Chris' Handgun Postal Match: April

Compete with your fellow FSN Members without leaving your home shooting range. Better known as the "Shoot n Mail."
Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Chris' Handgun Postal Match: April

Post by Onree » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:25 pm

ipscscott wrote:I think they ought to be disqualified for using non-regulation targets! [smilie=stirthepot.gif]
=:vio [smilie=012.gif] =:vio [smilie=012.gif] =:vio [smilie=012.gif] =:vio [smilie=012.gif] [smilie=011.gif]
There is an undeniable cultural difference. It's the difference in the mindset of those who believe they are owed a living, and those who believe success is the result of hard work.

LurkMastR
Life Member
Life Member

Post by LurkMastR » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:35 pm

I think I'm gonna stop whining about Mrs. Onree out-shooting all of us and beg her for lessons. [smilie=011.gif]

JBUG99999

Post by JBUG99999 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:39 pm

Lessons are about all I'm good for right now. This "tennis elbow" thing SUCKS and I've never even held a tennis racket. I'm really paying for spending last night at the range. (Yeah, I know, I probably should have ridden the bench like I planned.) #-o

The 25 yard target was a complete Hail Mary, I could not see the target that far and had no clue if I was hitting it or not.

HeWhoShoots

Post by HeWhoShoots » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:34 am

I'm planning on hitting the range tomorrow and Wednesday. Will try my luck on the targets again :)
--Chris

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:42 pm

Since the X-Five has been shipped off for some TLC, I'll be shooting with a Glock (/cringe) next month.

This is what I can barley hit with a Glock... [smilie=011.gif]
There is an undeniable cultural difference. It's the difference in the mindset of those who believe they are owed a living, and those who believe success is the result of hard work.

HeWhoShoots

Post by HeWhoShoots » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:04 pm

Went to the range today, had a great time shooting my 10/22...but my 9mm's rear sight has a pin missing #-o so I didn't get any Postal Match shooting in today. Hopefully Wednesday.
--Chris

utf59

Post by utf59 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:56 am

Two firsts for me — a postal match and linking images from photobucket.

I shot three pistols at 7 yards. I didn't max out my scores, but I went ahead and shot them at 15 yards, despite doubling the entry fee. [smilie=011.gif]

I forgot to mark the type of sights on the targets — they are all iron sights.

7 yards

15 yards

I'll let you do the scoring.

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:35 am

Nice job and congratulation on popping two cherries in one day! [smilie=011.gif]

HeWhoShoots

Post by HeWhoShoots » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:58 pm

utf59 wrote:Two firsts for me — a postal match and linking images from photobucket.

I shot three pistols at 7 yards. I didn't max out my scores, but I went ahead and shot them at 15 yards, despite doubling the entry fee. [smilie=011.gif]
Good job! =D>

holes x points =
I forgot to mark the type of sights on the targets — they are all iron sights.

7 yards

3 x 10 = 30
2 x 3 = 6
Total = 36

4 x 10 = 40
1 x 5 = 5
Total = 45

4 x 10 = 40
1 x 5 = 5
Total = 45

15 yards

3 x 5 = 15
1 x 3 = 3
1 x 1 = 1
Total = 19

4 x 3 = 12
1 x 1 = 1
Total = 13

1 x 10 = 10
1 x 5 = 5
3 x 3 = 9
Total = 24
I'll let you do the scoring.
Let me know if you think I counted wrong [smilie=pdt_xtremez_13.gif]

Two of my pistols are out of action at the moment, so I didn't get a chance to give it all a second try this month.
--Chris

Cracker
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cracker » Sat May 01, 2010 9:55 am

I missed this month's match, but printed out the target anyway, thinking I might shoot it just for fun. When I looked at it, I became confused. I'm used to a bullseye or X ring, surrounded by the 10 ring and progressively larger 9, 8, 7, etc. rings. This target clearly says that the bullseye is 4 inches which, when I printed it, is the diameter of the black area. That seems a bit large to me and does not appear to be consistent with the way the target was scored. The inner two inch ring was scored as 10 and the next ring out, as 5. That does not seem to match the text on the target or any convention I'm used to.

Don't get me wrong. I don't care how we score this as long as we're consistent and all understand the rules the same way. I would appreciate some clarification and suggest that, whatever is decided, that we do a bit better job of explaining the rules.

Lee

Image[/quote]

3 x 10 = 30
2 x 5 = 10
So total = 40
Nice Shootin'!

HeWhoShoots

Post by HeWhoShoots » Sat May 01, 2010 11:32 am

Thanks to everyone who participated! I'll be posting up May's soon.
Cracker wrote:...
Don't get me wrong. I don't care how we score this as long as we're consistent and all understand the rules the same way. I would appreciate some clarification and suggest that, whatever is decided, that we do a bit better job of explaining the rules.
In the first post I typed out:
* Inner circle in center is 10 points, next ring out is 5 points, next ring out is 3 points, next ring out is 1 point
There are 4 areas for points on the target, and 4 different point values assigned. Not sure how I could be any clearer than that? But then, I'm not a technical writer by any means, and what makes sense to me doesn't always make sense to others [smilie=011.gif] . If you or anyone else has a suggestion on how to better explain it then please post it and we'll use that going forward when we next use that target & scoring system again. :ber

My intent is to do something different each month, maybe cycle through 4 or 5 options through out the year. Keep it fresh. So, May will be different [smilie=pdt_xtremez_13.gif]
--Chris

Cracker
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Cracker » Sun May 02, 2010 8:21 am

HeWhoShoots wrote:Thanks to everyone who participated! I'll be posting up May's soon.
Cracker wrote:...
In the first post I typed out:
* Inner circle in center is 10 points, next ring out is 5 points, next ring out is 3 points, next ring out is 1 point
There are 4 areas for points on the target, and 4 different point values assigned. Not sure how I could be any clearer than that? But then, I'm not a technical writer by any means, and what makes sense to me doesn't always make sense to others [smilie=011.gif] . If you or anyone else has a suggestion on how to better explain it then please post it and we'll use that going forward when we next use that target & scoring system again. :ber

My intent is to do something different each month, maybe cycle through 4 or 5 options through out the year. Keep it fresh. So, May will be different [smilie=pdt_xtremez_13.gif]
I guess I missed that post. It was clear enough. I didn't learn of the match until it was over, so didn't read everything as closely as I should have. Still, since you asked how you could have been more clear, perhaps by not using a target that says the bullseye is 4 inches right on the face of the target.

Of course, this months (May) are pretty much foolproof. I put five holes in the bowling pin yesterday with a suppressed .22 with iron sights. I'll try to get by one of the local ranges to put some holes in light bulbs sometime next week. The suppressor quiets the report of my .22 enough that I'm not worried about the new Broward County shot detectors, but nothing suppresses the clang of the bullet hitting my steel bullet trap enough that I'm sure my neighbors won't notice.