a wannabe?

pokeeejoe
Life Member
Life Member

a wannabe?

Post by pokeeejoe » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:09 pm

I was setting in a family restaurant in the eastern panhandle the other night, when a couple walked in. Okay so I'm a fat old man these days, but this dude was so roly poly he made me feel anexoric. As he turned from holding the door for his wife, I saw a gold flash on his belt. It looked like a badge. Later, he walked past me and I saw a couple patches on his shirt. One of them said "captain" and I thought the other said "Blackwater Correctional Institute."

I just googled "Blackwater Correctional Institute" and found there is such a place over in Milton, so I guess this guy was the real thing, but he reminds me of the guy who was the joke of NAS Oceana security back in the early 80's. That guy couldn't get into a car, and his weight ruined the front suspension on the P/U truck he rode around in.

regards,
Joe
I am not, never have been and will never be the person you think I am.

You can't know me, so get over it...

Dr John Meade
Life Member
Life Member

Re: a wannabe?

Post by Dr John Meade » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Unfortunately, there are few if any fitness requirements for corrections and law enforcement officers. Plus, that particular facility is privately owned, and under contract with the state, so they can have differerent requirements even than the DOC.
Dr John Meade
Emergency/Tactical Physician & Instructor

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. --John Adams