CAUTION!! Indian Mound Park boat ramp - Englewood

The trials and tribulations of the great outdoors.
flcracker

CAUTION!! Indian Mound Park boat ramp - Englewood

Post by flcracker »

This is a great place to launch your boat for fishing Lemon Bay, but the park comes with a significant negative faction of local drunks/homeless/scum.

We were quietly enjoying our afternoon yesterday 2/10/19 at Indian Mound Park in Englewood grilling brats and waiting for sunset, There were a few of the standard loud drunks hanging out on a picnic table by the shell parking lot where overflow from the boat trailer parking area sometimes has to park. They were carrying on about how this one guy with a long boat trailer backed up to/through the wood rail fence with his trailer and how he wasn't supposed to park there (drunks were all on bikes or foot). We watched as they tied the web strap from his boat trailer to the fence and pinned the loop with a stick so it would stay in place, setting the guy up to pull down the fence when he drove away. This would have not only destroyed the fence, it also had the potential to wipe out several other cars in the process. When I saw the guy who owned the truck and trailer walking towards it, I went over and told him to go look at what the drunk jerks had done to his trailer. He cursed them out and threw the stick at them, then drove away to load his boat. Drunk jerk #1 walks over to me and starts yelling at me for lying about them - I yelled back and called 911 to report their actions. Drunk jerk #2 rode off on his bike as soon as he heard that I had called 911. Drunk female jerk then came walking over yelling at me while I was on the phone with 911 then walked away after I yelled at her to not come any closer to me and that I was still on line with 911.

Two Sarasota County Deputies showed up 5 minutes later. Drunk #1 and Drunkette started mouthing off at Deputy, who tells them to can it and that he wanted to talk to the man who called 911 (me). I gave him the run-down and he went back to talk to them. Drunk #2 rode bike back into area, spotted cops, turned around to leave. I hollered to the Deputies that this was one of the guys. Drunk #2 started cursing and yelling at me. One of the Deputies called him out and made him come over to them. Soon, we hear Deputy yelling at Drunk #1 "YOU aren't the parking patrol - WE are!". Drunk #2 is turned loose and scoots away on bike. Drunk #1 and Drunkette continue arguing with cops, including comments to the effect of "When you told me to leave that other area by the music group an hour ago, I came over here and now you're harassing me over here." Finally, we hear Deputy say "Are you going to leave the park now, or am I going to have to take you to jail?" Drunk #1 and Drunkette go to leave by way of nature trail through woods and Deputy insisted that they leave by walking out through parking lot where he can watch them leave.

Ten minutes after the Deputies left, Drunk #2 and two new guys show up and start building a bonfire out of palmetto branches in the grill at the picnic table next to us. Never said another word to us. We enjoyed sunset, packed up and left.

So, word of caution - if you park your boat trailer in the shell parking lot area at the point at the end of the park instead of in the boat trailer parking area, the local drunk jerks may take exception and vandalize your vehicle. Always check your six and other surroundings before pulling out of your parking space.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

Reason number one why I carry a machete with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Raising the voice and an inability to hear "LEAVE ME ALONE!" Is usually due to congestion from a sinus blockage affecting their hearing.

A good blast of this clears it right up!

It works so good that they usually throw themselves down on the ground and scream with delight at finally being able to hear!

rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Ever see the YouTube videos for that cold steel Inferno pepper spray I couldn't imagine not being able to find water after being hit with that.
Sometimes dbags like that just need a quick shot on your way out of the parking lot....on general principle
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

rentprop1 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:49 pm Ever see the YouTube videos for that cold steel Inferno pepper spray I couldn't imagine not being able to find water after being hit with that.
Sometimes dbags like that just need a quick shot on your way out of the parking lot....on general principle
I've never used my Sabre in anger but I shot some on a leaf just to make sure it worked and I promise you dont want none of it!
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

rentprop1 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:49 pm Ever see the YouTube videos for that cold steel Inferno pepper spray I couldn't imagine not being able to find water after being hit with that.
Water dont so shit with any pepper spray. What works is a wet towel with soap or shampoo. Place on face but do not rub. Take off face and do it again with a different part spot on the towel. Continue this and it will be the only thing to make the process faster of healing. When you go shower it will start over again lol but no where near as bad. :lol:
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

I’ve heard semen makes it go away....
Hey Rent, wanna give it try?
I’ll keep my wife and two girlfriends away for a week if you’re game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Captain Steinbrenner wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:57 pm I’ve heard semen makes it go away....

I’ll keep my wife and two girlfriends away for a week if you’re game. Image
sucks when the cum dumpster is full doesn't it ... :mrgreen: