User avatar
Onree
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 6123
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:53 am
Location: Lakeland

Re: Chris' Handgun Postal Match: April

Post by Onree » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:42 pm

Since the X-Five has been shipped off for some TLC, I'll be shooting with a Glock (/cringe) next month.

This is what I can barley hit with a Glock... [smilie=011.gif]
Image
There is an undeniable cultural difference. It's the difference in the mindset of those who believe they are owed a living, and those who believe success is the result of hard work.

User avatar
HeWhoShoots
Member
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 6:04 am
Location: Brandon, FL

Re: Chris' Handgun Postal Match: April

Post by HeWhoShoots » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:04 pm

Went to the range today, had a great time shooting my 10/22...but my 9mm's rear sight has a pin missing #-o so I didn't get any Postal Match shooting in today. Hopefully Wednesday.
--Chris

User avatar
utf59
Member
Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:01 am
Location: Orange Park

Re: Chris' Handgun Postal Match: April

Post by utf59 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:56 am

Two firsts for me — a postal match and linking images from photobucket.

I shot three pistols at 7 yards. I didn't max out my scores, but I went ahead and shot them at 15 yards, despite doubling the entry fee. [smilie=011.gif]

I forgot to mark the type of sights on the targets — they are all iron sights.

7 yards

Image

Image

Image


15 yards

Image

Image

Image

I'll let you do the scoring.

User avatar
Onree
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 6123
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:53 am
Location: Lakeland

Re: Chris' Handgun Postal Match: April

Post by Onree » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:35 am

Nice job and congratulation on popping two cherries in one day! [smilie=011.gif]
There is an undeniable cultural difference. It's the difference in the mindset of those who believe they are owed a living, and those who believe success is the result of hard work.

User avatar
HeWhoShoots
Member
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 6:04 am
Location: Brandon, FL

Re: Chris' Handgun Postal Match: April

Post by HeWhoShoots » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:58 pm

utf59 wrote:Two firsts for me — a postal match and linking images from photobucket.

I shot three pistols at 7 yards. I didn't max out my scores, but I went ahead and shot them at 15 yards, despite doubling the entry fee. [smilie=011.gif]
Good job! =D>

holes x points =
I forgot to mark the type of sights on the targets — they are all iron sights.

7 yards

Image
3 x 10 = 30
2 x 3 = 6
Total = 36

Image
4 x 10 = 40
1 x 5 = 5
Total = 45

Image
4 x 10 = 40
1 x 5 = 5
Total = 45

15 yards

Image
3 x 5 = 15
1 x 3 = 3
1 x 1 = 1
Total = 19

Image
4 x 3 = 12
1 x 1 = 1
Total = 13

Image
1 x 10 = 10
1 x 5 = 5
3 x 3 = 9
Total = 24
I'll let you do the scoring.
Let me know if you think I counted wrong [smilie=pdt_xtremez_13.gif]

Two of my pistols are out of action at the moment, so I didn't get a chance to give it all a second try this month.
--Chris

User avatar
Cracker
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2164
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:11 am
Location: Davie, Florida

Re: Chris' Handgun Postal Match: April

Post by Cracker » Sat May 01, 2010 9:55 am

I missed this month's match, but printed out the target anyway, thinking I might shoot it just for fun. When I looked at it, I became confused. I'm used to a bullseye or X ring, surrounded by the 10 ring and progressively larger 9, 8, 7, etc. rings. This target clearly says that the bullseye is 4 inches which, when I printed it, is the diameter of the black area. That seems a bit large to me and does not appear to be consistent with the way the target was scored. The inner two inch ring was scored as 10 and the next ring out, as 5. That does not seem to match the text on the target or any convention I'm used to.

Don't get me wrong. I don't care how we score this as long as we're consistent and all understand the rules the same way. I would appreciate some clarification and suggest that, whatever is decided, that we do a bit better job of explaining the rules.

Lee

Image[/quote]

3 x 10 = 30
2 x 5 = 10
So total = 40
Nice Shootin'!
________________________________________________________
In God We Trust

User avatar
HeWhoShoots
Member
Member
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 6:04 am
Location: Brandon, FL

Re: Chris' Handgun Postal Match: April

Post by HeWhoShoots » Sat May 01, 2010 11:32 am

Thanks to everyone who participated! I'll be posting up May's soon.
Cracker wrote:...
Don't get me wrong. I don't care how we score this as long as we're consistent and all understand the rules the same way. I would appreciate some clarification and suggest that, whatever is decided, that we do a bit better job of explaining the rules.
In the first post I typed out:
* Inner circle in center is 10 points, next ring out is 5 points, next ring out is 3 points, next ring out is 1 point
There are 4 areas for points on the target, and 4 different point values assigned. Not sure how I could be any clearer than that? But then, I'm not a technical writer by any means, and what makes sense to me doesn't always make sense to others [smilie=011.gif] . If you or anyone else has a suggestion on how to better explain it then please post it and we'll use that going forward when we next use that target & scoring system again. :ber


My intent is to do something different each month, maybe cycle through 4 or 5 options through out the year. Keep it fresh. So, May will be different [smilie=pdt_xtremez_13.gif]
--Chris

User avatar
Cracker
Life Member
Life Member
Posts: 2164
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:11 am
Location: Davie, Florida

Re: Chris' Handgun Postal Match: April

Post by Cracker » Sun May 02, 2010 8:21 am

HeWhoShoots wrote:Thanks to everyone who participated! I'll be posting up May's soon.
Cracker wrote:...
Don't get me wrong. I don't care how we score this as long as we're consistent and all understand the rules the same way. I would appreciate some clarification and suggest that, whatever is decided, that we do a bit better job of explaining the rules.
In the first post I typed out:
* Inner circle in center is 10 points, next ring out is 5 points, next ring out is 3 points, next ring out is 1 point
There are 4 areas for points on the target, and 4 different point values assigned. Not sure how I could be any clearer than that? But then, I'm not a technical writer by any means, and what makes sense to me doesn't always make sense to others [smilie=011.gif] . If you or anyone else has a suggestion on how to better explain it then please post it and we'll use that going forward when we next use that target & scoring system again. :ber


My intent is to do something different each month, maybe cycle through 4 or 5 options through out the year. Keep it fresh. So, May will be different [smilie=pdt_xtremez_13.gif]
I guess I missed that post. It was clear enough. I didn't learn of the match until it was over, so didn't read everything as closely as I should have. Still, since you asked how you could have been more clear, perhaps by not using a target that says the bullseye is 4 inches right on the face of the target.

Of course, this months (May) are pretty much foolproof. I put five holes in the bowling pin yesterday with a suppressed .22 with iron sights. I'll try to get by one of the local ranges to put some holes in light bulbs sometime next week. The suppressor quiets the report of my .22 enough that I'm not worried about the new Broward County shot detectors, but nothing suppresses the clang of the bullet hitting my steel bullet trap enough that I'm sure my neighbors won't notice.
________________________________________________________
In God We Trust

Post Reply