CCL Instructors in the Pensacola Area???

hoffman223

CCL Instructors in the Pensacola Area???

Post by hoffman223 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:14 pm

I am looking for a list of instructors that teach the concealed carry class in or around the Pensacola area. In visiting with my mother at the shuttle Atlantis launch this past weekend in Titusville, she mentioned to me that she would like to take the class and get her concealed carry permit. I know a bunch of guys that teach the class, but unfortunately I live in Miami and so do they. ](*,) I mentioned the possibility of her taking the class with a friend or two and she thought that that would be a good idea. So I am looking for an instructor who has the patience and ability to be professional and personable with a couple of 50 year old women. [smilie=cheers1.gif]
Vanguard Precision Gunwerks (VPG)
Miami, FL. 33155
07 FFL - Class 2 SOT
Office: 305-267-2759
Email: chris@vpgunwerks.com
Sales, Transfers, Gunsmith Services
Silencers, and Custom AR Builds
Sales by appointment only

pokeeejoe
Life Member
Life Member

Re: CCL Instructors in the Pensacola Area???

Post by pokeeejoe » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:13 pm

I'd suggest you ask at the range where they'll be practicing, rather than trying to find an instructor 600 miles away. It's a lot easier to get follow up questions answered, when you are talking to someone you see from time to time.

regards,
Joe
I am not, never have been and will never be the person you think I am.

You can't know me, so get over it...

Jarhead05

Post by Jarhead05 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:09 pm

If you're just looking for a basic class to qualify for the Florida license, classes are offered at most gun shows. Two hours, in and out.

In NO WAY do these teach you how to shoot, or how to handle yourself in a CCW situation, but they DO meet the state minimum standard.

Look at local gun clubs in the area where she lives for more comprehensive classes.

The Florida Sport Shooting Association, the state's NRA affiliate, list gun clubs.
'
http://www.flssa.org/org/clubs.html
USMC(ret) (1963-1992)
semi-retired gun lobbyist (1994-present)
Legislative Director, FSSA
Legislative Director, CCRKBA

HAL

Post by HAL » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:10 am

I know this guy, he is a great instructor. He has started offering more than just firearms training.
He and his wife team instruct and can offer one on one instruction if needed without slowing the class down.

https://www.northwestfloridafirearmstraining.com/

HAL
"A brother may not be a friend, but a friend will always be a brother." - Ben Franklin (1706-1790)
“I want to be an achiever, like Bad Horse” – Dr. Horrible