Woods carry

The trials and tribulations of the great outdoors.
Keith

Post by Keith »

fridlo wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:43 pm If you're going to carry in a backpack, why not a Remington Tac-14?

Fridlo
Been looking for a good excuse to buy one of those. I like the look of them. It not sure how I would like shooting that little shotgun.
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

Keith wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:54 pm
fridlo wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:43 pm If you're going to carry in a backpack, why not a Remington Tac-14?

Fridlo
Been looking for a good excuse to buy one of those. I like the look of them. It not sure how I would like shooting that little shotgun.
I have one and I know the backside of the trigger guard could use a little rounding off! It bit me pretty good with double 00 buck in it. Still like it though. Very portable.
The shooter formerly called #1Glock30
Keith

Post by Keith »

Grip Hugger wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Fridlo
I have one and I know the backside of the trigger guard could use a little rounding off! It bit me pretty good with double 00 buck in it. Still like it though. Very portable.
Hey make pistol braces for them now. Seems like a good setup like that.
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

Keith wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:23 pm

I like the Suarez folding stock but wow, I only paid $50 more than that for the shotgun. But it is very tempting for sure.
https://suarezinternational.com/suarez- ... ce-system/
The shooter formerly called #1Glock30
Keith

Post by Keith »

Grip Hugger wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:37 pm
Keith wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:23 pm
I like the Suarez folding stock but wow, I only paid $50 more than that for the shotgun. But it is very tempting for sure.
https://suarezinternational.com/suarez- ... ce-system/
They are a little proud of their stuff.
fridlo

Post by fridlo »

Palmetto State Armory has Tac-14's for $270. I'm tempted.

Fridlo
JBubba57

Post by JBubba57 »

Dry Swamp wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:47 pm I've been carrying my GP100 in one of these and love it!

https://gunfightersinc.com/kenai-chest-holster/
That doesn't look like it would keep the pistol secure! If you lean over too far, or it snags a branch, seems like it would come out! Looks like it's friction and gravity retention only. They don't have one for my Ruger Security Six .357 5.5 inch I like to carry (hogs, bears, bad guys are my worries).
Member since early Obama regime
HK, Ruger, Browning fan
Dry Swamp

Post by Dry Swamp »

JBubba57 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:09 am
Dry Swamp wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:47 pm I've been carrying my GP100 in one of these and love it!

That doesn't look like it would keep the pistol secure! If you lean over too far, or it snags a branch, seems like it would come out! Looks like it's friction and gravity retention only. They don't have one for my Ruger Security Six .357 5.5 inch I like to carry (hogs, bears, bad guys are my worries).
Couldn't disagree more, retention is rock solid and carries comfortably. Spent a full week in the mountains of Maine hunting from dark to dark and carried my 6" GP 100. In this without a problem. Much prefer the Kydex shell over the other leather options with the sleet, snow and freezing rain.

I can even swap out the shells for several other pistols depending on needed use.

To each their own however.
rug357

Post by rug357 »

Nice looking rig for carrying a big gun.
I personally like cross draw holsters when barrel length gets a litte longer than 4" as they stay out of the way when sitting. The other advantage of cross draw carry is that the rifle stock doesn't get banged up on the side arm hammer when you sling carry the rifle like when you carry on the stong side. When you look at used hunting rifles you frequently see scratches and gouges on the stock from banging into the sidearm.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
Keith

Post by Keith »

fridlo wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:35 pm Palmetto State Armory has Tac-14's for $270. I'm tempted.

Fridlo
I found a brand new Tac 14 posted on AR15 for $220 shipped from a guy with great feedback. Would have jumped all over this. Needless to say it was sold before he posted it. Haha.