First Pistol Postal Match of 2009 - Winners Announced

Compete with your fellow FSN Members without leaving your home shooting range. Better known as the "Shoot n Mail."
Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Re: First Pistol Postal Match of 2009

Post by Onree » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:15 am

gforester wrote:I bought some fresh ammo this week. Can I enter more than once if I go back to the range on Friday or Saturday?
Sorry, only if you go to the range on Thursday can we allow additional entries to be made. [smilie=madeyes.gif]

Go have a good time and good luck! We'll be on the lookout for your new targets.
There is an undeniable cultural difference. It's the difference in the mindset of those who believe they are owed a living, and those who believe success is the result of hard work.

gforester
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gforester » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:52 am

Onree wrote:
gforester wrote:I bought some fresh ammo this week. Can I enter more than once if I go back to the range on Friday or Saturday?
Sorry, only if you go to the range on Thursday can we allow additional entries to be made. [smilie=madeyes.gif]

Go have a good time and good luck! We'll be on the lookout for your new targets.
by Onree on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:35 am

Due to the lack of participation in this postal match, I'm going to extend it till Feb 1 11:59pm and see if that helps.
Isn't Feb 1st on Sunday? If so then entries need to be submitted no later than Sunday night? Or since mine is a resubmission I have to post mine 3 days earlier? [smilie=012.gif]

Don't piss me off, I'll ask for my money back! [smilie=icon_smile.gif]

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:46 am

Just messing with ya... you're good until Sunday night.

All refunds are subject to a 345% processing fee. You should see an invoice in the mail - payment of that invoice is due before your refund can be processed. Thank you for shooting with us.
There is an undeniable cultural difference. It's the difference in the mindset of those who believe they are owed a living, and those who believe success is the result of hard work.

HAL

Post by HAL » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:07 pm

Onree wrote:
HAL wrote:Did I miss something or am I in the future?? Maybe the Domain controller at work is off?
Onree wrote:Due to the lack of participation in this postal match, I'm going to extend it till Feb 1 11:59pm and see if that helps.
HAL - Guess you missed that post. Now, go shoot some targets. _:

The seven day thing - yea, well... I guess I just can't count or have the mental capacity to properly read a calendar. :ham'r
Yes I did miss that post!! The range I shoot at is closed this weekend. I will have to catch the next match.

HAL
"A brother may not be a friend, but a friend will always be a brother." - Ben Franklin (1706-1790)
“I want to be an achiever, like Bad Horse” – Dr. Horrible

LurkMastR
Life Member
Life Member

Post by LurkMastR » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:28 pm

Here's my targets. I did much better than I did in the previous match (didn't even bother to post the targets), but there's still plenty of room for improvement. I think I started rushing my shots since I did this on my lunch break today.

These were shot with a Glock G-22 (40S&W) at 7 yards. I put a sheet of yellow-lined or light blue colored paper behind the targets during scan to see if the holes would show up better.
Target1_582x800.jpg
Target2_582x800.jpg

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:10 am

Lurk, that's a great way to spend your lunch break!

The wife and I were at the range again last night. She wasn't feeling so well, so she didn't get around to shooting the red target with her 45. However, I put some 22LR down range.

Gun: Buckmark UDX .22LR (no modifications)

Practice - 20 rounds at 7 yards.

Red Target. (Two rounds side-by-side)

Black Target.

I wanted to see if I could group the red target a little tighter. I squeezed off one round and thought it looked pretty close to center so I pull it back in to take a look-see. [smilie=icon_eek.gif]

LurkMastR
Life Member
Life Member

Post by LurkMastR » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:44 am

Showoff! [smilie=011.gif]

Seriously though, that's awesome. My goal is to be that accurate and consistent.

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:51 am

LurkMastR wrote:Showoff! [smilie=011.gif]

Seriously though, that's awesome. My goal is to be that accurate and consistent.
[smilie=011.gif]

If I could only shoot 9 and 45 that accurately. =:vio

JBUG99999

Post by JBUG99999 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:48 pm

Here's my red center target from tonight, shot with my new Sig P220 in .45.....

LurkMastR
Life Member
Life Member

Post by LurkMastR » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:22 am

Ok, I vote for requiring that Mrs. Onree has to start shooting her targets at 10 yards while the rest of us get to shoot at 7. [smilie=011.gif]

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:12 pm

Be careful what you ask for. Now that she has that 220 Target Match she's gonna be able to make groups like that at 15 yards before long.

Her other 220 has a 3.9 inch barrel. This new one has a 5 inch barrel.

Maybe I should start a 3 yard match.

JBUG99999

Post by JBUG99999 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:36 pm

LurkMastR wrote:Ok, I vote for requiring that Mrs. Onree has to start shooting her targets at 10 yards while the rest of us get to shoot at 7. [smilie=011.gif]
LOL

I have off days at the range, where I don't shoot very well at all. Luckily, Saturday wasn't one of those days for me! [smilie=003.gif]

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:55 pm

When she says "off," she means by an inch, maybe and inch and a half. Those are the targets that get tossed in the trash. I've been tempted to dig em out and claim them as my own. [smilie=011.gif]

Off. Whatever.

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Re: First Pistol Postal Match of 2009 - Winners Announced

Post by Onree » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:01 pm

Sorry I forgot to update this thread with the official winners. I guess I've been in shock over the Stillers winning the Super Bowl. GO STILLERS!

Winners:
22LR - SKSman and Onree both with scores of 100 (perfect score)
9mm - Onree with a score of 99
40 - LurkMastR with a score of 74
45 - Mrs Onree with a score 100 (perfect score)

gforester
Executive Member
Executive Member

Post by gforester » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:55 am

I think Mrs. Onree needs to be handicapped to give us mere mortals a chance. What say we make her shoot one-handed. If that doesn't even things out enough we could make it be her left hand. /:f

I picked up a nice Beretta 9mm last week. I'll try it out for the next competition. I just can't seem to make my G22 do anything consistant. I tend to consistently shoot left and low with the G22. With my XD40sc I shoot straight for the most part but usually too low. Maybe I will do better with the Beretta.

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:00 pm

gforester wrote:I think Mrs. Onree needs to be handicapped to give us mere mortals a chance. What say we make her shoot one-handed. If that doesn't even things out enough we could make it be her left hand. /:f

I picked up a nice Beretta 9mm last week. I'll try it out for the next competition. I just can't seem to make my G22 do anything consistant. I tend to consistently shoot left and low with the G22. With my XD40sc I shoot straight for the most part but usually too low. Maybe I will do better with the Beretta.
I was thinking about setting up an off-hand competition. However, the Mrs is also very good at that too. [smilie=011.gif]

Me - not so much. I'll be lucky to be within 4 inches of the center.