Extended till Tuesday ! May 9-25/08 FSN Rimfire Postal Match

Compete with your fellow FSN Members without leaving your home shooting range. Better known as the "Shoot n Mail."
HAL

Re: Extended till Tuesday ! May 9-25/08 FSN Rimfire Postal Match

Post by HAL » Thu May 29, 2008 10:35 pm

Made it to the range on Monday, had the 22 ammo ready, but some one forgot to grab the targets off of the printer before he left the house. #-o #-o It was not me as I do not own a printer and was not in charge of printing postal match targets (it was my brother who was responsible for all that stuff!!). Oh well, next time. When is next time??? :-k
"A brother may not be a friend, but a friend will always be a brother." - Ben Franklin (1706-1790)
“I want to be an achiever, like Bad Horse” – Dr. Horrible

miamitj
Life Member
Life Member

Post by miamitj » Fri May 30, 2008 6:43 am

Alright the match is over. The purpose was fulfilled because everyone had fun. Now let's do the next shoot...

Hmmmm, I was thinking a battle rifle shoot... 50 yards unmagnified from standing, squat, kneeling, sitting and prone.

5 targets in all ... 10 shots each ... What do you guys think?
Omi R.

Snafu12

Post by Snafu12 » Fri May 30, 2008 10:30 am

100 or 200 yard min
NM course
10 standing slow
10 rapid sitting
10 rapid prone
10 slow prone

miamitj
Life Member
Life Member

Post by miamitj » Fri May 30, 2008 3:10 pm

Snafu12 wrote:100 or 200 yard min
NM course
10 standing slow
10 rapid sitting
10 rapid prone
10 slow prone
I was trying to stay away from rapid shooting since not everyone, like those of us in Dade/Broward have access to a range we shoot rapidly at. There are also no 200 yard ranges in South Florida.
Omi R.

aquajon
BANNED

Post by aquajon » Fri May 30, 2008 3:28 pm

100yd or less will open more doors to people. 50yards seems perfect. most people can shoot that just about anywhere, just use reduced targets.

I never tried to go prone at Markham, don't know how they would like that. Might do a string in each position but make them optional. So you can do all the string standing/offhand, or maybe sitting. If you can/want to go prone or kneeling on the strings that call for it, then ok, if not, ok too.

That will allow people who can't (range rules, or disability) get down on the ground very easily the ability to shoot still. If they choose to shoot the prone string offhand, who cares. It will only disadvantage themselves.

Maybe something like:
20 rounds offhand
20 rounds sitting
20 rounds prone

All with no magnification, and "battle rifles" of some era (M1, M14, M16, etc). Targets should be reduced targets. So the offhand should be a NRA 200yard target reduced for 50 yards, the sitting 300 yards and the prone 600 yards. I'm too lazy to lookup the exact targets but NRA has them all reduced for 100 yard matches, someone could then reduce them again (or leave them as it) for a 50 yard match.

This gives you a total of 600 possible points again.

ETA: battle rifles of any era and any country of origin, so AK = ok.
ETA: Reduced targets are:
SR-1 200 yards
SR-21 = 300 yards
MR-31 = 600 yards

After looking at them, I think we can just leave them as is at 50 yards. No one (at least not many) will be shooting this with match grade guns anyway.
Last edited by aquajon on Fri May 30, 2008 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous wrote:I replied "well you might have beat me at IDPA, but I take comfort in the fact that I'm beating you at life".

Snafu12

Post by Snafu12 » Fri May 30, 2008 3:49 pm

Ok
What ever you guys would like
How about making 200 optional?
I am getting ready for perry

miamitj
Life Member
Life Member

Post by miamitj » Fri May 30, 2008 3:57 pm

aquajon wrote:100yd or less will open more doors to people. 50yards seems perfect. most people can shoot that just about anywhere, just use reduced targets.

I never tried to go prone at Markham, don't know how they would like that. Might do a string in each position but make them optional. So you can do all the string standing/offhand, or maybe sitting. If you can/want to go prone or kneeling on the strings that call for it, then ok, if not, ok too.

That will allow people who can't (range rules, or disability) get down on the ground very easily the ability to shoot still. If they choose to shoot the prone string offhand, who cares. It will only disadvantage themselves.

Maybe something like:
20 rounds offhand
20 rounds sitting
20 rounds prone
ETA: battle rifles of any era and any country of origin, so AK = ok.
Great Idea !!!
After looking at them, I think we can just leave them as is at 50 yards. No one (at least not many) will be shooting this with match grade guns anyway.
Thats what I was thinking ... Its just for fun anyway ... Ill make targets that are easy to hit but sill not so easy you get a perfect score.

We could also do a precision rifle shoot after this one :)
Omi R.

Mahamotorworks

Post by Mahamotorworks » Fri May 30, 2008 8:18 pm

So lets get the details going on this match. I am still trying to get a good scan of a quarter.

MAHA