Postal Match - Pistol Version (5-31 thru 6-9) Winners posted

Compete with your fellow FSN Members without leaving your home shooting range. Better known as the "Shoot n Mail."
Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Postal Match - Pistol Version (5-31 thru 6-9) Winners posted

Post by Onree » Sat May 31, 2008 2:31 pm

How about a pistol postal match?

Pistol Rules:
• No scopes, no rests.
• One handed or two handed shooting allowed.
• Caliber: 22LR, 9mm, 40SW and 45ACP
• Targets must be shot and uploaded no later than 11:59 June 9th, 2008.
• 50 points max per circle, 300 points total max. (Five (5) rounds per circle)
• Shots on ring will get higher score if 50% or more of the shot lies inside ring.
• Shooting distance: 7 or 15 yards.
(Not required to shoot at both distances to enter)
• One distance per page.

Questions or issues resulting from scoring is decided by the referees (I need two volunteers).

Winners will be broken down by distance and caliber.

Here's a link to the PDF: Pistol Match Target
The center of the circle (white area) should be one (1) inch. The outter edge (black area) should measure two (2) inches across. If you're having a problem with the size, ensure "Page Scaling" is set to NONE when you print.

I added an age line to the target as it would be great to see some of our young shooters included in this shoot!

Winners posted on page 3.
Last edited by Onree on Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
There is an undeniable cultural difference. It's the difference in the mindset of those who believe they are owed a living, and those who believe success is the result of hard work.

HAL

Re: Postal Match - Pistol Version (5-31 thru 6-9)

Post by HAL » Sat May 31, 2008 3:32 pm

Just printed the target for the range trip this week. Hope I can shoot worth at least 200 points.

HAL
"A brother may not be a friend, but a friend will always be a brother." - Ben Franklin (1706-1790)
“I want to be an achiever, like Bad Horse” – Dr. Horrible

Mahamotorworks

Post by Mahamotorworks » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:02 am

Just wanted to bring this to the top again.

I will be shooting it this week.

MAHA

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:02 pm

Any get a chance to shoot this weekend? If so, post up your targets!
There is an undeniable cultural difference. It's the difference in the mindset of those who believe they are owed a living, and those who believe success is the result of hard work.

miamitj
Life Member
Life Member

Post by miamitj » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:30 pm

I did not see this till tonight -- and I was at the range this AM .... I will shoot this when I shoot the battle rifle shoot I'm putting up later tonight.
Omi R.

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:34 pm

miamitj wrote:I did not see this till tonight -- and I was at the range this AM .... I will shoot this when I shoot the battle rifle shoot I'm putting up later tonight.
Very cool!

The wife and I will be hitting the range Friday and we'll have pictures posted Saturday. I'm sure she'll out shoot me hands down! =:vio

dee loo

Post by dee loo » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:08 pm

Onree,

I would like to do this, but the public range Trail Glades, does'nt allow multiple targets (Crappy shooters hitting the target frames). Can I cut up the target, and shoot each individually. Omi, are you shooting this at TG or at Pop's?
NRA Life Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Sports Vision Optometrist, Galatians 2:16, John 6:37

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:21 am

Go for it dee loo. [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]

Good luck!

miamitj
Life Member
Life Member

Post by miamitj » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:25 am

dee loo wrote:Onree,

I would like to do this, but the public range Trail Glades, does'nt allow multiple targets (Crappy shooters hitting the target frames). Can I cut up the target, and shoot each individually. Omi, are you shooting this at TG or at Pop's?

TG .. I did not even think about that ... :(
Omi R.

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:34 am

I so glad I don't have to deal with crap like that at SS. Say what you want about em, they're are super cool when it comes to shooting there! =D>

miamitj
Life Member
Life Member

Post by miamitj » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:51 am

I think I may shoot this at fl indoor range
Omi R.

HeWhoShoots

Post by HeWhoShoots » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:48 pm

Cool! I might get a chance to do this tonight. Taking my CWL class tonight, I'll see if I have time to do some normal shooting too. If not, I'll definately do it before the deadline!

I'll be using my 9mm Taurus PT99AFS at 7 yards and 15 yards, my only handgun with iron sights. Hmm, actually, I also have a KelTec P11 9mm, not exactly a target gun but be fun to try :D Can you enter two different guns of the same caliber?

