Woods carry

The trials and tribulations of the great outdoors.
TheSurvivalist

Post by TheSurvivalist »

Usually my S&W 627 .357 Mag., 5" barrel.
Cwt7691

Post by Cwt7691 »

Glock 20
Member since the early days
Semper Fi
tector

Post by tector »

Cwt7691 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:25 pmGlock 20
There are also XDs in 10mm now.
“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”
Rodman

Post by Rodman »

glock 20 or 29 is my preference. I would like to shoot one of those new XDs in 10mm.
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

Also have a Glock 20 for my woods gun.
tector

Post by tector »

Rodman wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:23 am glock 20 or 29 is my preference. I would like to shoot one of those new XDs in 10mm.
The 5.25 version has my attention.
“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”
Rodman

Post by Rodman »

the 5.25 version is the one i was interested in as well.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

I don’t get in the woods much really but if I was going I’d carry my S&W k frame 64 2” loaded with snake shot in the first 2 charge holes. A hot +P in the rest.
rug357

Post by rug357 »

45caldan wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:53 am I don’t get in the woods much really but if I was going I’d carry my S&W k frame 64 2” loaded with snake shot in the first 2 charge holes. A hot +P in the rest.
Load couple of those snake shots in your revolver and fire them to make sure they work okay.
I only load the first shot with the snake shot as I've found if you load two or more rounds the plastic shot capsule on the second round may move forward far enough to bind the cylinder...preventing you from making second shot. This is common with light weight revolvers as they recoil harder/faster but it occasionally happens with heaver revolver too. Few months ago I loaded and fired 7 rounds of 38 Special shot shell out of my S&W model 10 revolver loading 2 rounds each time and on 2 times the shot capsule on the second round moved far enough forward after the first shot to bind the cylinder...had to push the capsule back in to open the cylinder. I tried same with Colt Agent revolver and I had 4 out of 6 rounds bind up which I expected as Speer do not recommend using them in light weight revolvers.
I've thought about using superglue to hold the capsule in place but haven't tried it yet as the capsule is designed to go out the muzzle after breaking up in the bore.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.