Turkey Time Postal Match

Compete with your fellow FSN Members without leaving your home shooting range. Better known as the "Shoot n Mail."
gforester
Executive Member
Executive Member

Turkey Time Postal Match

Post by gforester » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:00 pm

Okay all you gobblers out there, time for another postal match. We are going to use one of Onree's targets from last winter for this match.

You can download the target from here: http://www.reloadbench.com/pdf/files/ei ... target.pdf

Rules are simple, must use a handgun with iron sights, no lasers or scopes, free hand shooting, no rests.

Handgun must be a 9mm, .38, .357, .44 or .45 caliber for large bore class, limited to 6" barrel length.

You may also use a .25, .32 or 380 caliber for small bore class, limited to 3.5" barrel length.

Oh what the heck, we can also have a rimfire class with a 6" barrel limit.

Shooting distances will be at 15, 25 and 30 feet.

Shooters will take 5 shots at each distance with a maximum score of 50 points for each distance.

Scoring will be based on 10 points for bullseye, 5 points for the inner white ring, 3 points for the blue ring and 1 point for the outer white ring.
(no points for shots that land outside the last black circle.)

Shots landing on the ring separator line will score the higher of the two values.

Shooting may commence at your discretion but targets (scans or digital pictures) must be posted in this thread no later than midnight November 30, 2009 to count.

Be safe, good luck and good shooting.

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Re: Turkey Time Postal Match

Post by Onree » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:53 pm

The Mrs and I will do our best this weekend. We will guesstimate the 5, 8 and 10 yard distances.
There is an undeniable cultural difference. It's the difference in the mindset of those who believe they are owed a living, and those who believe success is the result of hard work.

gforester
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gforester » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:43 pm

Well, I didn't waste any time getting my first submission in. A couple friends and I went shooting today so I brought along a few targets I had printed out. I was shooting my H&K .45 USP with my reloaded ammo. I was using 185 and 200 grain flat nosed copper plated lead bullets.

At 15 feet I was near perfect with a score of 50 points.

At 25 feet I got a little sloppy and only managed a score of 36 points. ( I need to work on my breathing as I shoot lol.)

At 30 feet I did slightly better with a score of 40 points. (Remember, if you catch the line you get the higher of the two scores.)

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:00 pm

We hit the range last night and had a great time. Here are our targets....

Mrs Onree: SIG 220 in .45 ACP

Onree: SIG X-Five in 9mm

Onree: Buckmark UDX in .22LR Damn cheap ass 22 ammo drifted at greater distances.
There is an undeniable cultural difference. It's the difference in the mindset of those who believe they are owed a living, and those who believe success is the result of hard work.

gforester
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gforester » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:54 pm

I see that Ms Onree hasn't lost her touch with the .45 yet.

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:03 pm

gforester wrote:I see that Ms Onree hasn't lost her touch with the .45 yet.
Yea, if I had a dollar for every guy that has watched her shoot and than looked at me and said "Don't piss her off!" I would be a very, very rich man! [smilie=011.gif]

utf59

Post by utf59 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:22 am

You've got a wife who goes shooting with you and shoots like that? You're already a very rich man. =D>

gforester
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gforester » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:57 am

Hmmm, I am going to have to up my game if I want to keep up with Ms Onree it seems.

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:34 am

utf59 wrote:You've got a wife who goes shooting with you and shoots like that? You're already a very rich man. =D>
You are a very wise man! [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:41 pm

gforester wrote:Shooting may commence at your discretion but targets (scans or digital pictures) must be posted in this thread no later than midnight November 30, 2009 to count.
Did you extent the deadline or is this match closed?