I'd shoot my .22 pistol and .44 revolver as well, but they both have optical/holo sights. I wouldn't call them scopes per se, since they don't magnify, but definately an advantage over iron sights. Maybe sometime in the future, if enough interest, we can also have a scoped/optical/holo sight class?
--Chris

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:24 pm

HeWhoShoots wrote:Cool! I might get a chance to do this tonight. Taking my CWL class tonight, I'll see if I have time to do some normal shooting too. If not, I'll definately do it before the deadline!

I'll be using my 9mm Taurus PT99AFS at 7 yards and 15 yards, my only handgun with iron sights. Hmm, actually, I also have a KelTec P11 9mm, not exactly a target gun but be fun to try :D Can you enter two different guns of the same caliber?
Congrads on the CWL class! [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]

Feel free to shoot as many different guns as you'd like. Its all about having fun! Shoot em up!

HeWhoShoots

Post by HeWhoShoots » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:23 pm

Onree wrote:Congrads on the CWL class! [smilie=pdt_xtremez_30.gif]

Feel free to shoot as many different guns as you'd like. Its all about having fun! Shoot em up!
Thanks! I now have the certificate that gives me permission to give the state $100 (or so) so that they can tell me it's now OK for me to exercise my rights...

Didn't get a chance to shoot for the postal match. I'll have to go back in a few days.

Too bad there isn't a 3 yard category, lol. That's the distance they had us shoot at in the class.
--Chris

HAL

Post by HAL » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:41 pm

I am on my way to pick up MAHA and go shoot both the pistol and battle rifle matches. I will probably scan the targets at work and post them in a day or so.
Wish me luck...

[-o<

HAL
"A brother may not be a friend, but a friend will always be a brother." - Ben Franklin (1706-1790)

Onree
Life Member
Life Member

Post by Onree » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:01 pm

HAL wrote:I am on my way to pick up MAHA and go shoot both the pistol and battle rifle matches. I will probably scan the targets at work and post them in a day or so.
Wish me luck...

[-o<

HAL
Very cool! Looking forward to see some targets posted. The wife and I will have ours posted Saturday.

Best of luck to ya'll! _:

HAL

Post by HAL » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:27 pm

Shot both matches tonight. I don't think my targets are worth posting... I shot it twice from 7 yards with a SIG226 chambered in 40S&W and a M&P40. I shot 60 points each time. I have shot handguns before but not really in a long time. I would guess not bad for a "beginner". Will post my targets after I get them scanned in the morning.

I think I shot a 45 in the watermellon match. I used MAHAs AR-15, prone. First time shooting it, I had a decent group in the 2 pt area.

EDIT: Added my two targets.
Shot with the M&P

Shot with the SIG226

HAL.

LurkMastR
Life Member
Life Member

Post by LurkMastR » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:18 am

Don't feel too bad, Hal. I shot the pistol targets yesterday at lunch, and I came away with a 60 also on the 7 yard targets. I didn't even try it at 15 yards. IMHO, your targets looked quite a bit better than mine even though we had the same score. A few of my shots were way off.

So here's my list of excuses why I didn't do very well:

1. I was shooting a sub-compact (Glock G-27, .40S&W).
2. I was using a brand new G-23 magazine and grip sleeve in addition to a couple of mags with +0 extensions and a couple of mags with no extensions.
3. It was hotter than usual on the indoor range.
4. Shooters on the adjacent lanes were crowding me somewhat.
5. My eyesight is getting worse.
6. I couldn't hold the pistol truly steady on target.
7. etc etc etc
[smilie=012.gif]

Yeah, yeah, I know, I know. =:vio

After seeing how I did, I just tossed the target in the trash. I'm sure excuse number 6 is the primary reason for my performance. Last night I did some dry fire practice, and I could see that as the trigger would break, there was a slight but noticeable jiggle. So I need more practice and focus on my trigger technique and keeping it steady.

Maybe next time I'll do better.

miamitj
Life Member
Life Member

Post by miamitj » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:10 am

I don't think most people realize how hard these shoots are. I don't expect to do much better.
Omi R.

Mahamotorworks

Post by Mahamotorworks » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:07 pm

Here is mine. I shot it with my Sig P226, it was acutally shot with the 357 SIG, not .40 S&W like the target says. It is hard to shoot these things. I know that my rear sight is off but dont have the $200 to buy the tool to fix it so I am waiting to talk to a local gun shop to see if he has one that will work.

I shot it a second time with my M&P, but I was thinking to much of why my slide closes when you slap a mag in it. I got 45 points. I didn't grab the target.

MAHA

I just noticed that the .357 SIG Isn't listed in the Calibers. #-o Do I still quailfy?